• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Guess the Discontinued Items...

it...)I actually *gasp* threw mine away. It was taking up valuable condiment space in my refrigerator door. (good thing I earned it, and didn't have to pay for... it...)
Di_Can_Cook said:
I agree with this, except that the bamboo tray and snack bowls are a March special, and that's when the new catalog is out.

I always said the chip and dip (and most of the outdoor wear, for that matter) looked like something you could pick up at a dollar store.

And I'm not a fan of the collapsable bowls ... esp. the idea of using it as a chip and dip.

I love, love, love, my collapsable bowls. These are used continously throughout the summer for me. We go camping and how awesome are they to bring along for bowl to collapse down for packing when space is an issue! Can't take them away!! Nope no way!
Schel

schel said:
I love, love, love, my collapsable bowls. These are used continously throughout the summer for me. We go camping and how awesome are they to bring along for bowl to collapse down for packing when space is an issue! Can't take them away!! Nope no way!
Schel

We use them for camping too - and that's how I promote them at shows. I often have people purchase all three at the same time. But - camping is HUGE in this area!

They won't take them away ... they recently expanded the line ... but I was just dreaming. The large one (the only one they had at the time) is so big around it won't even fit in my cupboard! (Ditto for the round platter from Simple Additions!)Everyone I presented the Chip and Dip idea says the same thing ... ALLLLL that dip for like, what, 20 chips you can fit in the rim if they're small enough?I hate, loathe and despise anything containing the word "mustard" so I have not been able to recommend for or against the sauce that contains it.

Di_Can_Cook said:
They won't take them away ... they recently expanded the line ... but I was just dreaming. The large one (the only one they had at the time) is so big around it won't even fit in my cupboard! (Ditto for the round platter from Simple Additions!)

Everyone I presented the Chip and Dip idea says the same thing ... ALLLLL that dip for like, what, 20 chips you can fit in the rim if they're small enough?

I hate, loathe and despise anything containing the word "mustard" so I have not been able to recommend for or against the sauce that contains it.

I've never presented it as a chip n dip idea...but I have presented it as (and also used it this way at shows) a great cheeseball and crackers idea! Works great for that.

And who knows - maybe you'd like the Maple Honey Mustard Sauce!:D I say this because I LOVE mustards of all kinds - have at least 4-5 kinds in my fridge right now - and just the smell of that sauce makes me want to gag...and the taste is even more vile.:yuck:

NooraK said:
I love my herb keeper! I keep green onions in it, and I never have to buy any. Once you cut them, just put the bottom back in water, and they'll grow back! Just need to trim the roots occasionally and change the water.

Me too!! I don't like it for herbs...I actually prefer to put mine in baggies with damp paper towels wrapped around them...but it's great for Green onions! They last forever in just a little bit of water.

I would like to see different color collapsible bowls, and a 9x13 Steel Pan with a lid to go with the sheet pans....

ChefBeckyD said:
I've never presented it as a chip n dip idea...but I have presented it as (and also used it this way at shows) a great cheeseball and crackers idea! Works great for that.
I present it as a "man bowl" The dip part hold a cup perfectly and the guy can then put his snacks in the "trough". No need to kill a DH for eating in the living room ;)I have sold a few that way.
schel said:
Schel
I just had a party for a host who wants a couple of the small collapsible bowls for her kids in the car. Just in case someone gets sick. :eek: Great idea!

sherylscooking said:
I would like to see different color collapsible bowls....

OOhh Aaahh! I have to agree... New color..yes!

darlinclem said:
I present it as a "man bowl" The dip part hold a cup perfectly and the guy can then put his snacks in the "trough". No need to kill a DH for eating in the living room ;) !

I have sold a few that way. Great idea!!

I just had a party for a host who wants a couple of the small collapsible bowls for her kids in the car. Just in case someone gets sick. :eek: Great idea![/QUOTE said:
Kind of expensive puke bowl! Also who wants to clean that up! Use a ziplock! Throw it away when they are done!
Yuk! :yuck:

Originally Posted by ChefBeckyD View Post

I present it as a "man bowl" The dip part hold a cup perfectly and the guy can then put his snacks in the "trough". No need to kill a DH for eating in the living room

I have sold a few that way.

I think they're talking about the Collapsible Bowl, and you're talking about the Chip and Dip.

A friend suggested the Chip and Dip for anyone who is single. Popcorn in the large part, soda fits in the dip section. I've also sold several as a snack or meal tray for kids.

Last edited:
And who knows - maybe you'd like the Maple Honey Mustard Sauce! I say this because I LOVE mustards of all kinds - have at least 4-5 kinds in my fridge right now - and just the smell of that sauce makes me want to gag...and the taste is even more vile.
:yuck:MUSTARD? Yuck! Tooey! :yuck: I've been know to throw away burgers with mustard! I can only tolerate it if it's used in a recipe in very small amounts, like baked beans.Nice thought on the chip and dip for singles, Rae ... but don't you know we eat our popcorn out of the bag?:p

sherylscooking said:
I would like to see different color collapsible bowls.

Hoping they do pink collapsible bowls for HWC.

ChefBeckyD said:
That's great about the Chip n Dip plate....(but we were talking about the collapsible bowl with that one...;);))

Yeah, I know. But the chip and dip works better for the men and the collapsible for woman LOL

darlinclem said:
I present it as a "man bowl" The dip part hold a cup perfectly and the guy can then put his snacks in the "trough". No need to kill a DH for eating in the living room ;)

I have sold a few that way.

This is exactly what my DH thought when I showed him the Chip & Dip plate the first time I opened the box. He asked if he could use it for that & said I should market it to men that way. :D

lol I've never even glanced twice at the Chip and Dip until now!!

Becca_in_MD said:
Hoping they do pink collapsible bowls for HWC.

I think that's the cutest idea I've heard! That would be too cool!!!!!

Did anyone get an e-mail this morning notifying them of the discountinued items to alert your wedding registrants? I did...both quick-stir pitchers, the basting brush and the BBQ basting brush?!?! WHAT?! I'm hoping these will just be redesigned...but discontinued?!

They're always listed as discontinued even if they're just re-styled. There was a thread here earlier...

mrshamel3808 said:
Did anyone get an e-mail this morning notifying them of the discountinued items to alert your wedding registrants? I did...both quick-stir pitchers, the basting brush and the BBQ basting brush?!?! WHAT?! I'm hoping these will just be redesigned...but discontinued?!

I got an e-mail today, too...family size QS pitcher. I'm thinking re-style 'cause they're just so darned popular here in the South...They're called "tea pitchers" b/c they make sweet tea in them.

Mine said both QS pitchers. I was hoping that was the case (restyled, not discontinued) but wasn't entirely sure.

Chefstover2 said:
I got an e-mail today, too...family size QS pitcher. I'm thinking re-style 'cause they're just so darned popular here in the South...They're called "tea pitchers" b/c they make sweet tea in them.

I wouldn't expect the QS to be discontinued. Think about the last season change...they showed all of those "discontinued" items...but I don't think ANY of them went away, they were just restyled. But folks "push" it as discontinued (a play on words that would irritate me as a customer if I bought something thinking it was going away only to find that they made it better! *potentially*)

Same with the Basting Brush- probably be silicone?

Yeah, it was only worded as discontinued in the e-mail to me, not to my wedding registrants. I'll probably check if it's even on their registries and then let them know that at the changeover date I'll remind them to go on and check if they want to re-register for the restyled item. I'd just do it myself but who knows...they may not like the restyled one!

Trust me, they will like the restyled one... :)

<H2>1. What are some common discontinued items from Pampered Chef?</H2><p>Some common discontinued items from Pampered Chef include the snowmen plates and platter, as well as other seasonal items such as holiday-themed kitchen tools and serving pieces.</p><H2>2. Why do items get discontinued at Pampered Chef?</H2><p>Items at Pampered Chef may be discontinued for a variety of reasons, such as low demand, changes in product design, or the introduction of new and improved items.</p><H2>3. Can I still purchase discontinued items from Pampered Chef?</H2><p>While discontinued items may no longer be available for purchase through Pampered Chef's website or catalog, they may still be found through third-party sellers or online marketplaces.</p><H2>4. Will the snowmen plates and platter definitely be discontinued?</H2><p>While it is likely that the snowmen plates and platter will be discontinued, Pampered Chef does not release official information about their discontinued items until they are no longer available for purchase.</p><H2>5. Are there any other items that may be discontinued soon?</H2><p>Pampered Chef does not typically announce which items will be discontinued in advance, so it is difficult to say for certain which items may be discontinued in the future. However, seasonal items and those with low demand are typically more likely to be discontinued.</p>

1. What are some common discontinued items from Pampered Chef?

Some common discontinued items from Pampered Chef include the snowmen plates and platter, as well as other seasonal items such as holiday-themed kitchen tools and serving pieces.

2. Why do items get discontinued at Pampered Chef?

Items at Pampered Chef may be discontinued for a variety of reasons, such as low demand, changes in product design, or the introduction of new and improved items.

3. Can I still purchase discontinued items from Pampered Chef?

While discontinued items may no longer be available for purchase through Pampered Chef's website or catalog, they may still be found through third-party sellers or online marketplaces.

4. Will the snowmen plates and platter definitely be discontinued?

While it is likely that the snowmen plates and platter will be discontinued, Pampered Chef does not release official information about their discontinued items until they are no longer available for purchase.

5. Are there any other items that may be discontinued soon?

Pampered Chef does not typically announce which items will be discontinued in advance, so it is difficult to say for certain which items may be discontinued in the future. However, seasonal items and those with low demand are typically more likely to be discontinued.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dianevill
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefkristin
  • Jennifer E
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies