• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Items You're Secretly Wishing Will Be Discontinued?

In summary, the dessert plates and stencil set should go, the silicone mit should go, the lift and serve is stupid, and the ICSM needs to go.
dianevill
Gold Member
Come on, Ladies and Gents!

You know that with the onslaught of new products this fall, there are going to be some items that will be discontinued (well, we already know the Gen II and color products will be gone). Any others you're secretly, or not so secretly, hoping will be discontinued?

For me, I think the dessert plates and cake stencil set should say goodbye. When guests see the price of the dessert plates, I've gotten responses similar to: "If they charge this much for these plates, how much are we over-paying for all the other items?" And I think the cake stencil set is just silly:D .

What items do you think will disappear?

Diane

I second the dessert plates & stencils, I would also like to see them get rid of the silicone mitt. I have burnt my hands twice on it and refuse to sell it at my shows.I have used it to check something, it warms a little then when I go to take the dish out and hold for more than 5 secs. my hands start to burn. I don't want anyone to burn themselves. It plain sucks!

I think the lift and serve is just stupid! I don't mind selling them, but why would anyone pay $20 for that??? I have only sold one in the 2 years I have been doing this!!

pamperedalf said:
I second the dessert plates & stencils, I would also like to see them get rid of the silicone mitt. I have burnt my hands twice on it and refuse to sell it at my shows.

I have used it to check something, it warms a little then when I go to take the dish out and hold for more than 5 secs. my hands start to burn. I don't want anyone to burn themselves. It plain sucks!

I SO AGREE!!! I had to buy extra oven mitts and oven pads back in Feb. when they were discoutinued (for myself and for gifts).. Everyone that I know wishes those would come back.. We can hope.. right:D

I'm afraid I don't understand the point of the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker. People weren't really that impressed with them last month when they were the guest special. How hard is it for people to take a couple of cookies and some ice cream and make their own sandwich?;)

dessert plates for sure... also the ice cream sandwich maker.
both for the reasons mentioned above.

I'd like to say goodbye to the dessert plates, the red silicone mit and the new SA stands (I hate them and haven't sold one...whereas I used to sell tons of the old ones) - I wouldlike to see them bring back the oven mitts and the old styled SA stands.

I agree about the ICSM that needs to go. I do like the cookie press, but I have gotten a lot of complaints about it from guests at my shows who bought one from previous shows. So I wish they would redesign it or stop selling it.

I don't care for the silicone mit or the stencils. I prefer the other mit as well. Although mine is always dirty so I never take it to my shows! I'd like to see more SA pieces in color! I love the plain white, but feel that I'd sell more if they were offered in different solid colors.

gilliandanielle said:
I think the lift and serve is just stupid! I don't mind selling them, but why would anyone pay $20 for that??? I have only sold one in the 2 years I have been doing this!!

I have to disagree with this one. I use mine, not every day, but a couple of times a month, and I think it's invaluable. If you are transfering a ring or a pizze for a different display, it makes life much easier. I have sold many of these. I think, too, that sales have a lot to do with how much WE (as consultants) like them. At some of my largest shows, I haven't sold one piece of stoneware. But I sell the SAs, and I sell a ton of tools. I love the stoneware, but I'm passionate about these particular pieces, and it shows in my sales.

Chef Michelle D said:
I agree about the ICSM that needs to go. I do like the cookie press, but I have gotten a lot of complaints about it from guests at my shows who bought one from previous shows. So I wish they would redesign it or stop selling it.

Cookie Press problems are almost always "Operator Error". I'm planning a fall "Cookie Making" Seminar for my customers where we are going to go over different cookie making processes, including the Cookie Press. I plan on borrowing many of these from fellow consultants and having every customer who has one bring their own. I've gotten a lot of interest in this when I mention it at shows.

I must agree with the Red Silicone Mitt issues. I was so excited when it came out, but after I used it a few times, I won't take it to shows, and when a customer asks me about it, I tell them the truth. The pads are great, but the mitt...not so much! Hate those hot spots!

The stands...well, I don't particularly care for them, but they are pretty, and I do sell quite a bit of those. I would like for them to bring back the black and keep the stainless so customers have the option. They both fit needs and wants, just different ones!

Dessert plates are useless as far as I am concerned. I couldn't even sell them when they were a host special!

The basket liner...we are not a basket company!

The oil...it's great and I love to use it, but I can't justify spending more than a dollar an ounce. When my bottle is gone, I probably won't get more. But I will spend more than $3 an ounce for the vanilla! Go figure :rolleyes:

What do I want to see?

1. More Gift Sets...I sold a ton of those when they had more selection.
  2. A separate "Table for Two" cookbook...it's hard to sell the entire cookbook to someone who just wants that section.
  3. Solid color SA pieces.
  4. More cooking utensils in silicone.
  5. More gadets and gizmoes (otherwise known as TOOLS!)

Boy, I sure rambled...thanks for "listening"!

Last edited:
I sell a ton of the 3 tiered stand so I hope they don't do away with those...Each month I have at least one host that wants to get one of these at half-price!!! I never sold any when they were black.

I wouldn't mind the cake stencils, dessert plates, scalloped bread tube, and ICSM to be discontinued...I would not like them to discontinue the caual cooking but just change the recipes in there that call for items we don't have anymore!!!

I agree with a lot of thethings you all would like discontinued, the ICSM, mitt, etc. Anyway what I would really like is if we got some of the silicone cookware. I have had people ask if we have that stuff and since we don't they don't want anything. :( I was given some of it bought at Wal-Mart. I wasn't overly impressed but I think PC could come up with a better verison.

I like the oil... we put it over noodles and the kids eat it olike crazy... I could, however, do without the vanilla :) I don't dislike it, I just don't sell any and I use it at most shows... and I try to explain the benefits.

No offfense, but I can't stand the silicone baking things... they seem unnatural. and, if people are freaking out about "teflon" then they will really freak over that stuff. THere's all kinds of emails going around plastics and the danger of microwaving/cooking in them... (course I don't know if silicone is condisered plastic) ;)

I would love to see them get rid of or change the measuring spoons. I and a few of my customers, don't like the fact that they slide. No matter how well you hold them, we all still seem to have problems with liquid sliding around. Also, I use them when baking and when you go from adding vanilla to salt for example (wet to dry, or vice versa) you have to rinse them off each and every time. I like the individual spoons, and actually don't even use ours much!

I don't have the silicone oven mit, but I do miss the old oven mit. I liked that it came up almost to my elbow!

The ICSM isn't too bad I don't think. It does make less of a mess using that instead of trying to get it all put together. I've actually used the bottom part to press perfect hamburger and crab cake patties! I'm always trying to find new uses for things....

I totally agree with all of you about the silicone mitts. I haven't sold any and the people that look at them don't care for them either. I do like the SA stands but I would like to see more of the solid colors for the plates and bowls.

I want the old SA stuff back!!I really do not like the new SA stands. I loved the old black iron look. I have a few of each since I knew they would be discontinued. I love them.

I do love the new cups, the round look is so pretty. I didn't like square cups!

Hate the ice cream sandwich maker. It's way too expensive!! It's tiny!!

Would love to see more cookbooks and recipe cards.

I'm not too crazy about the oil dipping set!

Would love to see cutting boards in color (red, blue, etc)!! Not just the small one!!

I want to see the garlic press in white to match the citrus press.

Oven mitt is dumb!

I would like a new tool turn about with color!! Different design!

There's my input!! :D :D :D
Debbie

I would like....To see the Egg Slicer Plus revamped. I think the way it is made right now is cheap and flimsly. The wires bend way to easy. And when I was a co-workers party that my recruiter was the consultant at, she was using hers for strawberries and it just busted. (Thank goodness the guests were regulars and not really paying attention) I like the uses for it but it should be sturdier. Just my 2 cents.

We need more gift sets!!
Especially in promoting a wedding registry--it just makes sense--they arrive nicely packaged
:D

I would like to see the colored cutting board and knife combo. Maybe the large cutting board in color... I would love to see a new lite cooking cookbook as I LOVE the its good for you cookbook. I would love to see some new spices. I would love a new color in stoneware too. There are several things I don't sell much of but I'm sure its because I don't have so I people don't see it at my shows.

I would like to see the dessert plates discontinued, my jaw dropped when I saw the price, I don't want to know what some of my customers are thinking when they already think some of the stuff is overpriced (even though I try to explain the benefits!). I like the basket liner, but only because I earned it free! I would never pay almost $20 for it!. I could also do away with the ICSM and the Cake Stencils and they are overpriced and not well made (no offense).

I second the getting more sets, in different price ranges. I would also like to see more things for kids; imagine the shows that we could do with things tailored for kids (kids size scrapers, kid size outdoor party plates (too big for little hands), etc...). I know I loved getting cooking stuff as a kid, it would be great to come out with more for the holiday selling season!

I think that silicone oven mitt looks like it has a flarin' STD!!

gilliandanielle said:
I think that silicone oven mitt looks like it has a flarin' STD!!

:eek: HA HA HA!!! I had to read that twice...

I don't like..I hate the silicone mitt as well, I find it difficult to take the oval baker out of the oven, especially when its full with hot broccoli dip...I thought I was going to drop it, its too ackward. I also don't like the feel of the microfiber towels, they catch on your dry skin and feels weird...

I don't like the silicone oven mitt either, but I have sold a lot. I don't like the pie crust thing, it doesn't fit our stones well and feels like a peice of crap! I never liked the dessert plates, and I never liked the mini fluted stone (don't know how I ended up with 2)!

soonerchef said:
and I never liked the mini fluted stone (don't know how I ended up with 2)!

Oooooh - my mom has a ton of mini-fluted recipes -- she uses her ALL the time making pumpkin cakes in teh fall and pointsettias in the winter. Lemme see if I can get some recipes from her!

I know this is crazy, but I honestly wish we would redesign the Ultimate Slice and Grate. It is an incredibly dangerous tool that has taken me months to develop a comfort level with. I just hate the idea that I have customers out there using it without the food holder. It is a bad design, if you ask me. And if the food holder doesn't work easily, you know it is going to get left on the counter.

I severely injured myself with a slicer like ours. 11 stitches in my pinky... and a huge scar to show for it.

Last month, I was taking the v-blade out of the holder. It was tight, so I gave it a little tug and slipped. I cut a big slice in my thumb, which would not stop bleeding. Finally, I wrapped it with bandaids and put on a glove and did the whole show with the thumb of the glove filling with blood. Didn't sell any that night, I tell you.

I use the USG at most of my shows lately, for the salads, and I spend the whole time teaching them the proper use for it, in case anyone wants to buy it. But boy I don't feel it is a safe tool.

I'd like to see the US&G redesigned myself! I RARELY use the holder! I KNOW I KNOW!! Don't lecture me please, but I just can't get the hang of using the food holder!

I just sold a US&G to a friend. I told her several times...."always use the food holder. I have sliced my hand several times changing blades. I hear a lot of people have cut themselves..blah, blah, blay....Anyway, I gave it to her Monday and last night she calls to say she cut the end of her finger off and it wouldn't stop bleeding. She did not use the food holder. I don't know how else it could be designed. Every one I have ever seen has that same design.

I would like to see the dessert plates, stencils, and icsm all go. I love the basket liner, but think it is too expensive. I am not sold on the oil because it is too expensive also. The vanilla is expensive, but it is double strength, so that helps. I love pure vanilla. Has anyone compared it to other pure vanillas? I love the SA stands. They look beautiful on a buffet. The dessert plates are pretty, but very expensive. There are 5 of us, so mine are just sitting in the hutch collecting dust. I didn't want to spend that much on another set so I would have enough for the whole family. I can't wait to see what the new products are. With 800.00 plus in retail cost, they must be discontinuing several pieces to make room for them.

Lately, I seem to have at least one customer say they cut themselves using the US&G. Of course, they say it's their own fault for not using it correctly. I've actually sold a few b/c of this. Other guests ask how to use it & I show them the correct way. Even the guests who were cut with it say how great it is-you just have to use it correctly!

I LOVE the Stoneware, so I'd like to see more Stoneware. I'd like to see more products for entertaining too. Many guests have commented on woven pieces for the bar pans. I like the dessert plates-they are just too expensive for only 4 of them. I haven't even used mine yet. I thought I wouldn't like the striped SA last fall, but I do. I'd like for them to offer more choices of the striped, and to do some open stock of the solids. Lots of people want to have two cranberry or whatever color bowls in their SA stand. People like the coffee & more cups but think they are too big for coffee. I'd love to see more cookbooks-for two people, 30 minute meals, 5 ingredients or less. I'd LOVE colored cutting boards-not just bar boards. People think the creative cutters are too small. I have NO idea what new things they might be coming out with for over $850-actually $900 when you add in the $70 item from the cluster challenge.

definatly the dessrt plates. There are oiverpriced. I personally hate the cookie press. The dough just oozzes out. I am glad th e sriped SA are leaving the colors have turned people away from them.
I do want more colored objects like cutting boards though.

I have had the opposite reaction....
amya said:
I'm afraid I don't understand the point of the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker. People weren't really that impressed with them last month when they were the guest special. How hard is it for people to take a couple of cookies and some ice cream and make their own sandwich?;)

I had a lot of people buy the $60 in product to get it for FREE. I have even sold a few of them. I tell people they are great for making perfectly round burgers as well.

Related to Any Items You're Secretly Wishing Will Be Discontinued?

1) Why do you think certain items will be discontinued?

The decision to discontinue a product is typically based on market demand and profitability. Companies may choose to discontinue products that are not selling well or are not generating enough profit.

2) How can I find out which items will be discontinued?

Companies may announce discontinuations through their website, social media, or email newsletters. Retailers may also have information on discontinued products, as they will need to clear out their inventory.

3) Can customers influence which items will be discontinued?

Yes, customer feedback and purchasing patterns can play a role in a company's decision to discontinue a product. If a product is consistently receiving negative reviews or has low sales, it may be more likely to be discontinued.

4) Are there any specific items that you think will be discontinued?

While it is impossible to predict with certainty, some items that may be at risk of being discontinued include those with low sales, high production costs, or that have been on the market for a long time without any updates or changes.

5) Can the discontinuation of a product be reversed?

In some cases, a company may bring back a discontinued product if there is enough demand or if they are able to make changes to improve its profitability. However, this is not always the case and once a product is discontinued, it is likely to be gone for good.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jbondr
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
jbondr
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcmckay