• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last Week Our Power Supply Went Out on Our Computer, My Husband

In summary, the best way to prevent a power supply failure on a computer is to use a high-quality surge protector and regularly clean and maintain internal components. A power supply failure will not usually cause permanent damage, but it is still recommended to have the computer checked by a professional. The time and cost of replacing a power supply can vary, but it typically takes 15 minutes to an hour and can cost anywhere from $50 to $200. It is not recommended to use the computer while the power supply is being replaced to avoid potential damage.
Jennie4PC
last week our power supply went out on our computer, my husband thought it was something else so he took it to a computer shop and they fixed the problem for us, but when we got thew computer we had lost everything except for my pampered partner. We lost pictures that we downloaded, all my PC email addresses everything so I had to spend over an hr putting all email addresses back in and a few changed email addresses in the past.

Ugh!!! What a pain! ...especially the pictures :( Did you have them backed up on a CD or anything?

Oh how awful. I am so sorry. I guess this serves as a reminder to all of us to BACKUP often!!

we did not have the pictures on a cd that is what makes me so sick

Jennie,

As far as the photos go, in the future when you put them on your computer add them as well to a Yahoo Photo Album!! I use these for all of our pictures from our overseas travels. There is no storage limit and best of all, it's free!!! This way all your photos are out on the web if you ever lose them again!!

HTH

That is a good idea Steph! I don't have anything backed up except pics from 1 year ago!!

Also, your friends and family around the world can look at them on Yahoo too!! We attach a link to our personal website for each of our photo albums from each trip! I don't have to send those big bulky emails with pics attached to our friends!! Just the link to the website and it's all there!!!

Related to Last Week Our Power Supply Went Out on Our Computer, My Husband

1. How can I prevent a power supply failure on my computer?

The best way to prevent a power supply failure is to invest in a high-quality surge protector and to regularly clean and maintain your computer's internal components.

2. Will a power supply failure damage my computer?

In most cases, a power supply failure will not cause permanent damage to your computer. However, it is always a good idea to have your computer checked by a professional to ensure that no other components were affected.

3. How long does it take to replace a power supply?

The time it takes to replace a power supply can vary depending on the type of computer and the expertise of the person performing the replacement. It can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.

4. How much does it cost to replace a power supply?

The cost of replacing a power supply can vary, but on average it can range from $50 to $200. It is important to research and purchase a high-quality power supply to prevent future failures.

5. Can I still use my computer while the power supply is being replaced?

It is not recommended to use your computer while the power supply is being replaced. It is best to shut down the computer and wait for the replacement to be completed to avoid any potential damage to your computer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • brandynichoal
  • General Chat
Replies