• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Forest Trifle: How Many Cans of Cherry Pie Filling Do I Need?

In summary, the recipe calls for 3 cups of cherry pie filling. The recipe calls for 1 and 1/2 cans of cherry pie filling. The recipe calls for a choc cake not the brownie. The recipe calls for 3 cups of brownie cubes. The recipe calls for 11/2 bars of milk chocolate candy. The recipe calls for 2 cups of cold 2% milk. The recipe calls for 2 pkgs of white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling. The recipe calls for 1 container of frozen whipped topping, thawed.
kam
Staff member
How many cans of Cherry Pie filling for this trifle?

I haven't made this one in quite awhile - so maybe that's why I can't remember!!

The recipe calls for 3 cups. I have a 21 oz can - which, by ounces is less than 3 cups. But I can't remember if 1 can is enough!

My recipe calls for 3 cups, too. I think 21 oz can is fine, unless you want to buy more.

I make mine w/ 1 and 1/2 cans- I suppose I could do it with only 1

btw- I make the cake in the DCB in the micro

I use a choc cake not the brownie.

I make mine with 2 cans of cherry pie filling because that's The Furry Guy's favorite part.

nancycookspc said:
I make mine w/ 1 and 1/2 cans- I suppose I could do it with only 1

btw- I make the cake in the DCB in the micro

I use a choc cake not the brownie.

can you give us your exact recipe for all this? or is is posted?
thanks,
laurie

Black Forest Trifle Yield: 16 servings1 pkg (18-21 oz) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
2 bars (1.55 ounces each) milk chocolate candy, divided
3 cups cherry pie filling
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup cranberry-cherry juice
2 cups cold 2% milk
2 pkg (3.3 oz each) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawedDirections:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies; spread batter over bottom of Large Bar Pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.2. Loosen brownie from sides of bar pan and invert onto flat side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Cut brownie into 1-in. cubes; set aside. Chop 11/2 of the chocolate bars using Food Chopper. Reserve remaining chocolate for garnish.3. Combine pie filling and almond extract in Small Batter Bowl; set aside 1/2 cup for garnish. Stir juice into batter bowl.4. Pour milk into Classic Batter Bowl; add pudding mix and whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in whipped topping.5. To assemble trifle, place half of the brownie cubes into bottom of Trifle Bowl. Layer with half of the pie filling mixture. Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layer one time.6. Make chocolate curls with reserved chocolate using Vegetable Peeler (see Cook's Tip). Garnish top of trifle with reserved pie filling mixture and chocolate curls. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.Nutrients per serving: Calories 380, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 59 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 300 mg, Fiber 0 gCook's Tips: To make chocolate curls, hold the Vegetable Peeler across the short side of the chocolate bar. Using even pressure, push the blade away from you to create curls. This trifle can be assembled several hours before serving, or even the night before. (C)The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2008

Oh, I leave the chocolate candy out. We didn't care for the texture since everything else is pretty smooth. I just grate some on top.

Thanks, I think I'll buy a second can just in case.

Related to Black Forest Trifle: How Many Cans of Cherry Pie Filling Do I Need?

What is a Black Forest Trifle?

A Black Forest Trifle is a layered dessert made with chocolate cake, cherries, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings. It is a twist on the traditional Black Forest cake, but served in a trifle dish for a beautiful presentation.

Can I make a Black Forest Trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make a Black Forest Trifle in advance. In fact, it is recommended to make it a day before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. Just cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

What can I use instead of cherries in a Black Forest Trifle?

If you are not a fan of cherries, you can substitute them with other fruits such as raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries. You can also use canned or frozen cherries if fresh ones are not available.

Can I use store-bought ingredients for a Black Forest Trifle?

Yes, you can use store-bought ingredients for convenience. However, for the best flavor, it is recommended to make the chocolate cake and whipped cream from scratch. You can also use a boxed cake mix and make homemade whipped cream using heavy cream and sugar.

How do I assemble a Black Forest Trifle?

To assemble a Black Forest Trifle, start by placing a layer of chocolate cake at the bottom of a trifle dish. Then add a layer of cherries and whipped cream. Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the dish, ending with a layer of whipped cream. Finally, garnish with chocolate shavings on top. Serve chilled and enjoy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RMDave
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • jj16
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies