• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Eat Cookbook - What Ya Think?

In summary, Debbie is offering her homeschool cooking classes at her house. She is also offering the classes for an hour on Saturday mornings and for an hour on Wednesday afternoons.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Anyone tried any of the recipes?Do you like the cookbook, or more importantly, I should ask do your kids like any of the recipes?

I have a almost 3 yr old myself and am contemplating getting it.

But wanted to ask as many customers as me about it, and I don't know personally..

I have the cookbook but have not made anything from it yet. It has some cute recipes that I would like to try with the kids.

I like the double decker quesadillas. I made it tonight with big tomato basil olive oil tortillas and served it with lettuce, tomato and homemade guacamole and sour cream. Really good. I did that same recipe with a group of Brownies to help the earn the Make It Eat It tryit.

I have it and its really cute but I haven't made anything from it either.

My daughters have informed me that it's not my cookbook; it's theirs'! We've made several recipes out of it; they're easy enough for kids to do most of the work:) I would recommend it if you have kids!

I have a person who is considering purchasing this cookbook, but wanted to know what some of the reipes are. I don't have this cookbook so I could not provide her with any first hand info....

Can anyone list a few of the recipes in this book?

Thanks!

Love It!!!Well I had a homeschool cooking class and plan to start up another one in January. We tried lots of these recipes and my kids love them.

Here are some we have tried:

PB & J Waffle-wiches

Kid's club stacker

Tic - tac - Toe Pizza

Fluffy Peanut butter dip

Tutti Frutti Smoothies

Mini Burger bites

Super stuffed spuds (I love this)

Easy Campfire chili

Barbecue chicken burritos

Mouse in the house cupcakes

Mini Dessert Pizzas

Banana split parfaits

Honey bear snack mix

Sorry I don't have time to post the actual recipes right now. It's lunch time now and my kids are starting to stare at me like I'm a giant hot dog!! LOL
I better go. But we love this cookbook. My kids inform me we will make all the recipes by December 31st!!

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
Well I had a homeschool cooking class and plan to start up another one in January. We tried lots of these recipes and my kids love them.

Here are some we have tried:

PB & J Waffle-wiches**

Kid's club stacker

Tic - tac - Toe Pizza**

Fluffy Peanut butter dip**

Tutti Frutti Smoothies**

Mini Burger bites

Super stuffed spuds (I love this)

Easy Campfire chili

Barbecue chicken burritos**

Mouse in the house cupcakes

Mini Dessert Pizzas**

Banana split parfaits

Honey bear snack mix**

Sorry I don't have time to post the actual recipes right now. It's lunch time now and my kids are starting to stare at me like I'm a giant hot dog!! LOL
I better go. But we love this cookbook. My kids inform me we will make all the recipes by December 31st!!

I put stars next to the ones we have tried. My son is 3, and loves to help in the kitchen. I usually find this cookbook in amongst his reading material. He loves to look at the pictures, and will come to me and say "can we make this Mommy?"

I also just had a host who's son is 17, but with the mental capacity of a 6-7 yr old. He likes to help her in the kitchen also, and she bought this cookbook for them to use together. She also bought one for his teacher at school to use.:thumbup:

This helps tremendously.

I wanted to give her an idea of what was in the book. The great feedback will help sell the cookbook, too!

Thanks!

Debbie- How do your homeschool classes go? I was considering contacting my local homeschool group to do classes for them also.
(Hi, everyone! I'm new here. There are no consultants near me so I decided that you will be my cluster!!!!)

Fun
Spatch said:
Debbie- How do your homeschool classes go? I was considering contacting my local homeschool group to do classes for them also.
(Hi, everyone! I'm new here. There are no consultants near me so I decided that you will be my cluster!!!!)

I tried homeschool cooking classes last year for the first time. Not necessarily to rake in the dough (sorry for the pun :rolleyes: ) but to have some kids from our homeschool group and church here to bake and cook with my kids. It was fun. We did the class for two hours, every other week. I had so many kids I had to have two classes per every other week (Monday and Thursday 1pm - 3 pm). This year I am doing something different. I am attempting not to lose money but to make a profit. A local homeschool bookstore has let me advertise in their monthly newsletter and leave flyers at their business. Plus the kids I had last time are looking forward to another set of classes with me and my kiddos.
Here is the flyer if you want to use it. Feel free to change or add anything you want. Also with the fee each month I am able to submit it as a show.
Each month each child gets a special tool to keep. One month will be the Decorator Bottle Set, another month maybe the small spreader, and small spatula, I haven't really decided yet.

Attachments

• KIDS PAMPERED CHEF CLASS.doc
    94.5 KB · Views: 343
Wow, I must be the only person that's not crazy about this cookbook. For your kiddos under 5 this is a great cookbook. However, for older kids (like my boys ages 10 and 9) they weren't digging on this cookbook. We bought the Emeril Kid's cookbook. VERY nice. He explains different cooking techniques and has simple easy to follow instructions. We also have another kid's cookbook, but I cannot remember now who it is from. They kids have used that one ALOT. This summer they made breakfast and were in charge of 1 meal a week. They really liked it. I made them create a budget and shopping list first. Then we went to the grocery store and they bought the stuff. We are just a little too busy during the school year to continue, but it works in the summer.

BTW, Chik fil A was including little cookbooks in the kid's meals. If you can get your hands on one of those THAT BOOK is a keeper. It is only about 10 pages long, but really great recipes, like scones and stuff.

Chef Kearns said:
Wow, I must be the only person that's not crazy about this cookbook. For your kiddos under 5 this is a great cookbook. However, for older kids (like my boys ages 10 and 9) they weren't digging on this cookbook. We bought the Emeril Kid's cookbook. VERY nice. He explains different cooking techniques and has simple easy to follow instructions. We also have another kid's cookbook, but I cannot remember now who it is from. They kids have used that one ALOT. This summer they made breakfast and were in charge of 1 meal a week. They really liked it. I made them create a budget and shopping list first. Then we went to the grocery store and they bought the stuff. We are just a little too busy during the school year to continue, but it works in the summer.

BTW, Chik fil A was including little cookbooks in the kid's meals. If you can get your hands on one of those THAT BOOK is a keeper. It is only about 10 pages long, but really great recipes, like scones and stuff.

She was asking because she has a 3 yr old......and so I think that was how we were responding......somehow, I don't see my 3 yr old being able to follow an Emeril Cookbook yet!;) (and I definitely wouldn't put him in charge of a meal or a menu.....the other day he wanted to make "chocolate chip soup" for Dinner!:yuck: ) But this cookbook is one he LOVES!:love:

Cool
Chef Kearns said:

I love Chick Fil A, so this is a good excuse to make my way over there for a few cookbooks and a chicken sandwich!! :p

My oldest son is 11 and my daughter is 10 and they love this cookbook. So it just depends on the kids I guess. My daughter helps me in the kitchen all the time with Food Network recipes and since I own a large collection of cookbooks, she is able to pick out recipes and ask if we can make them. She understands more than most her age. I can't wait for the day when I hear these wonderful words come out of her mouth:
"Don't worry mom, I'll make dinner tonight!!" :love:
My three year old loves it too but she isn't allowed to do anything except stir, or pour in whatever their older siblings tell her to. My two year old is allowed to lick the spoon after they are done. LOL I also own the older kids in the kitchen cookbook which they like also.

I use this ckbk to market kids' shows. I've not had one under $400 yet. I have all the adults bring their kids and their neighbor's kids and the adults get to watch/ help the kids with their own demo. From the ones I've done, the Mouse in the House cupcakes and the S'mores things tend to be a favorite among the kids.... and my 3 yr old. I love to do these recipes at daycares and home school group get-togethers. They're so much fun!!

Personally...I think its a GREAT Cook Book, I just wish I had kids to play with....:(

ChefBeckyD said:
She was asking because she has a 3 yr old......and so I think that was how we were responding......somehow, I don't see my 3 yr old being able to follow an Emeril Cookbook yet!;) (and I definitely wouldn't put him in charge of a meal or a menu.....the other day he wanted to make "chocolate chip soup" for Dinner!:yuck: ) But this cookbook is one he LOVES!:love:

I have a 4 year old and a 16 mos old (girls), also. My 4 year old doesn't really care for the PC ckbk either. She says it's not real food. Whatever that means :rolleyes: . I am just a little disappointed with this cookbook. I think they could've done something a little more realistic. I'm not sure if you're following me, but it doesn't matter all of you like this book. So that's great!

Related to Let's Eat Cookbook - What Ya Think?

1. How many recipes are included in the "Let's Eat Cookbook - What Ya Think?"

The "Let's Eat Cookbook - What Ya Think?" includes over 100 delicious and easy-to-follow recipes for every meal of the day.

2. Are the recipes in the cookbook suitable for all dietary restrictions?

Yes, the "Let's Eat Cookbook - What Ya Think?" includes a wide variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options.

3. Can I find recipes for specific kitchen tools in the cookbook?

Absolutely! The "Let's Eat Cookbook - What Ya Think?" features recipes that utilize various Pampered Chef kitchen tools, making meal prep and cooking even easier.

4. Are there any tips or tricks included in the cookbook?

Yes, each recipe in the "Let's Eat Cookbook - What Ya Think?" comes with helpful tips and tricks to make cooking and preparing meals a breeze.

5. Is the cookbook suitable for beginner cooks?

Definitely! The "Let's Eat Cookbook - What Ya Think?" is designed for all skill levels, with easy-to-follow instructions and simple ingredients for even the most novice cooks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mountainmover
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mountainmover
  • morganfish
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JaimeQ
  • Bren706