• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Totally Realize I'm a Computer Idiot...

In summary, the person has been a consultant for a year and has never backed up their data on P3. However, their husband bought them an external hard drive and they backed up their data to it. They were asking if that was all they needed to do and others recommend also backing up to a jump drive for extra security. They discuss different sizes and prices for jump drives and recommend periodically backing up on multiple devices in case of failure.
DanielleQ
OK, I've been a consultant for about a year, had 45 shows and have never backed up my data on P3. My husband just bought me an external hard drive for just that reason. So here's my question: I backed up my data to the external hard drive--is that all I have to do?

Stop laughing at the computer idiot!:blushing:

You should be good to go! And then the next time you back up, just over-write what is already there.

Glad to read that you are now backing up P3. You will not regret it. I've heard so many horror stories from people who didn't before. Reminds me that I should do it again tonight!

Thank you so much. I can't figure out why I waited so long to back up! I guess I thought it was a lot harder than it actually is.

I have made it a habit that whenever I close a show I back-up to a jump drive so I can restore on my laptop to make everything sync. I once lost everything on my desktop and thank God I had backed up my P3 or I would have lost ALL.

curious - any suggestions as to what size Jump drive I should get to backup my information? 1 GB, 2GB, 3???

Depends on what you're planning to back up on it. I've got a 256 MB, and it's plenty for P3 backups and other assorted documents. Just get one that you can afford and will use. ;)

Jump drive, is that the same as a thumb drive? Like the ones you can carry around on a keychain?! (Or am I the only one who does that!?) :)

They're the same thing. I usually refer to them as Thumb drives, because that was the name that was told to me when I first encountered one. More accurately, they're compact memory sticks with a USB interface. :)

I got one at Staples a few months ago. It's a GB and after the instant rebate it was only $19.99. I think the instant rebate was $10 so it was only originally $29.99. Pretty inexpensive for the peace of mind it gives you!

Related to I Totally Realize I'm a Computer Idiot...

1. What is "I Totally Realize I'm a Computer Idiot..."?

"I Totally Realize I'm a Computer Idiot..." is a cookbook that is part of the Pampered Chef line of products. It contains beginner-friendly recipes and tips for using kitchen gadgets and appliances.

2. Is this cookbook only for people who are not good with technology?

No, this cookbook is for anyone who wants to learn new recipes and techniques, regardless of their level of comfort with technology. It is designed to be user-friendly for all levels of experience.

3. What types of recipes are included in "I Totally Realize I'm a Computer Idiot..."?

This cookbook includes a variety of recipes, including appetizers, entrees, sides, and desserts. It also includes recipes for using specific kitchen gadgets, such as blenders and slow cookers.

4. Are the recipes in this cookbook easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "I Totally Realize I'm a Computer Idiot..." are specifically designed for beginners and are easy to follow. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips for using kitchen gadgets.

5. Can I purchase "I Totally Realize I'm a Computer Idiot..." online?

Yes, "I Totally Realize I'm a Computer Idiot..." is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website. You can also purchase it through a Pampered Chef consultant or at a Pampered Chef party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ally44
  • JWorks
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mandydollie
  • medhatterchef