• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rolling Case Does Have Warranty!

In summary, the person's original rolling case broke, and they were told that the warranty only covered the wheel, not the handle. They were then told to ship the broken case back and were given a new one. However, one of the legs on the new case has already popped off.
lacychef
Hey all, just wanted you to know....
A while back the handle on my rolling case broke:mad: I think I had the problem of filling it too full which made it too heavy! Anyway, I called HO to see if it was warrantied; it has a one year warranty! So, they did say I needed to send mine in; I said wow how much will that cost? So then she offered to send a mailing label to me. Well, they never sent the label...but I just got my new rolling case from the man in brown yesterday! Woo-hoo:) And yes, I did learn my lesson...I won't be filling this one too full;)
Just wanted you all to know in case you have had the same problem!

Exact same problem here..didnt think mine was too full! I have a bum hip (replaced 3 years ago) so I really count on my rolling case. Heading to a show a couple weeks ago, the handle just pulled right out of the case...they replaced it for me immediately!!! whooohooo

I finally invested in 1 lat week! Cannot wait for it to arrive!

Quick question, b/c I'm too lazy to look it up.. lol how much is the rolling case?

I believe it is around 90 dollars not quite sure though

MIne was about 3-5 weeks old when the wheel broke off. It still worked, but left a big groove in the hosts' carpet when I pulled it in. I had to return mine and it was very pricey to ship it back. Luckily, I still had the box it had come in.

The instructions say to never roll it up or down steps, and to never try to lift it by the handle.

What I should have done was to return just the wheel. I think you can do that with the handle, too.

Hmm, I hope it's not a chinsy piece ~now after hearing these defect problems? Being $90 you would think it was great quality and durable!?!

karlene said:
Exact same problem here..didnt think mine was too full! I have a bum hip (replaced 3 years ago) so I really count on my rolling case. Heading to a show a couple weeks ago, the handle just pulled right out of the case...they replaced it for me immediately!!! whooohooo

i got a replacement too - same thing happened with the handle. I could not do without it. love my case!

heat123 said:
Hmm, I hope it's not a chinsy piece ~now after hearing these defect problems? Being $90 you would think it was great quality and durable!?!
I think it's pretty well made, but I know MY mistake has been overloading it. I can't help it! So, the first time, my handle did break and I don't lift it by the handle. However, be careful if a host or a host's husband offers to help you carry things in or out of the house. I try to do this piece myself since they may not lift it by the handles.

I earned this as part of the Show-to-Go incentive back when these first became available. When I called to tell them it broke, they told me that if it was earned as part of the incentive, it only had a 90 day guarantee and not a full year. What?! That was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, so I said it was and they agreed to replace it. I don't know if it was that particular customer service person who didn't know what she was talking about or what. Has anyone else ever been told that? Why should the guarantee be different if we earned it vs. bought it? Weird.

So, they did replace it for me and paid to have the broken one shipped back (they sent me the new one, told me to use the box THAT came in, pack up the broken one, then call for a UPS pick up via the solution center). But, now one of those little legs has popped off, so it tilts. The wheels are fine, but one of the little legs is gone. I know exactly how it happened too. When hoisting it up into my car, I have to kind of push it along the back of my minivan, so I think it kind of starting bending under the pressure.

Do you guys think I should try to get THIS one replaced?? I suppose it's worth a try, but I don't want them to think I totally abuse it! I swear I don't do anything out of the ordinary other than maybe overload it. I forget the weight limit on it. I do LOVE this piece (and both totes) and can't imagine dragging all my stuff to a show without it!:D

Last edited:
I earned mine with the incentive last year too - and the handle broke. Almost every house I go to there are stairs to the front door - mine included. I love the case - but the stairs are a huge pain!!!

When I called in they told me it had a 1 yr guarantee, so I think that lady didn't know what she was talking about. Sometimes when I don't get the answer I want I just wait and call back and sometimes get a different answer. As a matter of fact, they were going to have me send mine back after I received my replacement and when I called again they said they'd have it picked up. Home Office is awesome - don't get me wrong - but sometimes it's like anything else - it depends on who you talk to as to what you get.

Does anyone have a picture of this?

pamperedbecky said:
I think it's pretty well made, but I know MY mistake has been overloading it. I can't help it! So, the first time, my handle did break and I don't lift it by the handle. However, be careful if a host or a host's husband offers to help you carry things in or out of the house. I try to do this piece myself since they may not lift it by the handles.

I earned this as part of the Show-to-Go incentive back when these first became available. When I called to tell them it broke, they told me that if it was earned as part of the incentive, it only had a 90 day guarantee and not a full year. What?! That was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, so I said it was and they agreed to replace it. I don't know if it was that particular customer service person who didn't know what she was talking about or what. Has anyone else ever been told that? Why should the guarantee be different if we earned it vs. bought it? Weird.

THat is weird Becky! I earned mine thru the incentive also. I was surprised it was warrantied since it's not a product.
You know, I've been wondering about customer service too lately. Seems like it just depends on who you get on the phone & what kind of mood they are in as to what answers you'll get. Doesn't seem like they've been really consistent lately!
I did get my mailing label in the mail yesterday. I'm glad my new case came first though, because I'm not sure that I have a box that my old one will fit in; now I do though!

tlennhoff said:
Does anyone have a picture of this?

I saw a picture of it on Consultant's Corner by searching through last year's Fall/Winter Special Edition Consultant News.

jenf said:
I saw a picture of it on Consultant's Corner by searching through last year's Fall/Winter Special Edition Consultant News.

Thanks. I wish they would give pictures of the stuff that we order through the non-commision sales so us newbies would have a clue.

What does the warranty on the Rolling Case cover?

The warranty for the Rolling Case covers any defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase.

What is the process for filing a warranty claim for the Rolling Case?

To file a warranty claim for the Rolling Case, you will need to contact our customer service team and provide proof of purchase. They will guide you through the process and assist with any necessary replacements or repairs.

Is the warranty on the Rolling Case transferable?

No, the warranty for the Rolling Case is non-transferable and only applies to the original purchaser.

Does the warranty cover normal wear and tear?

The warranty for the Rolling Case does not cover normal wear and tear, such as scratches or dents from regular use. It only covers defects in materials or workmanship.

Are there any exclusions to the warranty on the Rolling Case?

The warranty for the Rolling Case does not cover damages caused by misuse, abuse, or accidents. It also does not cover damages caused by improper storage or cleaning methods. Please refer to the care instructions for proper use and maintenance of the Rolling Case.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rbvernon
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tmo2008
  • Jillb
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • heat123