• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confused About the Bamboo Knife Block and New Knives - Help Please

In summary, the new knife with the honing case is intended for the forged cutlery set, so if you already have the forged set, you do not need to purchase it. The bamboo knife block is still a useful option for storage and organization, and you can use the honing case separately if desired. The holiday plates and appetizer plates are not currently available for purchase, but the speaker is looking forward to receiving their order next week.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I was just about to order my sample package and I want the bamboo knife block and one of the new knives but I'm confused. The new knife comes with a honing case so does that mean I can't use the block or do I use it and then have the honing case just sitting around? Or is this just for the forged cutlery, in which case I don't need the new knife with honing case since I already have the forged?

I'm confused...

The block is intended for the forged cutlery, but you could probably put the new honing case knives in it. You'd just end up with the case in the drawer, as you mentioned.

chefann said:
The block is intended for the forged cutlery, but you could probably put the new honing case knives in it. You'd just end up with the case in the drawer, as you mentioned.

Thanks Ann. I decided to do my own homework :blushing: and read my darn changeover kit. So I skipped the honing case knives since I have all the forged and 'just' bought package A, the silicone cake pan, knife block, 5 inch forged knife, and dots stemware.

I think I actually have to say thank goodness the holiday plates and appetizer plates aren't available to order right now because my order was already $290 with tax and shipping :eek::eek:

I can't wait until next week though! :D

I have almost all the forged too, but got the 3" paring knife in the case to take to shows, in case someone is looking for something a little cheaper, then they can see it. I probably won't use it very often, unless my other paring knives are dirty.

Hi there! I completely understand your confusion. The new knife with the honing case is designed specifically for the forged cutlery, so if you already have the forged set, you do not need to purchase the new knife with the honing case. The bamboo knife block is still a great option for storing and organizing your knives. You can also use the honing case separately if you prefer. Let me know if you have any other questions or need further clarification. Happy cooking!

1. What is the purpose of a bamboo knife block?

A bamboo knife block is designed to hold and store kitchen knives in a safe and organized manner. It helps to keep knives within reach and protects the blades from damage.

2. How do I choose the right size bamboo knife block for my knives?

The size of the bamboo knife block you need will depend on the size and number of knives you have. Measure the length and width of your knives and choose a block that is slightly larger than your largest knife.

3. Can I use any type of knife with a bamboo knife block?

Yes, you can use any type of kitchen knife with a bamboo knife block. However, it is important to make sure the knives are properly dried before storing them in the block to prevent any potential mold or mildew growth.

4. How do I clean and maintain a bamboo knife block?

To clean a bamboo knife block, wipe it with a damp cloth and mild soap. Avoid soaking the block in water as it can cause damage. It is also recommended to regularly oil the bamboo block with mineral oil to prevent it from drying out and cracking.

5. What should I do if my new knives don't fit in the bamboo knife block?

If your new knives don't fit in the bamboo knife block, you can try adjusting the knife slots by gently widening them with a butter knife or sanding them down slightly. If this doesn't work, you may need to purchase a larger sized knife block or consider using a knife magnet strip instead.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pkd09
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • AZPampered Chef