1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Looking 4 the Lrg Square Platter Salad

1. naekelsey

naekelsey Advanced Member Gold Member

I am looking for a recipe that I used to make all the time..The problem is, I can't find it and can't remember what it is called. I want to say it had, at least, 7 items included. They included lettuce, broccoli, onions and carrots. It is at least 4 years old. And it goes onto the Simple Additions Lrg Square Platter. Does anyone have this recipe??

Dec 18, 2009
  2. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

Did you try to search on CC? You can put it the product and/or the ingredients?

Dec 21, 2009
  3. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Not sure if any of these are what you are looking for:

Antipasto Platter
    1 1/2 cups carrots, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 3 medium)
    1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
    1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
    1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
    1/4 cup water
    1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts in water, drained and cut in half
    1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
    4 ounces sliced smoked ham, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
    1 cup Italian dressing
    6 cups romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
    1 ounce freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1. Place carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and bell pepper in Large Micro-Cooker®; add water and cover. Microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are just crisp-tender; drain. Rinse vegetables under cold water until cooled to room temperature.

2. Place cooled vegetables, artichokes, olives and ham in large bowl; toss gently with 3/4 cup of the dressing.

3. Slice lettuce and arrange on serving platter. Spoon vegetable mixture over lettuce. Sprinkle cheese over vegetables. Use Large Serving Tongs to serve antipasto. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.

Yield: 24 servings

Colossal Chopped Salad
    1 pkg (16 oz/450 g) uncooked penne pasta
    1 head romaine lettuce
    1 large carrot
    1/2 medium red onion
    1 small head broccoli
    2 plum tomatoes
    1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced pitted ripe olives
    2 oz (60 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup/125 mL)
    1 cup (250 mL) Italian or ranch salad dressing

1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold running water. Spoon pasta onto large serving platter.

2. Meanwhile, using Forged Knife - Chef's, thinly slice lettuce, carrot and red onion. Coarsely chop broccoli. Slice tomatoes into thin wedges.

3. Top pasta with lettuce, broccoli, carrot, onion, tomatoes and olives. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over vegetables. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.

Yield: 16 servings

Dec 21, 2009
Have something to add?