• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lemon Bar Recipe: Homemade & Delicious!

In summary, here is a recipe for delicious lemon bars with a flour crust, lemon filling, and powdered sugar topping that your DH will surely love.
basketmom2
Hi, I am looking for a lemon bar recipe. I know it has a flour crust, lemon filling and then another type of crust over the filling followed with powdered sugar. Can anyone please help me? My DH loves these at a restaurant!:)

yea...duncan hines or betty crocker! In the section of the store where all the cake mixes are. One of them is a FABULOUS lemon bar!!! Don't stress...go with the box!

I think there is one in our It's Good For You cookbook.

basketmom2 said:
Hi, I am looking for a lemon bar recipe. I know it has a flour crust, lemon filling and then another type of crust over the filling followed with powdered sugar. Can anyone please help me? My DH loves these at a restaurant!:)

Here's something I found. Hope this helps.;)

Attachments

• Lemon Bars.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 410
Hi there! I am happy to help you with a delicious lemon bar recipe. Here's what you'll need:-For the crust:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened-For the filling:
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest-For the topping:
1/4 cup powdered sugarInstructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. Cut in 1/2 cup of softened butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Press the mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together 1 cup of granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, and 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
5. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
6. Stir in 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.
7. Pour the filling over the baked crust and return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
8. Let the bars cool completely before dusting with 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
9. Cut into squares and enjoy! Your DH will love these just as much as the restaurant's version. Happy baking!

1. Can I use bottled lemon juice for this recipe?

While bottled lemon juice can be used in a pinch, we highly recommend using freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor in your lemon bars. The bottled juice may also contain added preservatives and artificial flavors that can alter the taste of your bars.

2. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free flour?

Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend in place of the all-purpose flour in this recipe. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste of the bars may be slightly different. We recommend using a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend for the best results.

3. How long do these lemon bars last?

If stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, these lemon bars can last up to 5 days. However, for the best taste and texture, we recommend eating them within 2-3 days.

4. Can I use a different type of citrus juice for this recipe?

While this recipe specifically calls for lemon juice, you can experiment with other citrus juices such as lime or orange. Keep in mind that the flavor and tartness may vary, so adjust the amount of sugar accordingly.

5. Do I have to use a food processor to make the crust?

No, you can also use a pastry cutter or two knives to cut the butter into the flour mixture for the crust. The food processor just makes it easier and quicker to achieve a fine crumb texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • TinasKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • blestmom