• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Local Craft Fairs, Farmers Market, Bazaars - Any Ideas

a hit or miss. I have been to a few that were really great and brought in a lot of business, but I have also been to some that were a complete bust. I think the biggest hurdle is that a lot of people are scared to try something new or go outside their comfort zone and attend an event they don't know anything about. Good luck with your search and I hope you can find something that works for you.Thanks,Petra
Petra
Hello everyone,
I really would like to spread "my wings" in Montreal and area and looking to find local craft fairs and bazaars. Does anyone know where to find a listing on the internet to these local events?
For anyone that has done these local events in their comunity, how was the success rate on participating in these fairs regularly?
I really need to increase my bookings, since I seem to be at a stand still at this point.
I am greatful for any advise and insight that you could share!
Thanks!
Petra :love:

try kijiji.com

I get a lot of mine from eventlister.net

Hi,
Thank you both very much for the links to kijiji and eventlister.
How successful have you been with attending Fairs and Bazaars?
Do you have any tips for a first timer?

Thanks,
Petra

Petra said:
Hi,
Thank you both very much for the links to kijiji and eventlister.
How successful have you been with attending Fairs and Bazaars?
Do you have any tips for a first timer?

Thanks,
Petra
I have 3 of them coming up. They are either a hit or a miss. I prefer the local fairs opposed to the Home Shows and Wedding Expos. Those can cost a lot to be a part of and I don't find them any better for contacts then the ones locally that cost $30 to rent a table.

I agree with Kristin. The Homeshows and Bridal Fairs have been a flop and are VERY expensive. I'm good at local events and they are cheaper! One place to start too is your local grange. I don't know if you have these, but you can rent the building for cheap, invite others vendors, share the expense/clients they may bring in and have a holiday bazaar. Also, talk to gyms for health fairs, woman's events. I'm hooking up with a gym and I'm presenting healthy food choices. I usually walk away from an 8 hour event with about $200 in sales (no inventory there, just catalogs to order from). and my last outdoor event I booked 6 on the calendar right then and there. I followed up within 48 hours on my lead sheets, very important and booked 4 more. I do 3-4 fairs/bazaars during the summer. This keeps my business flowing. My one outdoor event has me booked solid Sep/Oct. You go girl! Let us know how you do.

Hi Krisin, Julie and Paulette,
Thank you very much for the info. I have to agree with all of you. Our Montreal team had rented a booth at the Montreal Women show in the last couple of years and it wasn't successful for any of us. We each got on average less then 1 booking each, which just barely paid for the booth.
I am now looking at the local bazaars which we have coming up for x-mas and hope to get a table at a few.
Julie, your sucess is truly encouraging! I can't wait to get started now!
Thank you all for sharing your wealth of expertise!!!
Petra

petra
i use to offer a $25 gift certificate for my draw got tons of entries no/few bookings
now offer free cooking show alot less leads but more serious about booking
also the follow is so important
if u pm me your email i can send you a referral for a cdn company like post calls. they offer a 50 call/30 day trial and you could send a msg thanking and letting everyone know you will be following up with them in the next few weeks
i usually find fairs in my local paper "looking for vendors"
good luck

Hi Heather,
I love the idea to offer a free cooking show for the draw. You must have been reading my mind, I was just thinking about what I have at home to give away!
I would appreciate it if you could send me the refferal for the cdn company. My email is [email protected]
It has been incredible hard to find any bazaar or other event listings in QC. I live and breath google for anything that I am looking for, but in this case we really don't have any event listings here (not like craftlister.com).
I actually serached the website of each individual city around Montreal to try and find any event listing. I do remember a few bazaars I used to go to when I did handicrafts, but other then that they are really hard to find here.
So far I have found 2 good onces that I will follow up with on Tuesday and hopefully I will still be able to get a table.
Most of our bazaars are in either schools or churches and they really are not looking for vendors in the local papers. I wish they would!
Thanks again for your ideas!
Petra

petra
your welcome i will send you a referral for the company
if they are not advertsiting then give them a call and see if they have christmas bazars
i think every church in my town does
try searching canadian craft shows on google
hth

Heather,I too do the free cooking show give away, with another item I'm giving away. Isn't it amazing how such a simple idea works! As they are filling out the slip, I ask if they are entering for the free cooking show. If they are, I get my calendar and book them right there. My last event I booked 6; sent them with their host packet in a decorative bag with PC clear sticker on, so they carried PC advertisement around the rest of the event.

Kristen is so right on the big fairs being a flop. I did a $400 Bridal Fair a couple years ago (3 of us split the cost so not tooooo bad)...but got hardly anything out of it. I do much better at smaller events and have gotten really lucky at the bridal shop here by simply taking in a white basket filled with our wedding registry info, my business cards and cookies for the shop owner! I tied a pretty tulle bow on top. Things like that, the personal touch, really work!

Hi Petra,I live in Alberta and I have to say that Kijiji is the best source for finding community events. I check on a weekly basis. I act upon them quickly to be the first one and get a spot right away.Julie

1. What types of products should I sell at local craft fairs, farmers markets, and bazaars?

When considering what products to sell at these events, think about what types of items are popular in your local area. This could include handmade crafts, baked goods, fresh produce, or unique items that cannot be found in stores. It's also important to consider the theme of the event and tailor your products to fit in with the overall vibe.

2. How should I price my products at these events?

Pricing can vary based on the type of product you are selling, but a good rule of thumb is to cover the cost of materials and add on a reasonable markup for your time and effort. It may also be helpful to research the prices of similar products at other events to get an idea of what customers are willing to pay.

3. How can I attract customers to my booth at these events?

One way to attract customers is to have eye-catching displays and signage. You can also offer samples or demonstrations of your products to entice people to come to your booth. Another effective strategy is to engage with customers and be friendly and approachable.

4. Should I accept credit cards at these events?

It's always a good idea to offer multiple payment options, including credit cards. Many customers may not carry cash, so accepting credit cards can increase your sales. There are many mobile payment options available that are easy to use and can be set up quickly for these types of events.

5. How can I make sure I am prepared for these events?

Make sure to plan ahead and have all your products and supplies ready to go before the event. It's also important to have a way to track your sales and inventory, as well as enough change for cash transactions. Don't forget to bring business cards or flyers to hand out to potential customers as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Angel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Pampered Angel
  • reagan_davis
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pcheframsey