• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Loss from a Returning Customer

In summary, the speaker had a customer who ordered the wrong item at a show, and the speaker had to order the correct one through their next show. The customer was supposed to return the incorrect item, but the speaker has not received it. They took a loss on the item, hoping to gain a returning customer, but now they are considering calling the customer to ask about returning it. They plan to mention it at an upcoming show with the customer's niece. Other speakers suggest calling the customer and asking about the incorrect item, and using the Solution Center for exchanges in the future. They also recommend not taking a loss and trying to retrieve the item.
PCSarahjm
I have a problem.... At my very first show a customer ordered the adj. measuring spoon but really wanted the adj measure cup... so I ordered the correct one for her through my next show which was my sister in law. My sister in law delivered for me since the customer and her work together. The customer was suppose to return the spoon back to me .... but i have not seen it. I took the loss between the two which was a couple of $ thinking I was doing the customer a favor and maybe she would be a returning customer. But now since I didn't get the spoon back I took a bigger loss. So do I call the customer to see about returning it or do I forget about it. I will be having a cooking show with her niece in Aug. And thought I could mention to her to bring it then. I don't want to sound like a snot but you know a loss is a loss!!! Advice please

I'd call her asking her if she got the cup. Ask her if it is working for her. She might just bring it up to you about returning the spoon. If she doesn't ask her if she wants to purchase the cup or return the spoon. It might just be a mix up or she just forgot.

I might mention this to her at her nieces party. Then that way it doesn't seem like I am being pushy or going out of my way to get the cup back

Like Sarah said, I'd call and make sure she got the cup, then I'd ask her if she was planning on attending her niece's show. If she says yes, ask her if she'd just bring the spoon with her then. If she says no, ask her when would be a convienient time for you to meet up with her.

I really am just pretty direct with people but I use (and feel) and expression like I could just as easy be asking her if she wants a cup of coffee.

In the future, just do the exchange through the Solution Center. They won't send out the new item until they receive the old one.

I just did an exchange with HO this morning. Very simple do that the next time. Since it was in the first 30 days they are sending FedEx to pick up the wrong item.

I would do as others have said and call to see if she has received the other item and ask her to return the one she did not want to the show. I do everything I can to not take a loss.

1. How can I cope with the loss of a loved one?

Dealing with the loss of a loved one can be a difficult and overwhelming experience. It's important to allow yourself to grieve and feel your emotions. Seek support from friends and family, participate in activities that bring you joy, and consider seeking professional help if needed.

2. How do I handle the financial burden of losing someone?

The financial burden of losing someone can be overwhelming. It's important to prioritize and create a budget to manage any expenses. Consider reaching out to a financial advisor for guidance and explore options for financial assistance, such as life insurance or survivor benefits.

3. What can I do to honor the memory of my loved one?

Honoring the memory of your loved one can be a healing and comforting way to cope with loss. You can create a memorial, plant a tree or garden, participate in a charity or cause that was important to your loved one, or simply share memories and stories with others.

4. How can I support others who are also grieving the loss?

Supporting others who are grieving can be a way to cope with your own loss. Be a good listener, offer practical help, and provide a safe and non-judgmental space for the person to express their feelings. Avoid giving unsolicited advice and be patient and understanding of their emotions.

5. How can I take care of myself during this difficult time?

During a time of loss, it's important to prioritize self-care. This can include getting enough rest, eating well, engaging in physical activity, and finding healthy ways to cope with your emotions. Don't be afraid to ask for help or support from others, and be gentle with yourself as you navigate through your grief.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AprilM
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AprilM
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • PCMomto4