• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Different Pie Fillings Be Used in an Autumn Apple Crisp?

In summary, to make the Autumn Apple-Strawberry Crisp, you will need 6 cups of peeled and sliced apples, 2 cups of sliced strawberries, 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of rolled oats, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 stick of unsalted butter, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg. You can use frozen fruit instead of fresh, but be sure to thaw and drain it first. The crisp will need to bake for 35-40 minutes at 375°F. You can substitute the apples and strawberries for other fruits and adjust the sugar and spices accordingly. This recipe is not gluten-free, but you can use a gluten-free flour
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I just wanted to share that I wanted to make the Autumn Apple-Cherry Crisp for a work party. One of the guys said that he doesn't like Cherry so I asked him if he likes strawberries and he said yes..so I made it with Strawberry Pie Filling rather than Cherry..and it was SO GOOD..I think I liked it better with the Strawberry.

Has anyone ever made this with a different kind of pie filling?? My mom really likes raspberries..so I thought about using that as well.

Sounds great! I loved the cherry, so if you liked the strawberry better, well, it must be awesome.

That's a great idea to use different kinds of pie filling in the recipe! I haven't tried it myself, but I think using raspberries would be delicious as well. It's always fun to experiment with new flavors and see what works best. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Autumn Apple-Strawberry Crisp?

To make this delicious dessert, you will need 6 cups of peeled and sliced apples, 2 cups of sliced strawberries, 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of rolled oats, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 stick of unsalted butter, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.

2. Can I use frozen fruit instead of fresh for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and drain the fruit before using it in the crisp. This will prevent the crisp from becoming too watery.

3. How long does it take to bake the Autumn Apple-Strawberry Crisp?

The crisp will need to bake for about 35-40 minutes in a preheated oven at 375°F. You will know it is done when the fruit is bubbling and the top is golden brown.

4. Can I substitute the apples and strawberries for other fruits?

Yes, you can substitute the apples and strawberries for other fruits such as peaches, pears, or blueberries. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar and spices accordingly.

5. Is this recipe gluten-free?

No, this recipe is not gluten-free as it contains all-purpose flour. However, you can substitute the flour for a gluten-free flour blend to make it suitable for those with gluten sensitivities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • ChefJWarren
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefa
Replies