• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Help! Computer Illiterate

In summary, Ugh...I'm so frustrated right now. After TWO hours of trying to download and print almost a dozen different forms my daughter needs to fill out and scan and send back to be a Councillor in Training at a camp in the Maritimes I canNOT for the life of me get it to work.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Ugh...I'm so frustrated right now. After TWO hours of trying to download and print almost a dozen different forms my daughter needs to fill out and scan and send back to be a Councillor in Training at a camp in the Maritimes I canNOT for the life of me get it to work.

My daughter is going with a very good friend and her family to this camp where both girls who were campers this year are now old enough to be CIT's. There is a ton of paperwork. Since our Canada Post is on strike and we are only getting mail intermittently the mother emailed me attachments asking that they be filled out, scanned and emailed back. Simple enough I thought, done it before. NOT!

The first three end in .bmp and I can click download, open, then it opens and I click print. It prints from the picture program in my computer (which I have NO idea how to use and no time right now with overtime, final exams and grad) but at least it's simple enough.

The rest all end in .gif and I can't get them to print properly! I click download, open, then up it comes but it gives me the option to print as picture instead of just print and then only prints the one side and it is huge lettering! Nowhere can I find the choice to edit, crop etc. There is nothing but print as picture. If I copy and paste it into a document I end up with the screen view which is microscopic since it won't let me enlarge.

Please, does anyone have any ideas/knowledge that they could share with me? I've even emailed them to my daughter and hubby hoping they would open differently or at least with edit options on their computers but they didn't and neither hubby nor daughter know any more than I do about 'puters. :(

I'm sorry, I can't help you, but can you call the mother who emailed you the docs and let her know that you are having trouble? Can you get to a fax in the morning and just fax them to her?
I don't know how to email docs either...I'm pretty illiterate as well, but that's what I would do, just call the person and tell them you don't know how to do it!
And, if you find out, please share! LOL

Jodi, e-mail them to me & I'll change them to a .jpg & send them back to you! :D[email protected]

Thanks Steph but I can't even get them to print so I'm unable to fax. My next option was to have her fax them all to me, then fill out and fax back. Not sure what condition they'd end up in after all that faxing though.

Big hugs and thanks to Sheila! She saved the day. I emailed them to her and she sent them back. I haven't tried them yet but it looks like they'll print just fine. I'll find out in the morning ;)

Hey there, I can definitely understand your frustration with trying to download and print all those forms. Technology can be tricky sometimes! Have you tried reaching out to the camp or the camp director for assistance? They may have some tips or resources to help you with the forms. Also, have you checked to see if there are any tutorials or guides online for editing and printing .gif files? That could be a useful resource as well. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll figure it out!

1. How can I transfer my recipes from my old computer to my new one?

To transfer your recipes from your old computer to your new one, you can either use an external hard drive to copy and paste the files, or you can use a cloud storage service such as Google Drive or Dropbox. Simply upload the recipe files to the cloud and then download them onto your new computer.

2. I accidentally deleted my recipe file, can I recover it?

If you have accidentally deleted your recipe file, there is a chance you can recover it. Check your computer's recycle bin or trash folder to see if the file is still there. If not, you can try using a data recovery software to retrieve the file.

3. How do I organize my recipes on my computer?

To organize your recipes on your computer, you can create folders for different categories such as appetizers, main dishes, desserts, etc. You can also use descriptive file names to easily search for a specific recipe. Additionally, you can use recipe management software, such as Pampered Chef's Recipe Organizer, to help you categorize and organize your recipes.

4. Can I print my recipes from my computer?

Yes, you can print your recipes from your computer. Simply open the recipe file and click on the print option. Make sure you have a printer connected to your computer and enough paper and ink before printing. You can also adjust the print settings to fit the recipe on one page or to print multiple recipes on one page.

5. How do I change the font or formatting of my recipes on my computer?

To change the font or formatting of your recipes on your computer, you can use a word processing program like Microsoft Word or Google Docs. Simply copy and paste the recipe into the program and use the formatting options to make any changes. You can also use a recipe management software, such as Pampered Chef's Recipe Organizer, which allows you to customize the font and formatting of your recipes within the program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • pamperedbecky
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pampchefrhondab