• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Autumn Apple-Cherry Crisp for Your Next Party!

In summary, the Autumn Apple-Cherry Crisp is a recipe that can be made at a party on Saturday. The recipe includes peeling apples instead of using the Apple-Cherry Crisp recipe from a packaged food, and various tips are provided for the best results.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I'm making the Autumn Apple-Cherry Crisp at a party on Saturday. I just made it at home for my fam. Any tips on peeling apples instead of using the APCS? It's too non reliable for me. I would hate to peel the apples ahead of time by hand.

I would definitely peel some before the show just because no matter what you use, it's kind of a time-consuming step.

To show off some peeling tools at the show, I like both the new green knife (sorry, I can't remember what it's called) and the Serrated Peeler. The one time I made that recipe at home, I used the Serrated Peeler and it worked just great! I tried the new green knife on an apple just for fun the other day and it works fine, but I personally like the peeler better. So, those are two options.

Shari in TX

just curious, in what way do you find the APCS unreliable?

Sometimes my core gets stuck on the prong thing. I didn't want to be at a show trying to pry that thing off. I actually cut my hand the other day trying to yank it off.

You get the core out by pulling backwards on the rod that you crank. It works great to get the core out - give it a try.

I'm not excited about the APC either. Sorry, shouldn't be negative, but it seems it's always a fight to me... either I "miss" the core, and leave some on, or the peel stays on part of it, or the apple's the wrong size.... So I stick with the apple corer, and knives! I'm just sayin' !!!!:)

One thing I have learned over the last 15 years is I'm not going to change how anyone is comfortable doing a task. Personally I LOVE the APCS, I have replaced all the blades on it twice. That's how much I use it. I also use it at Thanksgiving to peel about 20 potatoes (roll the corer down). Mother Nature is not perfect, so yes sometimes the apple comes out less than perfect, but I figure I save so much time using it, I can fix the couple that don't work. I do have it mounted on the stand and I sit the stand on our trivet. Now, I will tell you I feel that way about the Mandolin, rather poke my eyes out than use it!!!:)

LOL, when I signed up several years ago, the APCS came in the kit. I feared this more than anything in the business!! I made sure I learned all about it, used it and if I had questions, asked. I LOVE the APCS and hope you will give it a try. Great seller at a demo especially right now when apples are so available. There is a trick to keeping it working properly and I always teach my customers how to adjust if whenever it is needed.

I use the serated peeler we have. First I core the apple then I serate it but you could use it before you wedge it any way.

Or use the Apple Wedger to core and wedge it, then slice with peel on and get all those extra-yummy nutrients in the peel.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Autumn Apple-Cherry Crisp?

The ingredients for this recipe include apples, cherries, flour, sugar, oats, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

2. Can I use frozen fruit instead of fresh for this crisp?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and drain the fruit before using it in the crisp.

3. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 8 servings.

4. Can I substitute the apples and cherries with other fruits?

Yes, you can use other fruits such as peaches, pears, or berries for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the sugar and spices accordingly.

5. Can I make this crisp ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make this crisp ahead of time and reheat it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-15 minutes. It is best served warm.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies