• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Knife Case: Experiences and Reviews

In summary, a knife case is a storage bag or container specifically designed for safely storing and transporting kitchen knives. It is important for chefs, home cooks, and frequent travelers to protect and maintain the sharpness of their knives. Most knife cases can hold a variety of knives, are durable and easy to clean, and can also be used for organizing other items. However, it is important to securely close the case and handle the knives carefully to prevent injury.
Jillb
Gold Member
Does anyone have the knife case and what do you think of it?

I just got mine last night and the snaps that hold the knifes in are too short or do not snap!

I am going to contact PC but wanted to know everyones thoughts.

You have to position the strap over the bolster. It takes some getting used to, but they do fit.

DebbieJ said:
You have to position the strap over the bolster. It takes some getting used to, but they do fit.

And, the more you use them the easier they work.

Ditto everyone else's comments. I know exactly how you feel. They ARE so tight, but loosen up with repeated use.

I think HO even addressed this when the case first came out last year. The message was that it had to be tight to ensure the knives don't fall out.

Yes I had one that refused to snap but I finally got it to work with some tugging and pulling. Now it works great every time. One thing I like is that I can unsnap the knife but leave the case in the snap so I don't loose it. Then just replace the knife when it's clean.

What is a knife case and why do I need one?

A knife case is a storage bag or container designed specifically for safely storing and transporting kitchen knives. It typically has individual slots or compartments to hold each knife securely and prevent them from getting damaged or dull. A knife case is important for chefs, home cooks, and anyone who frequently uses and travels with their knives, as it helps protect the blades and ensures they stay sharp.

What type of knives can I store in a knife case?

Most knife cases are designed to hold a variety of knives, including chef's knives, paring knives, bread knives, and more. Some cases may also have slots for scissors or other small kitchen tools. It's important to check the dimensions and specifications of a knife case before purchasing to ensure it can accommodate the types and sizes of knives you own.

Are knife cases durable and easy to clean?

Yes, most knife cases are made from durable materials such as nylon, canvas, or leather, which can withstand frequent use and travel. These materials are also easy to clean and maintain, making it simple to keep your knife case in good condition. Some cases may even be machine washable, but always check the care instructions before washing.

Can I use a knife case for other purposes besides storing knives?

While knife cases are primarily designed for storing and transporting knives, they can also be used for organizing and storing other kitchen tools and utensils. Some people also use knife cases to store and protect their art supplies, makeup brushes, or other small items. However, it's important to consider the size and design of the case to ensure it will work for your specific needs.

Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a knife case?

Yes, it's important to always securely close and fasten your knife case before transporting it. This will prevent the knives from falling out and potentially causing injury. It's also a good idea to store the knife case out of reach of children and to handle the knives carefully when removing them from the case.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Stephanie S