• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doing a "Kidz Fair" Any Advice ....

In summary, a cluster is planning to do a booth at a local event called the Kidz Fair for $400. They are looking for affordable ideas for the booth and one suggestion is to host a food chopper contest and do drawings for a free cooking show/class. Another person shares their experience with a similar event for kids under 6 and their plan to have a painting activity using cookie cutters and provide smocks for the kids. They also mention displaying new products and showcasing how they can be used for kids.
sailortena
Hi, my cluster is planning on doing a booth at a huge local event called the Kidz Fair. We are getting a booth ($400!!). it's at our local state fair grounds. Five of us are doing the booth.

Ok, this event expects 15,000 people to attend. I need some ideas on what we can do that won't break the bank! I had an idea of a food chopper contest with the kids and doing drawings for a free cooking show/class.

Anyone have any advice/tips? I don't think we can really cook anything during the fair ... we'll be inside, but I don't think we will have close access to any electric outlets.

hi there,
I am doing a simmilar but a bit smaller event here in my town.
Ours is geared to kids under 6. Last year in the 2 hrs the event is scheduled for there were over 1800 people who went thru over 600 were kids. The kids get tons of freebees. Every table is asked to have a kid craft and its free but you have to donate for door prizes if you want to be on their advertising. I am donating the kids cookie making set, Let's eat! and the chef hat and apron.
For an activity I am doing "painting" with the kids cookie cutters. I figure they can dip the cutters in paint (will put a litle paint mixed with dish detergent to prevent stains on a few different pie tins) and the kids can go to town on cheap printer paper.
I have a 4ft table with adjustable legs so it can be kids height. I will bring 4 of my kids small chairs. I think I will use my old logo (hen) pc tablecloth to put under the painting table. Also think I will make some smocks. I have done this before just using a cheap flannel back table cloth from walmart. I just cut out what look like giant bibs.
Display will be simple, new products and I am going to put kid stuff in my TTA. I saw this when I went to conf a few years ago. They had an area set up in the product room of how to use out stuff for kids. I will try to find the pictures.

Sorry this got so long..... but that is my plan for a simmilar event. :)

Hi there! Congrats on securing a booth at the Kidz Fair! It sounds like a great opportunity to promote your cluster and reach a large audience. Here are some ideas that might help:1. Create an interactive activity for kids: Instead of just having a booth with information, consider setting up an activity that will engage kids and their parents. This could be something related to your cluster's focus, such as a science experiment or a craft project. Kids love hands-on activities and it will draw more people to your booth.2. Utilize social media: Before the fair, use social media to promote your booth and the activities you will be hosting. This will help generate interest and attract more people to your booth. You could also use social media during the event to share live updates and photos.3. Offer freebies or giveaways: People love free stuff! Consider giving out branded items like pens, stickers, or bookmarks. You could also do a raffle for a bigger prize like a gift basket or gift card. This will help attract more people to your booth and create buzz around your cluster.4. Partner with other booths: Consider reaching out to other booths at the fair and see if you can collaborate on an activity or promotion. This will help expand your reach and attract more people to your booth.5. Create a photo booth: Kids and parents love taking photos, so why not set up a photo booth at your booth? You could have fun props related to your cluster and encourage people to share their photos on social media with your cluster's hashtag.Overall, the key is to be creative and have fun! Good luck with your booth at the Kidz Fair!

1. What is a "Kidz Fair"?

A "Kidz Fair" is an event where children can participate in fun and educational activities while also learning about healthy eating and cooking. It is a great way to engage kids in the kitchen and promote a healthy lifestyle.

2. How can I organize a successful "Kidz Fair"?

To organize a successful "Kidz Fair," it is important to plan ahead and have a clear vision of the event. Consider partnering with local schools or community centers, and reach out to sponsors for support. Plan fun and interactive activities, and make sure to have plenty of healthy snacks and recipes for kids to try.

3. What types of activities can I include in a "Kidz Fair"?

The activities you include in a "Kidz Fair" should be age-appropriate and promote healthy eating and cooking. Some ideas include fruit and vegetable tasting stations, cooking demonstrations, recipe scavenger hunts, and arts and crafts related to cooking and nutrition.

4. How can I get children excited about healthy eating at a "Kidz Fair"?

One way to get children excited about healthy eating at a "Kidz Fair" is to involve them in the planning process. Ask for their input on activities and recipes they would like to see at the event. Also, make the activities fun and interactive, and offer prizes or rewards for participating in healthy eating activities.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take at a "Kidz Fair"?

Yes, safety is a top priority at a "Kidz Fair." Make sure all cooking and food preparation stations are supervised by adults, and have hand-washing stations available. Also, consider any food allergies or dietary restrictions of the participants and have alternative options available. It is always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to the safety and well-being of the children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • katie0128
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • bakinwithbacon