• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do a Backup Now! My Computer Crashed but Its Back.

In summary, to access the "Do a Backup Now!" feature on your computer, open the Pampered Chef software and go to the "Tools" menu. It is recommended to perform a backup using this feature at least once a week, but more frequently if you make frequent changes to important files. The backup will be stored on your computer's hard drive, but it is advised to transfer it to an external hard drive or cloud storage for added security. You can select which files and folders to backup, or backup your entire computer. You can also schedule automatic backups at a specified time and frequency using this feature.
kaseydee
Gold Member
My computer hard drive crashed yesterday around 3pm & by 10:30 last night I had it back!! Dell is sending me a hard drive but if my computer keeps working then I'm not switching. I did go buy ANOTHER external hard drive & backed up my whole computer last night too. I lost my original one somewhere between my house & stores.

The fix to my crash was something to do with XP cd. The error code they got was that I had uncorrectable data errors or media write is protected. Plus it said hard drive failing. So, I'm very happy that I have my computer back & EVERYONE BACK UP YOUR COMPUTER!! Learn from my stressful afternoon & late night! :angel:

Wow, that sounds like a stressful situation! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your computer back up and running so quickly. It's always a good reminder for everyone to regularly back up their data, especially with the risk of hard drive crashes. It's great that Dell is sending you a new hard drive, but hopefully you won't need it if your computer keeps working properly. Thanks for sharing your experience and reminding us all to be proactive about backing up our computers.

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear about your computer crash, but I'm glad to hear that you were able to get it back up and running again. It's always a good idea to have a backup plan in place, especially for important documents and files. I'm glad you were able to get a new external hard drive and back up your computer. It's definitely a lesson learned to always back up our computers regularly. Thank you for sharing your experience and reminding others to do the same. Happy cooking!

1. How do I access the "Do a Backup Now!" feature on my computer?

To access the "Do a Backup Now!" feature, simply open the Pampered Chef software on your computer. You can find the feature under the "Tools" menu.

2. How often should I perform a backup using the "Do a Backup Now!" feature?

We recommend performing a backup using the "Do a Backup Now!" feature at least once a week. However, if you frequently make changes to important files, it's best to backup more often.

3. Will my backup be stored on my computer or in the cloud?

The backup created using the "Do a Backup Now!" feature will be stored on your computer's hard drive. We recommend regularly transferring the backup to an external hard drive or cloud storage for added security.

4. Can I choose which files and folders to backup using the "Do a Backup Now!" feature?

Yes, the "Do a Backup Now!" feature allows you to select which specific files and folders you want to include in the backup. You can also choose to backup your entire computer if desired.

5. Can I schedule automatic backups using the "Do a Backup Now!" feature?

Yes, the "Do a Backup Now!" feature allows you to schedule automatic backups at a specific time and frequency. This ensures that your important files are always backed up and protected.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissasutkus
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lisasfuncooking
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • tabnat80
  • General Chat
Replies