• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Loaded Potato Chowder Disaster!

In summary, someone made the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder recipe at a show and it came out very runny. They added corn startch and it helped a little, but they can't do that at a show. People have shared tips on how to make it, and the most common is to add extra cheese.
pctharper
Gold Member
No clue what I did wrong when I made the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder in the DCB the other night for supper. It came out extreamly runny! I ended up adding some corn startch and put it back in the microwave and it helped a little. Did that twice and it got somewaht thick, but I can't do that at a show! Any suggestions?

There are several other threads where this recipe is discussed and others share tips. If you look down at the bottom of this page where it says "Similar Threads", you can click on them and see what others have shared. Here's how I make it:I use a regular bag of potatoes (russet or Idaho or whatever they are). I peel 1/2 of them so there won't be a ton of skins. Then I cut them up into chunks. Add the 1/2 cup of milk. Microwave it for 11 minutes and then take it out and stir things around. I use the Mix N Chop at that point to see how done they are and mash up what I can. It usually needs to go back in for just a few more minutes. Meanwhile, I soften the cream cheese for 30 seconds in the microwave. I use a full block of reduced fat cream cheese. I think by using more, it helps thicken things a little. After it's soft, I whisk it in the batter bowl. Then I slowly incorporate the milk. Add just a little at first, then whisk it. Then add some more and mix again and so on. This helps avoid getting clumps.Take out the baker, finish mashing the potatoes, pour in the cream mixture and stir it around. Add the butter and then put it back in the microwave for 4 minutes. When that's done I add the S&P and sprinkle the cheese on and stir it all around. Then serve w/ green onions and cooked bacon on the side.It's supposed to be a chowder/soup, not a really super thick, creamy one. The type of potatoes you use can also determine how thick or thin yours will be. The russets and Idaho type will break down more and thicken the soup. Red potatoes don't break down as much. They have excellent flavor though, so I use them when I plan to add broccoli and ham to the soup. Those added ingredients help to take up space in the milkiness. ;)Hope that helps! But browse those other threads, you might pick up some other tips people have shared in the past. :)

I add extra cheese if it's runny... :)

I stir in the sour cream, cheese, bacon, and green onions and it's always nice and thick.

I basically do the same as Amanda, only, I slice my potatoes with the UM...and I decrease the milk by 1/2 cup. I also use the whole block of cream cheese, and I prepare mine the same way - I think it makes it creamier if you can fully incorporate it with the milk before adding it to the soup. Oh, and like Terry, I usually add extra shredded cheese too.
My other little tip is to press a clove or two of garlic into the soup when your making it.

1. What is "Loaded Potato Chowder Disaster!"?

"Loaded Potato Chowder Disaster!" is a delicious and hearty soup mix from Pampered Chef that features a creamy and rich blend of potatoes and bacon.

2. Is "Loaded Potato Chowder Disaster!" easy to make?

Yes, "Loaded Potato Chowder Disaster!" is incredibly easy to make! Simply follow the instructions on the package for a quick and hassle-free meal.

3. Can I customize "Loaded Potato Chowder Disaster!"?

Absolutely! "Loaded Potato Chowder Disaster!" is a versatile mix that can be customized to your liking. Add in extra vegetables, cheese, or protein to make it your own.

4. How many servings does "Loaded Potato Chowder Disaster!" make?

One package of "Loaded Potato Chowder Disaster!" makes about 8 servings, but you can adjust the amount of water and other ingredients to make more or less as needed.

5. Can I freeze "Loaded Potato Chowder Disaster!"?

Yes, you can freeze any leftovers of "Loaded Potato Chowder Disaster!" for later. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container and thaw it before reheating on the stove or in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Meigs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ToDi4Food
  • pampered2007