• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Loaded Baked Potato Chowder--Can You Double It in the Dcb?

In summary, at a show, you should expect to make everything ahead in an old pyrex piece then put it in the DCB for the show.
gailz2
Gold Member
Has anyone doubled this recipe in the DCB--I was wondering if it would fit.

I doubt it. I seem to remember it being quite full just as is.

Nope, you cannot double it!

I've done it with almost 5 pounds of potatoes. I chunk up the potatoes instead of halfing them.

pamperedlinda said:
I've done it with almost 5 pounds of potatoes. I chunk up the potatoes instead of halfing them.

so you are adding more potatoes vs doubling the liquid too?

esavvymom said:
so you are adding more potatoes vs doubling the liquid too?

I add more of everything - kinda eye-ball it. Just be careful, it will be very full!

Thanks, I want to make sure to have enough for everyone at a show.

how many people are they expecting? remember, you are sampling, not catering, so they shouldn't expect a meal. Have the host pick up some rolls, and toppings to "fill it up". Personally, whatever PC says the serving # is, i usually can double it with a more REALISTIC portion size (IMHO). So if it says 6, I figure at least 10 people can eat some it.

If there's more than 6 people, pick a second recipe!!! They don't need to fill up their bowl/plate either :)

I agree they don't need full portions of the demo, just wanted to know if I could double the recipe in the DCB, if it was big enough or not.

I have also made several batches of it in the DCB then put it in a crock-pot when I wanted to feed a lot of people (not at a PC show, for a dinner with friends)

I just use a few extra potatoes, the entire block of cream cheese and some extra milk. I guess I kind of eyeball it too. I also add a bag of frozen broccoli that I steam in the micro cooker, so it increases the volume quite a bit. I will usually do a lava cake in the fluted stone extra, so between the 2 it ends up being a nice bit of food and the hostess usually has extra food to go with it anyways.

pamperedlinda said:
I have also made several batches of it in the DCB then put it in a crock-pot when I wanted to feed a lot of people (not at a PC show, for a dinner with friends)

oooo, good idea!
At my last show we had to make everything ahead in an old pyrex piece then put it in the DCB for the show. Discovered too late her microwave was too small. I told her the size ahead of time and she thought it would fit. Glad I was early, she was a friend and so helpful.

1. Can I double the recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Chowder in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

Yes, you can double the recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Chowder in the DCB, as long as it fits comfortably inside the baker. Keep in mind that doubling the recipe may affect the cooking time, so be sure to check on the chowder periodically to ensure it doesn't overcook.

2. Do I need to adjust the cooking time if I double the recipe?

It is recommended to check on the chowder periodically while it is cooking, especially if you double the recipe. The cooking time may need to be adjusted depending on the size and thickness of the ingredients, so it is always best to check for doneness rather than relying solely on the suggested cooking time.

3. Can I use a different type of potato for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of potato for this recipe, but keep in mind that different types of potatoes may have different cooking times. Russet potatoes are recommended for this recipe as they hold their shape well when cooked and create a creamy texture, but you can experiment with other types of potatoes as well.

4. Can I make this recipe on the stovetop instead of in the DCB?

Yes, you can make this recipe on the stovetop instead of in the DCB. Simply follow the same instructions for preparing the ingredients, but instead of cooking in the DCB, cook the chowder in a large pot on the stovetop. Keep an eye on the heat and stir frequently to prevent the chowder from sticking to the bottom of the pot.

5. Can I freeze the leftovers of this Loaded Baked Potato Chowder?

Yes, you can freeze the leftovers of this Loaded Baked Potato Chowder in an airtight container for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and heat on the stovetop or in the microwave until warmed through. Keep in mind that the texture of the potatoes may change slightly after being frozen and reheated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lakamper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pamperedlinda