• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Guess the Discontinued Items...

it...)I actually *gasp* threw mine away. It was taking up valuable condiment space in my refrigerator door. (good thing I earned it, and didn't have to pay for... it...)
niktim3
I am sure the snowmen plates/platter will be going.
Any other guesses out there?
THanks!

Another obvious will be the Seasons Best Cookbook will be a new one.

I think the rectangular stone will be discontinued/restyled. Same with Stoneware Inspirations and Spoon Rest (needs a larger cup for our newer tools). The Scoop Clip and the V Shaped Cutter (I think I have only sold a couple in the couple of years they have been in our catalog). The rectangular baker (we have the glazed ones). A consultant friend would love to see the Can Opener in black so the white would likely get discontinued. The Pizza and Roll Mix (we don't even use it in our own recipes!).
niktim3 said:
I am sure the snowmen plates/platter will be going.
Any other guesses out there?
THanks!
And wouldn't it be great to have a spring/summer style of these pieces?

I hope they don't discontinue the Pizza Crust and Roll mix. It's our favorite homemade pizza crust. It's awesome.Hoping they restyle the Microplane Adjustable Grater so it won't crack in the middle and discontinue the old one.

I would like to see the whisk restyled so the wires were farther apart so food doesn't get so stuck inside.

Sandi

JAE said:
I hope they don't discontinue the Pizza Crust and Roll mix. It's our favorite homemade pizza crust. It's awesome.

Hoping they restyle the Microplane Adjustable Grater so it won't crack in the middle and discontinue the old one.

YES!

The Maple Honey Mustard Sauce. I tell people NOT to buy it because it is so nasty. :yuck::yuck::yuck:

Although I LOVE it, I wonder how much longer the All The Best Cookbook can last, since so many of the products and spices used in it are no longer part of the line. I would love to see a Vol II.

The Finger Guard

Silicone Crown Cake Pan

Oh I hope they don't discontinue the Pizza Crust & Roll Mix too - that's my favorite!!!

I don't know why they don't just call for it in the recipes, it's incredibly easy to make. I use it even if the recipe calls for a canned dough.

I don't think much will be discontinued since they expanded the catalog. I know they said it's b/c they put more photos and recipes in there, but I hope it's bigger, too, b/c of all of the great new products they're introducing and old ones they're not eliminating.

Don't get rid of the pizza crust and roll mix. I love making cinnamon rolls with it.

I'm getting really antsy to find out the new products, the April specials, HWC, discontinued products, new recipes.... I need to jolt for my mental state.

JAE said:
I hope they don't discontinue the Pizza Crust and Roll mix. It's our favorite homemade pizza crust. It's awesome.

Hoping they restyle the Microplane Adjustable Grater so it won't crack in the middle and discontinue the old one.

Ditto! It makes the best cinnamon rolls. I've broken two graters.

Silicone Crown Cake Pan- Hate it! It is so hard to clean. The muffin one is much better.

ChefBeckyD said:
YES!

The Maple Honey Mustard Sauce. I tell people NOT to buy it because it is so nasty. :yuck::yuck::yuck:

Although I LOVE it, I wonder how much longer the All The Best Cookbook can last, since so many of the products and spices used in it are no longer part of the line. I would love to see a Vol II.

The Finger Guard

Silicone Crown Cake Pan

You're right. It's gross. What were they thinking?!

I thought I was the only one who thought it was gross! I tried several times making it with different things and they all turned out horrible. I wouldn't mind a new simple additions pattern. They dots are getting old.

Keep the dots though. I hate to have all those dishes for nothing!

I used the Maple Honey sauce on brie once and everyone raved about it. They loved it! I mixed it with a green apple, pecans and cranberries. I served it at New Year's eve and it was the hit of the night. I don't care that much for it, but on the brie it was good. I think it is spicier than it needs to be.

It smells so bad, but the apple and cranberries probably helped the smell.

Yes, restyle the microplane. Hard to open even for me sometimes, tho I do love using it! I can't think @ the moment what else. I'm sure I will post again.

JAE said:
It smells so bad, but the apple and cranberries probably helped the smell.

I actually *gasp* threw mine away. It was taking up valuable condiment space in my refrigerator door. (good thing I earned it, and didn't have to pay for it!)

JAE said:

:chef:I hope they don't take our pizza crust and roll mix either. Maybe we should be using it. I promoted it before the holidays as an easy alternative to "homemade rolls" with out all the time consumption.

I hope the Drink Charms are gone. They are not different enough. I am not fond of the Bamboo Cracker Tray. I think what gets me is it is always pictured with the Snack Bowls. The price of the bowls seems like it would include all of it. The price of the bowls is too high and so is the price of the cracker tray. The Finger Guard was a great idea, but doesn't really do what's promised. I'd like to see our Pastry Blender go back to a traditional design. The Chip & Dip is just hideous. It is no better than the stuff you can pick up at Wal-Mart (for cheaper).

lockhartkitchen said:
Ditto! It makes the best cinnamon rolls. I've broken two graters.

Please share your recipe!

You can get it from our website too under recipes. It used to be printed on the box years ago. I've suggested they print it again, but they haven't. They taste bigger and better than the cinnamon roll chain restaurants. I cut smaller sections to make slightly smaller rolls, as these are truly giant, as I found out the first time I made them. Giant Cinnamon Rolls
Ingredients:
Dough
1 pouch (16 ounces) Pantry Pizza Crust & Roll Mix (including yeast packet)
1 cup very warm water (120°F-130°F)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 eggFilling
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar

2 tablespoons Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1 tablespoon light corn syrupFrosting
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare dough as directed in Steps 1-2 for Dinner Rolls.
2. Place dough on lightly floured surface and roll into a 10 x 15-inch rectangle.
3. For filling, combine butter, sugars, cinnamon and corn syrup. Spread filling over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Roll up, starting at short side; pinch seam to seal.
4. Slice dough crosswise into 6 slices. Place in Rectangular Baker or 9 x 13-inch metal baking pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place about 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Uncover rolls.
5. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
6. For frosting, combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar and milk. Spread over warm rolls.
Yield: 6 giant cinnamon rolls Cook’s Tips: To make slightly smaller rolls, slice dough into 8 slices.To make rolls ahead of time: After placing rolls in baker, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator. Let stand at room temperataure 15 minutes. Let rise and bake as directed. ©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

I hope the Drink Charms are gone. They are not different enough. I am not fond of the Bamboo Cracker Tray. I think what gets me is it is always pictured with the Snack Bowls. The price of the bowls seems like it would include all of it. The price of the bowls is too high and so is the price of the cracker tray ... The Chip & Dip is just hideous. It is no better than the stuff you can pick up at Wal-Mart (for cheaper).

I agree with this, except that the bamboo tray and snack bowls are a March special, and that's when the new catalog is out.

I always said the chip and dip (and most of the outdoor wear, for that matter) looked like something you could pick up at a dollar store.

And I'm not a fan of the collapsable bowls ... esp. the idea of using it as a chip and dip.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I agree with this, except that the bamboo tray and snack bowls are a March special, and that's when the new catalog is out.

I always said the chip and dip (and most of the outdoor wear, for that matter) looked like something you could pick up at a dollar store.

And I'm not a fan of the collapsable bowls ... esp. the idea of using it as a chip and dip.

OOH, I LOVE the Collapsible bowls! Especially the chip/dip out of it. Try the small one with a block of cream cheese, the Pineapple Rum Sauce poured over it and served with Wheat Thins or Pretzels. They are GOBBLED up!!!

Large square bowl, since the basket and the large platter are long gone.
Maybe all the white SA pieces. I like them personally, it was a favorite of mine as a customer, and I bought them piece by piece.
Salad chpper ( i always think of it as if i cut my finger with it accidentally it will fall off in 2 separate pieces, kinda like a nightmare. So i do not own it. )
finger guard - ridiculous
Mandoline - i personally never use it (after a few attempt), it's a pain to chop the veggies down to good sizes, i have a free handed one that i do not have to use the slide to make it work, like the older version ( and yes i did cut my finger with it but it's still worth it)
Microplane- i like mine and it's still works well, however i tell those who has arithritis not to get it
Veggie peeler - a customer just had 2 returned and get money back for it, i don't like it, i have a good size hand not too big not too small and its not comfortable, maybe the handle is too far from the blade
Any of the sauces, i get really bad cramps from them
silicone bakeware- don't care for it
stainless and silicone whisks- i tell my customers to get the mix and mash instead (mini whipper is great)
Gave the party sticks to my sister as soon as i got it in the sell-a-thon (took a flight to Europe)
chip and dip- ridiculous

I think that's plenty, however i don't think they all gonna go
I am excited about the new stuff, sinc i had 3000+ in sales in Nov and 2 shows in Dec.

Will probably update colors of twixits, and scoop clip probably should have left with the coffee. Never understood why we kept that when we got rid of the awesome coffee and tea!!!

Zsu said:
Large square bowl, since the basket and the large platter are long gone.
Maybe all the white SA pieces. I like them personally, it was a favorite of mine as a customer, and I bought them piece by piece.
Salad chpper ( i always think of it as if i cut my finger with it accidentally it will fall off in 2 separate pieces, kinda like a nightmare. So i do not own it. )
finger guard - ridiculous
Mandoline - i personally never use it (after a few attempt), it's a pain to chop the veggies down to good sizes, i have a free handed one that i do not have to use the slide to make it work, like the older version ( and yes i did cut my finger with it but it's still worth it)
Microplane- i like mine and it's still works well, however i tell those who has arithritis not to get it
Veggie peeler - a customer just had 2 returned and get money back for it, i don't like it, i have a good size hand not too big not too small and its not comfortable, maybe the handle is too far from the blade
Any of the sauces, i get really bad cramps from them
silicone bakeware- don't care for it
stainless and silicone whisks- i tell my customers to get the mix and mash instead (mini whipper is great)
Gave the party sticks to my sister as soon as i got it in the sell-a-thon (took a flight to Europe)
chip and dip- ridiculous

I think that's plenty, however i don't think they all gonna go
I am excited about the new stuff, sinc i had 3000+ in sales in Nov and 2 shows in Dec.

I can't imagine them getting rid of these 2. Although I've never sold a UM at full price, they are desired as a host special/half-price item. If anything, maybe a redesign to allow a larger food holder opening.

The Salad Choppers are bought by TONS of people who own a DCB, and we all swap ideas of how to use them at a show or incorporate them into a "Dinner in No Time Set". Fajitas, Barbecue Chicken or Shredded Pork Tenderloin, etc. I like to use them anytime some recipe calls for shredded chicken. They are a pain to clean sometimes (things get stuck in the recesses where the blade meets the plastic), and there have been many people-myself included-that did adjustments on them due to the spring coming off. So maybe any improvements on that I could see, but I'd be shocked if they discontinued them.

I had a host getting 2!mandolines, 1 for herself and 1 as a gift. She has returned both, i know because i took it to the post office.
I only listed what i dont care for or have issues with, and i don't think that most of these products will be out. Only a personal opinion.

Threads like this always make me laugh. No matter what the item, the minute someone says something should be discontinued there are 3 or 4 posts saying we should never get rid of that item. The one exception I can remember is the paper napkins.

Zsu said:
I had a host getting 2!mandolines, 1 for herself and 1 as a gift. She has returned both, i know because i took it to the post office.
I only listed what i dont care for or have issues with, and i don't think that most of these products will be out. Only a personal opinion.

raebates said:
Threads like this always make me laugh. No matter what the item, the minute someone says something should be discontinued there are 3 or 4 posts saying we should never get rid of that item. The one exception I can remember is the paper napkins.

So true! Happens every season. :D The fun thing about it is that it helps us to see items through other eyes, different perspective, and possibly get ideas as to how to use things or talk about them at shows (the positive ideas anyway. ; )

Zsu, I hope you didn't think I was coming down on you for suggesting the items you did. :blushing: That wasn't my intent at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on products, and there are so many different opinions on them this time of the year. :)

OH YEAH RAE! What a total waste of time those were. Could not imagine ever justifying the cost when you could get something like 10 packages of 100 for the same price!!! I was actually embarrassed to say we had them! I sell a lot of the Pizza Crust and Roll mix and I sell a lot of the Maple Honey Mustard sauce. It is totally great with ham because there is a smokey flavor to the sauce! In fact, I sold 4 bottles yesterday at a show with 9 orders! I put it out all 4 in bowls with pretzels for people to try. I talked about all 4 but noted that I personally did not like the Peanut Sauce. I sold at least two of each except that one. We very much project our own personal likes and dislikes into out sales numbers so you gotta watch what you say. You simply can NOT sell something you personally do not like. Here is a challenge. Pick one product you really dislike. Then always talk about it at your parties. Never say anything bad about it. Try to use it and watch what happens. I bet you could sell a tree in your back yard to someone if you talk about it the right way! I can say this because when we switched to the safer, much harder to use, stupid piece of crap called an Ultimate Mandolin, I could not sell one even at half price if my life depended on it. But when I decided to embrace it and use it, I STILL THINK IT STINKS, I stated selling them even at full price!

At one of our cluster meetings, we discussed what we could use the sauces for. One of my fellow consultants said that if she had a child who used bad words, she would put the Maple Honey Mustard Sauce in his mouth. Of course we all roared but I too have sold my share of that sauce. I always put them all out for tasting.

When someone asks about something I don't care for I ask if anyone else has it and let them talk it up. If I have to state my opinion I say it's not my favorite thing (and I point out that I have over 300 items to choose as favorite :) but that I know a lot of people who love it and tell them comments I have heard from others.

My husband is allergic to the Maple Honey Mustard Sauce and I don't care for that kind of flavor so I just let them taste it to decide.

pampered1224 said:
OH YEAH RAE! What a total waste of time those were. Could not imagine ever justifying the cost when you could get something like 10 packages of 100 for the same price!!! I was actually embarrassed to say we had them! I sell a lot of the Pizza Crust and Roll mix and I sell a lot of the Maple Honey Mustard sauce. It is totally great with ham because there is a smokey flavor to the sauce! In fact, I sold 4 bottles yesterday at a show with 9 orders! I put it out all 4 in bowls with pretzels for people to try. I talked about all 4 but noted that I personally did not like the Peanut Sauce. I sold at least two of each except that one. We very much project our own personal likes and dislikes into out sales numbers so you gotta watch what you say. You simply can NOT sell something you personally do not like. Here is a challenge. Pick one product you really dislike. Then always talk about it at your parties. Never say anything bad about it. Try to use it and watch what happens. I bet you could sell a tree in your back yard to someone if you talk about it the right way! I can say this because when we switched to the safer, much harder to use, stupid piece of crap called an Ultimate Mandolin, I could not sell one even at half price if my life depended on it. But when I decided to embrace it and use it, I STILL THINK IT STINKS, I stated selling them even at full price!

Here is my thought on the UM. You either love it or you hate it. We have done numerous training in our cluster on the UM just to get people to like. Once you get used to it, it's wonderful!

I like your idea with the sauces, I might have to try that one.

Drink charms, bamboo serving set, drainer,rectangle stone since they don't have the wire rack anymore, finger guard, creative cutters, crown cake pan, herb keeper, chip and dip, outdoor tumblers, party sticks.

Not that I think all of these will be DC, but these are my low to no sellers...

chefsteph07 said:
Drink charms, bamboo serving set, drainer,rectangle stone since they don't have the wire rack anymore, finger guard, creative cutters, crown cake pan, herb keeper, chip and dip, outdoor tumblers, party sticks. Not that I think all of these will be DC, but these are my low to no sellers...
These are things that I even forget are in the catalog!I sell alot of party sticks at Bridal Showers. They seem to be on every brides wish list!I'm thinking that more than flat out discontinuing the rectangle stone...that it will be the next stone to be restyled with handles.

I hope that they do not get rif of the ultimate mndolin i have sold 5 at full price and one at half since i started.

I love my herb keeper! I keep green onions in it, and I never have to buy any. Once you cut them, just put the bottom back in water, and they'll grow back! Just need to trim the roots occasionally and change the water.

ChefBeckyD said:
These are things that I even forget are in the catalog!

I sell alot of party sticks at Bridal Showers. They seem to be on every brides wish list!

I'm thinking that more than flat out discontinuing the rectangle stone...that it will be the next stone to be restyled with handles.

I went through the catalog to find these items, I forget alot of them too!
As for the party sticks, I sold ALOT of them the first season they came out, but I don't know if I sold ANY last season and I personally have never used them although I won't get rid of them. I know it's definitely someone's preference...alot of consultants sell these consistently, I'm just not one of them! LOL

NooraK said:
I love my herb keeper! I keep green onions in it, and I never have to buy any. Once you cut them, just put the bottom back in water, and they'll grow back! Just need to trim the roots occasionally and change the water.

Wait a sec...what do you do? They grow back? I didn't know that! How far down can you cut and have them still grow back?

NooraK said:

Could you give me more details on this...what do you mean once you cut them? Do you not use the green part, and then put that back in the keeper, or what? I'm not picturing this. :eek:

Usually when I use green onions, I use the whole thing - white and green part...so what are you putting back in?

LOL, Amanda - there we go again!

Something I learned here:

This Is Reverb » Food Week: Gourmet on the cheap…

You can cut almost all of the green onion and use it, but instead of throwing the bottom with the roots away, you put it back in the water. You want the piece to be big enough that it's not completely under water, and it'll start growing back.

It's essentially a grass, so cutting it won't cause it to stop growing.

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL, Amanda - there we go again!

NooraK said:
Something I learned here:

This Is Reverb » Food Week: Gourmet on the cheap…

You can cut almost all of the green onion and use it, but instead of throwing the bottom with the roots away, you put it back in the water. You want the piece to be big enough that it's not completely under water, and it'll start growing back.

It's essentially a grass, so cutting it won't cause it to stop growing.

LOL Becky, I know! We must be on the same wavelength this morning. :D

Noora, thanks for the link about the green onions. That's cool that it does that. I use mostly the white parts and move up towards the green for most of my recipes, though, so I'm thinking this might not work as great for me. But I think it's a great idea and maybe I will do this for when I do want the green ends (topping for the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, for example.) This is especially a great idea for that because sometimes the green onions from the store have yucky tops or they are full of dirt/sand debris.

That's cool! I love the green part of green onions!!!But I have to comment on the Vanilla Bean further down the page on that link ... I wonder how many of my old cop friends would spend HOURS testing that to figure out which illegal drug it's supposed to be!!! LOL It sure looks like something illegal. Tee Hee

chefsteph07 said:
I went through the catalog to find these items, I forget alot of them too!
As for the party sticks, I sold ALOT of them the first season they came out, but I don't know if I sold ANY last season and I personally have never used them although I won't get rid of them. I know it's definitely someone's preference...alot of consultants sell these consistently, I'm just not one of them! LOL

One thing I wonder about sometimes is if they wait a while before discontinuing something that isn't selling just to get rid of some of the current inventory. I know the outlet has probably been a great tool for getting rid of discontinued inventory. I just wonder if they wait awhile to try to sell as many at full price before discontinuing it. I could be way off base here, but it's just something my crazy mind thinks about.

pampcheflisa said:
One thing I wonder about sometimes is if they wait a while before discontinuing something that isn't selling just to get rid of some of the current inventory. I know the outlet has probably been a great tool for getting rid of discontinued inventory. I just wonder if they wait awhile to try to sell as many at full price before discontinuing it. I could be way off base here, but it's just something my crazy mind thinks about.

I've wondered that same thing, Lisa. With the napkins for instance...I don't think anyone ever sold any of those, but they kept them in the line for quite a while - maybe just trying to deplete some inventory on them?

I agree with the Outdoor Party Sticks, coffee scoop, and Chip & Dip. I like the Flexible Funnels but never sell them :(

Actually if that were the case with the napkins, I bet they would still be in the catalog! I could not give them away even! I tried at one point but hey, no one wanted them at no cost even! And I think they did show up in the outlet at one point.

Remember the mountains of cake mixes at Conference one year? Talk about not being able to give something away, though I did grab a few. I think I still have half a stack of napkins. They're good for sticking between a stack of small SA pieces.

ChefBeckyD said:
YES!

The Finger Guard

Silicone Crown Cake Pan

I second this. I love love the recipe's in this cook book, but an updated one with the classic braids, rings, etc... would be nice!
Schel

<H2>1. What are some common discontinued items from Pampered Chef?</H2><p>Some common discontinued items from Pampered Chef include the snowmen plates and platter, as well as other seasonal items such as holiday-themed kitchen tools and serving pieces.</p><H2>2. Why do items get discontinued at Pampered Chef?</H2><p>Items at Pampered Chef may be discontinued for a variety of reasons, such as low demand, changes in product design, or the introduction of new and improved items.</p><H2>3. Can I still purchase discontinued items from Pampered Chef?</H2><p>While discontinued items may no longer be available for purchase through Pampered Chef's website or catalog, they may still be found through third-party sellers or online marketplaces.</p><H2>4. Will the snowmen plates and platter definitely be discontinued?</H2><p>While it is likely that the snowmen plates and platter will be discontinued, Pampered Chef does not release official information about their discontinued items until they are no longer available for purchase.</p><H2>5. Are there any other items that may be discontinued soon?</H2><p>Pampered Chef does not typically announce which items will be discontinued in advance, so it is difficult to say for certain which items may be discontinued in the future. However, seasonal items and those with low demand are typically more likely to be discontinued.</p>

1. What are some common discontinued items from Pampered Chef?

Some common discontinued items from Pampered Chef include the snowmen plates and platter, as well as other seasonal items such as holiday-themed kitchen tools and serving pieces.

2. Why do items get discontinued at Pampered Chef?

Items at Pampered Chef may be discontinued for a variety of reasons, such as low demand, changes in product design, or the introduction of new and improved items.

3. Can I still purchase discontinued items from Pampered Chef?

While discontinued items may no longer be available for purchase through Pampered Chef's website or catalog, they may still be found through third-party sellers or online marketplaces.

4. Will the snowmen plates and platter definitely be discontinued?

While it is likely that the snowmen plates and platter will be discontinued, Pampered Chef does not release official information about their discontinued items until they are no longer available for purchase.

5. Are there any other items that may be discontinued soon?

Pampered Chef does not typically announce which items will be discontinued in advance, so it is difficult to say for certain which items may be discontinued in the future. However, seasonal items and those with low demand are typically more likely to be discontinued.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dianevill
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefkristin
  • Jennifer E
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies