• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Letting Guests Take Catalogs With Them...

In summary, the conversation discusses the benefits of giving out catalogs as a marketing tool. The speaker initially hesitated to let guests take catalogs home from shows, but later decides to do so and receives unexpected business inquiries. Other participants in the conversation also express their support for giving out catalogs, citing personal experiences and the potential for increased referrals. The conversation also addresses the issue of consultants who do not give out catalogs, leading to a loss in potential business. The general consensus is that giving out catalogs is a cost-effective form of advertising and should be encouraged.
pc_jessica
so i was really hesitant about letting my guests take the full catalog with them home from my shows last week...i don't know why that was i guess i was just seeing money going down the drain once that caddy walked out the door....but boy am i glad i let them!! this morning i got a phone call from a lady i don't know that seen the caddy of one lady who was at the party and she wanted to book a show!!! just out the blue, she called ME!!! and yesterday i got an email from a lady who wanted to buy somethings who again i had never meet she just seen a caddy from someone else who was at the show!!!! i think i am going to be a little more 'giving' with my caddys from now on!!

Catalogs are our best marketing tool. That's also why you should never give one out w/o your contact info on it...and always get the contact info of the person who takes one.

As you can see, this is cheap advertising! It does not bring in a ton of extra business, but I feel it can not hurt. Once I had pens with my contact information on them and a lady found one. She has been asking for a catalog and sending in an order every six months to a year!

Yes! I always let people know that I appreciate referrals when they ask about taking a catalog!

I let anyone take one home if they want! Also now that it's the end of the season they are more than welcome to take them home so I don't have them in my office!

wadesgirl said:
I let anyone take one home if they want! Also now that it's the end of the season they are more than welcome to take them home so I don't have them in my office!

this is true i never thought about it being the end of season lol, but i guess i should start just giving them out lol i have a bunch left and only 2 more shows on my calendar for august (hoping to get more though)

pc_jessica said:
this is true i never thought about it being the end of season lol, but i guess i should start just giving them out lol i have a bunch left and only 2 more shows on my calendar for august (hoping to get more though)

Yup, when they come check out ask them if they want to take it home with them!

When a show guest asks if it is okay to take a catalog I always reply "Sure, I have sold all I can at my house". I always encourage them to take one to a friend.

My thought is that a catalog with my info on it is alot more use to a person than my business card....

As an addition to this discussion, a friend of ours just hosted a jewelry party. The host got ONE 1 yes ONE catalog before the show. When anyone asked at the party if they could take a catalog to a friend or for whatever, like my daughter asked if I could have one since I had a show that night myself, she said NO! She even asked a gal who had put one in her purse to take without asking to give it to her. Needless to say, I've taken away, rather the consultant has, from my friends show because I'm NOT ordering from taht consultant. We've hosted a show twice with her. SO... GIVE OUT YOUR CATTY'S! It's worth it in SO many ways!

If someone ask if they can take it home, I just say "sure, as long as you give it out after you're done with it." You never know where they might leave it.....

quiverfull7 said:
As an addition to this discussion, a friend of ours just hosted a jewelry party. The host got ONE 1 yes ONE catalog before the show. When anyone asked at the party if they could take a catalog to a friend or for whatever, like my daughter asked if I could have one since I had a show that night myself, she said NO! She even asked a gal who had put one in her purse to take without asking to give it to her. Needless to say, I've taken away, rather the consultant has, from my friends show because I'm NOT ordering from taht consultant. We've hosted a show twice with her. SO... GIVE OUT YOUR CATTY'S! It's worth it in SO many ways!
All I have to say is WOW! I wonder if they charge a lot for their catalogs.

I did a spa party. She didn't even pass out catalogs (I got one as a host). Only had sets made up to buy.

I love our catalogs and if you share them with another consultant they are a good price at $45 for 100.

I know of one of our National Execs who went to a party and then later decided to sign. There was no info on the catalog so she became a HO lead. Imagine losing out on recruiting the next National Exec because you didn't want to let less than $.50 out the door - and, without your info, too!

wadesgirl said:
All I have to say is WOW! I wonder if they charge a lot for their catalogs.

I did Quixtar/Amway when I was fresh out of high school, and I remember the catalogs being $3 a piece. Not something I wanted to just hand out willy-nilly.

NooraK;675518[B said:
]I did Quixtar/Amway [/B]when I was fresh out of high school, and I remember the catalogs being $3 a piece. Not something I wanted to just hand out willy-nilly.

And besides - why would you hand out Amway catalogs? You aren't really trying to sell the products to other people, you're just buying them yourself, and selling the business to everyone else, so that you can retire as a millionaire in 3 years. :D:p

Sorry - couldn't resist. I live in the heart of Amway country, and have had the speil forced on me more times than I can count!:rolleyes:

I did Quixtar/Amway with my husband and had the hardest time with it, PC is so much easier the products sell them self. And even though I haven't been in six months and haven't been pushing myself to do what I need to do, I have already made my investment back.

I was a SU consultant and their catalog was 9.95! I had to charge customers for this. I hated doing that but it was so pricey! PC is so much better!

Related to Letting Guests Take Catalogs With Them...

1. How many catalogs can guests take with them?

Guests are welcome to take as many catalogs as they would like. We encourage them to share with family and friends who may also be interested in our products.

2. Do guests have to pay for the catalogs?

No, guests do not have to pay for the catalogs. They are provided as a complimentary service to help our guests learn more about our products and potentially make a purchase.

3. Can guests place an order directly from the catalogs?

Yes, guests can place an order directly from the catalogs by contacting the consultant listed on the back. They can also place an order online using the information provided in the catalogs.

4. Can guests keep the catalogs or do they need to be returned?

Guests are welcome to keep the catalogs if they would like. However, if they do not wish to keep them, they can be returned to the consultant or host of the party for future use.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions in the catalogs?

Yes, our catalogs often feature special deals and promotions that are exclusive to our hosts and guests. Be sure to check them out and take advantage of any offers that interest you!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tsm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • DebinCincy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kam
  • emiscookin