• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lemon Bar Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens Binder Cookbook

In summary, to make the Lemon Bar Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens Binder Cookbook, you will need 1 cup of butter, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 4 eggs, 2 cups of granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons of finely shredded lemon peel, 1/3 cup of lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. The crust can be made by combining 1/2 cup of softened butter, 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, and 1 cup of all-purpose flour, pressing the mixture into a greased baking pan, and baking at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. You can use bottled lemon juice instead of freshly squeezed,
flemings99
Gold Member
Here's my lemon bar recipe. Haven't made the PC one. This is from Better Homes & Gardens checked binder cookbook.

1/3 c butter
1 c sugar
1 c flour
2 eggs
2 tbs flour
2 tsp finely shredded lemon peel (1 lemon works for both of these)
3 tbs lemon juice
1/4 tsp baking powder
powdered sugar

Beat Margarine with an electric mixer on med to high speed for 30 sec. Add 1/4 c of sugar. Beat till combined. Beat in 1 c flour till crumbly. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 8x8x2 baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-19 min. or just till golden.

Meanwhile, combine eggs, the remaining sugar, 2 tbs flour, lemon peel, juice and baking powder. Beat for 2 min or till thoroughly combined. Pour over hot baked layer.

Bake 350 for 20 min or till lightly browned around the edges and center is set. Cool on wire rack. If desired, sift powdered sugar over top. Cut into bars. Makes 20.

**Works nicely in our square baking pan & if doubled fits in large bar pan. We've made several batches already this summer---a favorite.

Not a PC recipe but could do it at a show. I used lots of PC tools to make it. Citrus press, microplane, and so on. If I did it at a show, I'd prebake the crust to save on time.

ENJOY!

Thanks for sharing your lemon bar recipe! I haven't tried the PC version either, but this one looks delicious. I love the addition of lemon peel for extra flavor. I'll have to give it a try and maybe use some of my PC tools too. Thanks for the tip on pre-baking the crust for a quicker show demonstration. Can't wait to try these out!

Hello! Thank you for sharing your lemon bar recipe from the Better Homes & Gardens binder cookbook. It sounds delicious! I love that you have adapted it to fit in our square baking pan and even doubled it to fit in the large bar pan. It's great that you have already made several batches this summer, it must be a crowd favorite! I also appreciate that you have thought about using our PC tools to make this recipe, such as the citrus press and microplane. That's a great idea to prebake the crust if you were to make it at a show, it would definitely save on time. Thank you again for sharing this delicious recipe! Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Lemon Bar Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens Binder Cookbook?

The ingredients you will need are: 1 cup of butter, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 4 eggs, 2 cups of granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons of finely shredded lemon peel, 1/3 cup of lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.

2. How do I make the crust for the Lemon Bar Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens Binder Cookbook?

To make the crust, you will need to combine 1/2 cup of softened butter, 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, and 1 cup of all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl. Using a fork or pastry blender, mix until the ingredients are well combined and form a crumbly mixture. Press the mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

3. Can I use bottled lemon juice instead of freshly squeezed for the Lemon Bar Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens Binder Cookbook?

While using freshly squeezed lemon juice is recommended for the best flavor, you can substitute bottled lemon juice if necessary. Just be sure to use the same amount called for in the recipe.

4. How do I know when the lemon bars are done baking?

The lemon bars are done when the edges are lightly golden and the center is set. You can also do a toothpick test by inserting a toothpick into the center of the bars - if it comes out clean, they are done. Be careful not to overbake, as this can result in a tougher crust and less creamy filling.

5. Can I make the Lemon Bar Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens Binder Cookbook ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the lemon bars ahead of time. They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Just be sure to let them come to room temperature before serving for the best texture and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rkcreations
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rkcreations
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC