• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forAll the Computer Whizs Out There

Thanks for the input!I think I will use my big flash drive to move my other info and just use the small one for PP. It will save me a lot of hassle.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I have a problem. I'm a computer dummy :rolleyes: :eek:

I have a 4GB flash drive that I use just for PP. Copy back and forth from laptop to desktop and back.

I have a small freebie 4 Meg flash drive. I'm trying to use it to copy recipes from my recipe file on my desktop to transfer to my laptop before we move in case something is needed for a host while we're gypsys for 3 weeks. When I use this one it only copies up to the letter C in my recipe folder. Is that about right or am I/is it doing something wrong?

If this is right than man oh man it's going to take FOREVER to transfer all my recipes let alone my pc folder that has subfolders for bookings, bridal showers, host coaching etc etc - something like 20 subfolders in there! Of course I decided to do it tonight at 1 am when I had a few minutes and now I'm stuck and want to figure the darn thing out!

Also, can I use the flash drive that I use for PP for this stuff too or should I leave it exclusively for PP?

Man I wish I knew more about computers! :mad: :(

Thanks for any and all help/opinions!

Not sure why your freebie isn't copying stuff... did you double check and make sure there wasn't any info on it yet?
But, personally, I would use flash you are using for PP ONLY for PP. Can you imagine your headache if you lost that one? That would ruin my day!
Wish I could help you more... hopefully one of our great computer geeks can help you out more! Good luck.

Thanks Katie. I think I will stick to using the big one for ONLY PP. That was my concern as well.

As for the really small flash drive, I've been able to transfer my 242 newsletter customers' email addresses plus all my other personal email addresses over. Took me an hour because I hadn't set up folders before I transferred so I had to keep cross referencing and moving names all over so that the lawyer didn't get my newsletter and my newsletter customer get my joke of the day KWIM. I also got all my recipes in a recipe folder on my laptop.

Now I just have to get my HUGE PC folder with all it's subfolders transferred over before I move. At least I got two weeks LMAO

Actually, 4 meg is VERY small. That may be the issue you're running in to. Your other flash drive is VERY BIG for a flash drive. You are wasting a HUGE amount of space by only using it for the P3 data file. You should be completely safe to use the larger flash to move your other info. Those flash drives are quite difficult to mess up.

Good luck!

1. What kitchen gadgets or tools do you recommend for computer whizs?

For computer whizs, we recommend the Microplane grater for easily grating cheese or chocolate for snacks while working. The Garlic Press is also a must-have for quick and efficient garlic chopping for a boost of flavor in meals. Lastly, the Mix 'N Chop is perfect for breaking up ground meats for a quick and easy protein source.

2. Can you suggest any meal prepping tools for busy computer whizs?

Absolutely! Our Quick Slice is a versatile tool for slicing and dicing veggies for meal prep. The Salad Chopper is another great option for chopping and mixing salads quickly and efficiently. And don't forget the Instant Pot for easy and fast one-pot meals!

3. How can I make healthy meals while working at a computer all day?

We understand the struggle of balancing work and healthy eating. That's why we recommend our Spiral & Slice for easily creating veggie noodles for a lighter alternative to pasta. The Veggie Strip Maker is also great for making healthy veggie snacks to munch on while working.

4. Do you have any recommendations for quick and easy meals for busy computer whizs?

Yes, we do! Our Deep Covered Baker is perfect for making one-pot meals like casseroles and roasts in the microwave for a fast and delicious dinner. The Rice Cooker Plus is also a great option for cooking grains and proteins in one go.

5. Are there any kitchen tools that can help with staying organized while working on a computer?

Definitely! The Meal Prep Bowls are perfect for portioning out meals and snacks for the week. The Kitchen Spritzer is also great for adding just the right amount of oil for cooking and meal prep. And don't forget about the Mini Measure-All Cup for perfectly measuring out ingredients without making a mess.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mandydollie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
3RingChef