• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Goodbye HP Pavilion: Mourning the Loss of a Trusty Computer

In summary, the HP Pavillion that served as my primary computer for the past two years died this week after two major problems. The first was the power supply going bad, and the second was my roommate shutting it down one night. Neither of these problems were fixable, and as a result, I am now limited to using public libraries, the macs at work, and my friend's loaner laptop. I am still able to submit my show in April, but I am frustrated with the amount of time and money this has taken away from me.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Today I mourn the passing of my HP Pavillion, which served me well for the two years since I bought it from E-Bay for $65. That is, until this year, when two major problems sidelined me.

The first was in December, when the power supply went bad. The second was this week, when my roommate (stupidly) shut it down one night. We've been unable to start it ever since.

Had an expert look at it, who confirmed that the power supply he put in 3 months ago was still good. It's either the power button (which is rare and surprisingly hard to find) or the motherboard. Either way, it's not worth fixing.

My roommate has a computer and is putting a new hard drive in it (for no other reason than to upgrade) but to make a long story short, it will be a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, our only options are public libraries, the macs at work, and my friend's loaner laptop. It runs Umbuntu, which is not compatible with P3.

I have no shows on my calendar, and since I just submitted one, my data is at least backed up on my jump drive. I plan to rejoin Tasty Tidbits, send out my newsletter and work those grocery store contacts. I also have a fair in the next two weeks. I'll be fine with career sales as long as I submit in April.

But meanwhile, I am frustrated. My car repair is more than I thought it would be too. This is the stuff ... that drives me crazy!

If you do have a show you can always go to another consultants house and go in as you # and pass word to enter the show
Good luck

Oh I know that b/c my recruiter has been doing the same thing on MY computer for months. I don't think hers is fixed so I hope she doesn't have anything to submit because the only clustermate I trust is far, far away and even further for her!

What caused the HP Pavilion to be discontinued?

The HP Pavilion was discontinued due to declining sales and the company's shift towards focusing on other product lines.

Will I still be able to get support for my HP Pavilion?

HP will continue to provide technical support for existing HP Pavilion owners for a limited time. However, it is recommended to transition to a new computer for ongoing support.

What features made the HP Pavilion a popular choice?

The HP Pavilion was known for its sleek design, reliable performance, and affordable price point. It also offered a range of customizable options to fit different user needs.

What factors should I consider when replacing my HP Pavilion?

When looking for a replacement for your HP Pavilion, consider your budget, desired specifications, and intended use. It's also important to do research on different brands and models to find the best fit.

Can I transfer my data from my HP Pavilion to a new computer?

Yes, you can transfer your data from your HP Pavilion to a new computer by using an external hard drive, cloud storage, or a data transfer cable. It's also recommended to back up your data before making the transfer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
1upland
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies