• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Laptop Transfer Help for Technologically Challenged Users

In summary, you backed up your computer, and then overwrote the backup on a flash drive. You are waiting for tech support to get back to you.
JWorks
Silver Member
ok i am a total idiot when it comes to computers.

i backed up my pampered partner on a flash drive, but do i need the orginal disk to get it to run on this computer?

or can i just put the flash drive in and it should work????? i tried that but it didnt work for me.:confused:

You need to install the program on your new computer, and then restore from backup (your flash drive) ....the only thing that you saved on your flash drive is a backup of the data, which you will load into the program on your new computer.

You can download it off CC if you can't find your CD!

I got a laptop and had to call tech support a couple of times. One thing that happened was that my OO forms were missing info. which had to do with Adobe Reader. Then in PP the receipts I wanted to print didn't have the item numbers next to them. Tech support was wonderful and talked me through every step!

here's another laptop yikes for you... I had to hurry and submitted an individual order from my desktop yesterday morning. Went to back up tonight and put it on my laptop and overwrote a show on my laptop...what do I do. Called HO to see if they could fax me a copy of a packing slip so that I could see what the host ordered. I have all the other receipts but her and I closed over the phone and I entered it as we spoke. YIKES!!! Also, if I manually enter everything again, how do I get the green check marks that tell me that the show has already been submitted? I e-mailed tech support hoping they can help me. Anyone able to help\??? I know i know..stupid mistake. I'm sticking strictly to my laptop now!

Julie! I had the same thing happen to me on my receipts when I tried printing from my laptop the first time. Tech support is wonderful!!!!!

mandydollie said:
here's another laptop yikes for you... I had to hurry and submitted an individual order from my desktop yesterday morning. Went to back up tonight and put it on my laptop and overwrote a show on my laptop...what do I do. Called HO to see if they could fax me a copy of a packing slip so that I could see what the host ordered. I have all the other receipts but her and I closed over the phone and I entered it as we spoke. YIKES!!! Also, if I manually enter everything again, how do I get the green check marks that tell me that the show has already been submitted? I e-mailed tech support hoping they can help me. Anyone able to help\??? I know i know..stupid mistake. I'm sticking strictly to my laptop now!

So you backed up from your desktop, so overwrote the backup on your flash drive...and then wrote over it on your laptop too? oh geez...that is a tech support question! Sorry

Maybe I Shouldn't have had the two glasses of wine that I had before I decided to back up.... I think it's still ok...it's just not in PP. It's been submitted and delivered so i'm good. I'm just off on sales in my reports

haha..it is easy to do, I work between 2 computesr as well, and I am always cautious about doing that... as well as non-PC files!

well shooooot! I'll wait for tech support to get back to me. They have an answer for everything.

What is "Expert Laptop Transfer Help for Technologically Challenged Users"?

"Expert Laptop Transfer Help for Technologically Challenged Users" is a service offered by Pampered Chef to assist individuals who may struggle with technology in transferring their data and files from one laptop to another. Our trained experts will guide you through the process and ensure that all of your important information is safely transferred.

How does the process work?

After purchasing our "Expert Laptop Transfer Help" service, you will be contacted by one of our experts to schedule a time for the transfer. During the scheduled time, our expert will remotely access both laptops and assist with transferring data and files. The entire process typically takes 1-2 hours, depending on the amount of data being transferred.

What types of data can be transferred?

Our experts can assist with transferring all types of data, including documents, photos, music, videos, and more. We can also transfer data from various programs such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and more. If you have any specific data that you are unsure about, our experts will be happy to assist.

Do I need any special equipment for the transfer?

No, you do not need any special equipment. Our experts will guide you through the process using the laptops you already have. However, it is recommended that you have a stable internet connection for a smooth transfer process.

What if I have additional questions or need support after the transfer?

If you have any additional questions or need support after the transfer, our experts will be happy to assist you. You can contact our customer support team for further assistance, and our experts will provide guidance and troubleshooting to ensure your satisfaction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • CAPCnewbie