• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Cake Mix Works Best for Lemon Glazed Cake: Yellow, Lemon, or Poppy Seed?

In summary, for the Spring Preview party, the speaker plans to make a full-sized fluted version of a recommended recipe. They are wondering if they should use yellow cake mix, lemon cake mix, or poppy seed mix for the best flavor. The speaker has only made the recipe with Jiffy mix and advises against making more or less than 6 at a time. They also recommend baking in the oven instead of the microwave. The speaker has made both yellow and lemon cake versions and both were a hit, but for a more intense lemon flavor, they suggest using lemon cake mix. The poppy seed version is also a good option. In the end, the choice depends on personal preference and the preferences of the guests.
heat123
Silver Member
I plan to make this for one of my recipes for my Spring Preview party in the full size fluted version- thanks to Kelly's recommendation-tips!:chef:

I was wondering though, for those who have made them, if you do them again will you use the yellow cake mix, or would you use lemon cake or would poppy seed (kind of lemony in flavor -as I recall) work? Just want to make sure everyone enjoys this!:love:

TIA!

I've only made them with the Jiffy mix. My advice is to make sure that you don't try to make more or less than 6 at a time. We put 8 in at one time and they took forever to cook all the way through then we put 2 in and they were way over cooked. So if you use more or less than 6 just know that the times will change drastically.

I did mine in the oven b/c when made in the microwave they seemed to be spongy...

Well I will be doing the Full version size in the fluted pan, so I won't have to worry about 6+ prep bowls and cooking time ;).

Yes the micro cakes do tend to come out "spongy" looking, all of them I have done so far!

Hi there! Thank you for considering one of our recipes for your Spring Preview party. I personally love the fluted version and have made it with both yellow cake mix and lemon cake mix. Both versions were a hit with my guests, but if you want a more intense lemon flavor, I would recommend using the lemon cake mix. The poppy seed version also sounds delicious and I'm sure it would be a great option as well. Ultimately, it depends on your personal preference and the preference of your guests. I hope everyone enjoys whichever version you decide to make! Happy cooking! :chef:

1. What is the best type of cake to use for a lemon glazed cake?

The best type of cake to use for a lemon glazed cake is a simple vanilla or yellow cake. The light and airy texture of these cakes pairs well with the tangy lemon glaze.

2. Can I substitute lemon extract for fresh lemon juice in the glaze?

While you can use lemon extract in place of fresh lemon juice, the flavor will not be as bright and fresh. We recommend using fresh lemon juice for the best results.

3. How can I make the lemon glaze thicker or thinner?

If you prefer a thicker glaze, simply add more powdered sugar to the mixture. For a thinner glaze, add a small amount of water or lemon juice. Be sure to adjust the other ingredients accordingly to maintain the desired flavor.

4. How far in advance can I make the lemon glazed cake?

The lemon glazed cake can be made up to two days in advance. Store it in an airtight container at room temperature. If you want to make it further in advance, you can freeze the cake and add the glaze once it has thawed.

5. Can I add other flavors to the lemon glaze?

Yes, you can add other flavors to the lemon glaze such as vanilla extract or almond extract. You can also add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor. Just be sure to adjust the amount of lemon juice accordingly to maintain the desired consistency.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• redsoxgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
redsoxgirl
  • chefshawna
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DeeDee616
  • kam