• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Share Cookware Demo Recipes

yet. That would be interesting!I used a stick last night for the garlic and I agree probably to use maybe a half of stick instead. However it was awesome, and I can't eat that every day! :DBurnt Cheese Delight
kcjodih
Gold Member
Anyone? I know about the Turtle Skillet Cake and the pull apart breads but I'm looking for some GREAT, easy and QUICK demos to do with the cookware for the month of January to help with February bookings.

I was thinking to use cookware demos all the way to may to also help with the pan-o-rama. I would love to earn all of the new cookware for free. The green chili fritta is easy to show, and the pinapple upside down cake is to die for. I just tried the pull apart breads, those are yummy. :D

I don't know if by "pull apart breads" you also mean the "quick garlic bites" that's featured on that CD we got that talks about the different collections. It's done in the small saute pan. If some people out there haven't heard of this, listen to that "selling collections" CD (I forget the exact title) because this is such an easy and impressive recipe.

At our cluster meeting last night we also did a soup in the Casserole with Lid (the Chicken Tortilla soup-yummy!) and ANY soup in there would be great and you could easily just have it simmering during your show if it's not the main recipe. Lots of soups in the "Soups, Stews and Chili" recipe card collection are really easy. The Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie doesn't have many ingredients and is AWESOME. If you're expecting a bigger show, this could be done ahead of time and have in the oven because the bake time is 30-35 minutes or so.

You could even just do a demo with a couple ice cubes in the small saute pan or one of the saucepans. Have people feel that your pan is just at room temperature. Put a couple ice cubes in it and as you're talking about its features, the ice cubes start to melt...very quickly! Explain that thawing meat in one of the skillets will take less time because the pan conducts heat so well....even if it's just room temperature! Then pass the pan around and have them feel how cold the pan is, just within a matter of minutes! Even up the sides. This also shows how well and how evenly it conducts heat (in this case how well it conducts cold! They wouldn't want you passing it around to show how well it conducts heat! :eek: ) This is a very easy demo. I think it's imperative to show and at least talk about our cookware this month to promote the host special for next month! I plan to use cookware in ALL of my demos and talk a lot about it. Find the guests in the crowd who already own it AND use it and have them talk about the ease of all the pieces. :)

Here is the recipes that I got from here just the other day. They are awesome and easy to do. Then when I served it, I put them on the med stripe square plate and it looked awesome. Have bamboo tongs there to serve! :D

Now on the garlic one I put a tblspoon of our italian seasoning 2 cloves of garlic and parmasian cheese over the top. My thought on this is use the stry fry pan for larger batches and serve on big square!

Attachments

• Pull Apart Bread-1.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 775
pamperedalf said:
Here is the recipes that I got from here just the other day. They are awesome and easy to do. Then when I served it, I put them on the med stripe square plate and it looked awesome. Have bamboo tongs there to serve! :D

Now on the garlic one I put a tblspoon of our italian seasoning 2 cloves of garlic and parmasian cheese over the top. My thought on this is use the stry fry pan for larger batches and serve on big square!
Those look yummy! The only problem is I think it's just one TABLESPOON of butter, not a stick of butter! :eek: That would be interesting!

I used a stick last night for the garlic and I agree probably to use maybe a half of stick instead. However it was awesome, and I can't eat that every day! :D

Burnt Cheese DelightThis is easy, and you only need your small saute pan. Take a single slice of cheese, do NOT spray your skillet and show everyone that you haven't (let someone feel it, whatever), then fry a kraft single in your skillet, when it has cooked for a while, until it's brown (or burnt), I just do it until it starts to smell, turn your skillet over and it plops right out on the plate - talk about demoing the NON STICK. I haven't done this at a show, but will be this month. I am doing the quick black bean chili in the small stock pot, but think that people may be more motivated with the skillets, at least that is why I started having shows and then consultant!!

What do you think?

The kraft cheese is a GREAT idea!!!!

I've also heard of consultants making a quick batch of rice krispie treats. It shows heat conduction and how easy the skillet (or pan) is to clean up!

What if you're not in the kitchen?I love the idea of using the cookware in all kitchen shows! I want the new cookware set too :eek:)

But how would you demo the cookware (ie frying the butter and garlic, etc) if you're doing your show in the living room. Often, hosts have small kitchens and the party happens in a larger living room. I would probably cook it ahead of time and show the guests the end result.

Does any one else have ideas for this situation?

At our cluster meeting we talked about doing the ice cube thing, but also doing it side by side in a pan from the hosts kitchen. Of course, you should test this in advance to make sure the ice cube won't melt faster in her pan. But if she has bad cookware it will be apparent immediately and you point will be well made.

I do the ice cube demo at all of my shows. It isn't so much about how fast the ice melts, as how cold the pan gets. With just 3 or 4 ice cubes the pan will be ice cold all the way to the top. I always joke that I could do the same demo with heat, but I make more friends when I don't pass hot pans around.

so, how exactly do you do the ice cube demo? Just place an ice cube in the skillet and let it melt?

place a couple of ice cubes in your skillet, wait just a couple of minutes. Then pour out the ice and let the guest feel the pan. It is a great way to show how well our cookware transmits heat. If you have not ever done this, you will be surprised at just how cold it gets. Often I have people say that they are going to try it with the cookware they have at home.

If I'm not using the cookware for a recipe I will burn a piece of cheese in the pan. I'm usually cooking it as the guests are coming in and it never fails that someone says, "Something smells good!" and it's just my cheese burning :D People are always floored by how the cheese just slides right off.

For the person who askes about when to do the pull-apart bread recipe, I usually have it ready for when my guests arrive to sample. I've also made it with the Hot Pizza Dip. I do know that I've never used a whole stick of butter. Maybe 1/2 stick, if that.

I can't wait to get my new Small Saute Pan and try it in that!

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

My Host's have a choice of either the Smashed Potato Soup (It's good for you cookbook) or Enchilada Soup (website - prod use & care or past SB fall/winter 2004, I think). The soups are a HUGE hit! For a dessert, if more than 10 buying guests, I will be doing the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake. If you love chocolate this dessert is yummy plus it shows them that you really can use our cookware int the oven and it will not damage it! I do not always have direct access to the kitchen so I purchased an electric burner last year and love using it!!! I am able to be in front of my guests and do the demo at the same time. :D

When I did the Enchilada soup last January I sold a lot of the cookware. They love our cookware you just have to show it to them!

pamperedalf said:

Amanda do you use the full stick of butter? I always have so much extra! I've seen recipes with 2 TBS only.

Which pan is the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie made in please?

I agree, we must cook and show as much of our cookware as we have! I want that full set of cookware!!! :)

ShanaSmith said:
place a couple of ice cubes in your skillet, wait just a couple of minutes. Then pour out the ice and let the guest feel the pan. It is a great way to show how well our cookware transmits heat. If you have not ever done this, you will be surprised at just how cold it gets. Often I have people say that they are going to try it with the cookware they have at home.

I also place the same number of ice cubes in a SA bowl at the same time. Those in the pans melt 4x as fast! Really amazing people. :)

pcjulie said:
If I'm not using the cookware for a recipe I will burn a piece of cheese in the pan. I'm usually cooking it as the guests are coming in and it never fails that someone says, "Something smells good!" and it's just my cheese burning :D People are always floored by how the cheese just slides right off.

At what heat do you put the cheese on and how long do you cook it. It always slides off?

:)

I make the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie at many of my shows. I use the 12 inch Professional Family Skillet. It is always a big hit.

substituted skillet for stoneware today!Hi just had to share! I was doing a brunch and I did not have the deep dish baker size so I subbed it out for the family skillet and everyone was impressed that I cooked it in the oven! Unfortunately no one was impressed enough to buy or book for next month :( but anyways just thought I'd share! It was the ham and cheddar croissant bake recipe and everyone really liked it just FYI!

Amanda do you use the full stick of butter? I always have so much extra! I've seen recipes with 2 TBS only.

I did use a whole stick, but it was way too much. I am going to use only a half of stick tomorrow at my bridal shower. Just make sure you coat all the pieces of biscutts. :D

I have been using the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie and it has been a hit! serve it on some ice cream and it's amazing. People are amazed you can put the skillet in the oven! i also have sold alot of Season Best because of this recipe! I've also, been showing the ice cube technique in the small saute pan. I've got a show this afternoon and wish me luck, I'm real close for my goal this month. :)

Cocoa Krispies treatsIn honor of Valentines Day, I'm going to be doing a quick batch of rice krispies treats in the saute pan, but I'm going to use cocoa krispies instead. When it's done, I'll form it into a giant heart shape to let cool. What a cool, quick gift for kids to make for Valentine's Day - a giant, CHOCOLATE heart! (hint - make a template from tagboard and laminate it or put it under wax paper.)

Have a great day,
Sandy

Thanks so much for the cute idea! That will seems like a quick, easy recipe to show off the cookware for the month. Great hint with the tag board. Is it enough for everyone to sample at the shows or do you do a second recipe? :)

chocolate heartThis wouldn't be considered one of my recipes...I would bring the ingredients. Just a quick, 5 minute demo while the main dish cooks...just to make sure I have cookware in there...the recipe is MUCH too small if done in the saute to accomodate a party's worth of people...

Sandy

Thanks so much for the info, I'll be sure to use it at my next show! :D

Great Spanish style recipesHi you guys,

I just realized that if you go to Consultants Corner and check the season's best recipes, they offer the spanish ones... in English! The titles are in spanish, but I get the recipes themselves in english. These look delicious, and they are almost all prepared in the family skillet. So, if you have one, I would check those recipes out. I liked the Chicken with green chile sauce... and the eggs with chorizo sausage. It is fun to browse.

Love,
Rachelhttp:

CrazyChef said:
I love the idea of using the cookware in all kitchen shows! I want the new cookware set too :eek:)

But how would you demo the cookware (ie frying the butter and garlic, etc) if you're doing your show in the living room. Often, hosts have small kitchens and the party happens in a larger living room. I would probably cook it ahead of time and show the guests the end result.

Although I have not used it yet I purchased a small electric burner for $10 at Walmart that I plan to use to demo simple things like you mentioned, especially if I do not have easy access to the kitchen! :)

You are fab
KathyG said:
Although I have not used it yet I purchased a small electric burner for $10 at Walmart that I plan to use to demo simple things like you mentioned, especially if I do not have easy access to the kitchen! :)
What a great idea, don't mean to sound so stunned but sometimes the simple solutions escape me. I have refused to do "cooking demos" I only use stoneware so that it doesn't take me away from the guests, I find if i leave them they start to entertain themselves and it is hard to get them back. This is a worthwhile investment.
Lorna

I just used the electric burner at my last show, and it was so convient to do a cooking demo right there if front of everyone. I was impressed myself. I demoed the garlic pull apart breads, very yummy. :D

butane burnerWow, I never thought of using this for a cooking show, but I have a little gas burner that is the kind used at restaurants for table top cooking. It is fueled by butane canisters and has an autostart flame. It is really cool. I have seen them at Target in the sporting goods section. They are a little more pricey, (I think in the $20 range) but they don't need to be plugged in and they are free standing. Plus, you'll be cooking with gas, LOL!

Mine is by 'Mr. Stove'. The butane canisters are cheap and available at Target or sporting goods stores.

Love,
Rachel

idea and be carefulI have a white gass buner also that I've thought about taking to shows, but decided against it. Remember at winter time I hear about people who are trapped in their homes from so much snow and they use gas grills and end up dieing or getting really sick from inhailing carbonmonixide from the grill. :eek:
I'm going to try the ice cube idea with the saute pan and the SA piece. My director also said to make a mini cookie in one of the small saute pans and bring it to the show in the pan and explain how to cook it if you don't do a pan cake. I've done the cheese thing but here's an extended idea on the cheese demo. You could use the roasting pan if you have it or even better the double burner griddle. Shread some parmasean cheese with the Grater, warm the pan over the stove top, and drop a teaspoon of cheese into piles around the pan leaving room for spreading and fry about a 3 inch circle of cheese. When it's melted quickly transfer the cheese to the mini muffin pan to make cheese cups. Allow to cool. Fill the EAD with a seasoned sour cream, maybe mix up some italian seasoning and sour cream and using the star tip dollop a bit of sour cream in each cup. Garnish with a small piece or dice up some green onion and sprinkle or place stratigically on top and serve on one of the rectangle SA pieces in the woven selections. Beautiful! hth
Jenny

Question on Pan-O-RamaI have a host who's show is January 31st- she will be closing 1st week in February. If she chooses the pans as her 1/2 off, does it count towards my pan-o-ram totals, since show closed in February?

Flyer doesn't sayThe Panorama flyer doesn't specify "held and submitted". It just says "sales" or "sold in", so you should be okay.

Hope that helps!

Happy selling!

nikked said:
The Panorama flyer doesn't specify "held and submitted". It just says "sales" or "sold in", so you should be okay.

Hope that helps!

Happy selling!
I interpret the pan-o-rama as cookware sales in February through May. If the order was placed in January (on a January show) iI don't think it will count. I am sending this question ot home office because I also interpret this as if the show is a May show we SHOULD get credit for those sales even if the show doesn't close until June.

They need to clarify it better.

missmessmaker said:
I . My director also said to make a mini cookie in one of the small saute pans and bring it to the show in the pan and explain how to cook it if you don't do a pan cake. I've done the cheese thing but here's an extended idea on the cheese demo. You could use the roasting pan if you have it or even better the double burner griddle. Shread some parmasean cheese with the Grater, warm the pan over the stove top, and drop a teaspoon of cheese into piles around the pan leaving room for spreading and fry about a 3 inch circle of cheese. When it's melted quickly transfer the cheese to the mini muffin pan to make cheese cups. Allow to cool. Fill the EAD with a seasoned sour cream, maybe mix up some italian seasoning and sour cream and using the star tip dollop a bit of sour cream in each cup. Garnish with a small piece or dice up some green onion and sprinkle or place stratigically on top and serve on one of the rectangle SA pieces in the woven selections. Beautiful! hth
Jenny

Why did your director think baking a cookie in a pan in the stove would sell cookware (most people will more easily use stones and cookie sheets?)? It's cool to think about ~ but I'm not seeing the practicality.... Brilliant idea on the cheese demo! What else could you fill it with?

cookie in a panMost people wouldn't think they could make a cookie in a pan. And, you are right most people would use a stone or cookie sheet. But, she also used this cookie to give away at the end of the show to the first person who booked a show with her and helped out her host, she anounces this when talking about the cookie and the cookware. She slides the cookie into a clear plastic bag and ties with a pretty ribbon, you could attach a coupon to be redeamable with their show, or maybe a mini serving spatula and your card. You could also explain that this might make a nice gift to give to a neighbor or anyone who likes cookies. You could show how things don't stick to the pan when you slide the cookie out of it. Also it gives you a reason to talk about the cookware and it's many uses, even things like this that most people wouldn't think to do. This made me think of the demo mentioned on the Breaking into the Hispanic Market CD about the stove top cake made in the pan. The lady on the cd talked about how most hispanic cooking is done on the stove top and how their ovens are rairly used for cooking. If you'd rather I have a recipe for a couple of stove tops cakes one made in the saute pan the other made in the family skillet.

Jenny

top cakes and oven cakeOops, thought this one was a stove top but it's not:
Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe:
1 (9 oz) box Jiffy yellow cake mix (mix according to package directions*)
1 small can sliced pineapple rings, reserve juice*
3T. butter
3T. brown sugar
Maraschino Cherries (optional)
Pecans, chopped (optional)

Drain pineapples; reserve juice for cake. Combine cake mix ingredients using pineapple juice in place of water called for in recipe & then add enough water to make up what you need as recipe calls for, & then set batter aside. Melt butter & add brown sugar over med heat until sugar is melted. Remove from heat. Spread chopped nuts on top of butter mixture. Arrange pineapple rings all around the bottom of the pan. Place a cherry half in middle of pineapple rings. Pour cake batter over top of this mixture. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes then flip cake over onto Platter. May serve warm & top with Vanilla Ice Cream, using Ice Cream Dipper, or top with a Cool Whip rosette, using the EAD.

*Cook's Tip: Using the juice from the pineapple rings for the liquid measurement gives the cake a more pineapple taste.

Makes about 8 servings

And the crown jewel: Stovetop Chocolate Pineapple Upside Down Cake
---------------------------------------------

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter

1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed

1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices

4 maraschino cherries, drained and halved

2 packages (9 ounces each) chocolate cake mix

1 1/2 tablespoons Pantry Korintje Cinnamon

2 eggs

1 teaspoon rum extract

Vanilla ice cream (optional)

1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted (optional)

Directions:
1. Melt butter in Large (10-inch) Skillet over low heat. Stir in brown sugar until well blended using Bamboo Spoon. Remove skillet from heat; cool on Stackable Cooling Rack.

2. Meanwhile, drain pineapple slices in small colander of 4-Piece Colander & Bowl Set; reserve juice in small bowl. Arrange 8 pineapple slices over sugar mixture. Place a cherry half in the center of each pineapple slice.

3. Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Combine cake mix, cinnamon, liquid, eggs and extract. Whisk with Stainless Steel Whisk until well blended. Gently pour over fruit in skillet.

4. Place cover on top of skillet. Place skillet over medium heat. Cook 8-10 minutes or until batter bubbles around edges of skillet. Reduce temperature to low. Cook 20-30 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove skillet from heat. Carefully loosen edge of cake; invert onto heat-safe serving plate. Cool slightly.

5. If desired, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream using Ice Cream Dipper. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1 piece of cake, 1/4 cup of ice cream): Calories 70, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Carbohydrates 36 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread shredded coconut in a single layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan. Bake 8-10 minutes (stir coconut occasionally for even browning) or until light golden brown; cool completely.

Enjoy
Jenny

Two responses...1. The online flyer rules state that all Pan-O-Rama sales have to be submitted by midnight on May 31. I'm under the impression that as long as the sales are submitted in February (even if the show was in January), they will count toward Pan-O-Rama.

2. Thanks so much for the Pull-Apart Breads Recipes! I tried the apple cinnamon one last night, and my husband and I ate the whole thing (in my defense, I am seven months pregnant...)! It is super easy, super fast, and super impressive. It's just plain SUPER! Thanks so much! I'll be using it all next month! :D :D :D And by the way, I used two tbsp of butter. Perfect!

CrazyChef said:
I love the idea of using the cookware in all kitchen shows! I want the new cookware set too :eek:)

You can buy a single burner, that can be plugged in with an extension cord. then even if you are in the kitchen you can have it right in front of the durning your demo.
They are usually around $10, Lowe's Walmart, even drug stores!

Pan-O-Rama QuestionsI just called HO- field services for clarification on what qualifies for Pan-O-Rama. She expects there will be clarification in next weeks Bytes that it is Shows Held and submitted in February to qualify. I told her it was very confusing, because for Double-points for trip it specifically says shows HELD and SUBMITTED in Feburary, but Pan-O-Rama flyer does not say that. She said there will be many things clarified next week. Eveidently they have been getting quite a few calls regarding this.

I emailed HO and the response I got was that shows must be HELD AND SUBMITTED between Feb. 1 and May 31 to qualify for the Pan-o-rama sales.

Only cookware sales count toward this promotion (includes lids!) but we get credit for full retail value no matter what the host or guest pays.

Hope that clears things up! :D

Pull-Apart originsI understand this pull-apart was used by a director in the East, Jennifer Rousche, and that she specifically aimed the recipe at the 8" saute pan - calling it the "try me" pan.

That recipe is only using 1/2 stick butter. You certainly can use the full stick, but I think that helps PC get a bad rep for greasy food...the 1/2 stick does the job very well. Oh- don't use "diet" margarine - it is mostly water! (Did that, not a good thing!)

Also - for more guests, you can cut the GRANDS biscuits into 6 pieces rather than 4. Still 1/2 stick of butter, tho. They are pretty big when you cut them into 4's.

Attached are the recipes (sweet & savory) that I have used to demo the "try me" pan.

Other things I talk about, are "how the grocery store $11 saute' pan wears out in 1 year, then you go spend another 11 and another 11 - you've paid for 4 of those pans in 4 years; while the "try me" pan will be humming along just fine 4 years later. And this one won't add that "mystery spice" black flakes to your food.

Finally, the Autograph II finish is the finest one DuPont makes - there are 5 coatings involved, not just 1 or 2. Primer, then first coat, then mid-coat, then second coat, then top coat. (think nails, ladies!) The layers help make it indestructable. And, if there are ever problems with the finish - it has a lifetime guarantee! Just keep your receipt under your silverware drawer."

Good luck selling lots of cookware!

Attachments

• Biscuit Appetizer.doc
    32 KB · Views: 449
CrazyChef said:

I demo-ed the garlic pull apart bread at our cluster meeting... we hold the meeting in my directors dining room around her big table.
So I put the butter and garlic in the Easy Read Meas. Cup, melted it in the micro, and brought it to the table. Then I was showing another product, and showing that it CAN go in the microwave.

Then I just mixed it all together at the table in the pan, and took it to the kitchen.

Gotta stopI have GOT to stop reading this thread. Every time I read a new post on this thread, I'm DYING to make the pull-aparts. Even when I just make them with garlic and butter my family eats them up!:D :D I just went searching through my fridge to see if I have any Grands, but I don't. :(

Diane

P.S. My kids love the pull-aparts with butter, sugar and cinnamon, too!

I have used just regular biscuits and not the grands. Still works great!

I made them with a stick of butter at our training meeting. I think i would try them with only a 1/2 a stick next time.

Yep Sounds goodI know what you mean. I was at that training meeting and they were a little too buttery. I think if there is just enough to coat it would be fine. I remember the recipe I got on a bus from McCormick Place and it called for one stick of butter but, there were two cans of biscuits, regular ones, involved. Did not seem as "greasy" to me that way.

Recipe?
heat123 said:
Hi just had to share! I was doing a brunch and I did not have the deep dish baker size so I subbed it out for the family skillet and everyone was impressed that I cooked it in the oven! Unfortunately no one was impressed enough to buy or book for next month :( but anyways just thought I'd share! It was the ham and cheddar croissant bake recipe and everyone really liked it just FYI!

I'm doing a brunch next week and this would be perfect!! I've already hinted to the hostess that the cookware is Life Time Guarantee, so this would work right along with my "plan" to have her purchase the cookware :) Do you have this recipe?? It cooked just fine - no soggy parts??

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • cookingwithhart
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies