• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Article About Color Coated Santoku Knife

In summary, the conversation is about a new knife from The Pampered Chef's artichoke-colored line that is designed for people with small hands. The knife has a 5-inch ultra-sharp blade and a lightweight design, making it easier to handle. While some people love the knife, others dislike the color and prefer a different knife from The Pampered Chef.
Ashley S
This is my first post, but I saw this in the newspaper today:

http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,660218742,00.html

By J.M. Hirsch
Associated Press
Finally, a decent knife for small hands.
Launched as part of its new artichoke-colored line of kitchen gadgets, The Pampered Chef's lightweight Color Coated Santoku Knife, $16, sports a 5-inch ultra-sharp blade.
Though a bit blade-heavy, the knife overall weighs so little the lack of balance between blade and handle isn't bothersome. Recesses cut into the blade and a special coating minimize food sticking to it.
In a world where professional-grade (and often quite hefty) knives increasingly are the norm, it's a welcome change for people who don't want to feel as though they are lifting weights when dicing an onion.
Most men will find this quite attractive knife too small. The blade is short in both length and height, meaning large fingers hit the cutting board before the blade does. But it should be appreciated by anyone with small hands (www.pamperedchef.com).

That is a great article! I am going to add that to my binder!

That is exactly what I have been saying about the "ugly green knife" as my hubby calls it... he HATES the color. I love the color and the knife!!! This is my new favorite product!!!

I don't mind the color, but most of my guests who have lived through the 70s HATE the color with a passion. I LOVE the knife though! Even my Dad (with huge hands) like how it cut right through sliced cheese, the paper that divides the cheese and all! I think this is one of PCs best valued products!

GourmetGirl said:
I don't mind the color, but most of my guests who have lived through the 70s HATE the color with a passion.

you were at my last show weren't you? the host and her sisters all HATED THE COLOR...... but loved the way it worked

I too love th eknofe...HATE the color! Wish they would have made a pink one!

I hate the color too but I have to say most customers LOVE it! (yep, they're all younger and don't remember our avocado appliances.

What a great article! I don't really mind the color. Not my favorite-- but its ok. My inlaws STILL have an avocado fridge!

Love this knife as well. Works great!!!

Love the knife too. Don't really like the color but keep it for my "veggie" knife.

I really dislike this knife. You can tell when you use it that it is of lesser quality. I've sold a few by passing it around, but I don't like to use it in my own kitchen.

Give me my Forged Chef's Knife!

Great article about our ugly knife....

Love the word useage for ladies with small hands.

A customer told me the other day she bought one because she can't styand the color and designated it as her hubbys knife so he will leave hers alone....

IT WORKED....he loves it and has sold "7" of them for her to his buddies!!:eek:

DebbieJ said:
I really dislike this knife. You can tell when you use it that it is of lesser quality. I've sold a few by passing it around, but I don't like to use it in my own kitchen.

Give me my Forged Chef's Knife!

What don't you like about the knife?

Related to Article About Color Coated Santoku Knife

1. What is a Santoku knife?

A Santoku knife is a type of kitchen knife that originated in Japan. It is typically shorter and wider than a traditional chef's knife and has a straighter edge. It is designed for slicing, dicing, and mincing vegetables, fish, and meat.

2. What is the benefit of a color coated Santoku knife?

The color coating on a Santoku knife serves two main purposes. Firstly, it adds a pop of color to your kitchen and makes it easier to identify the knife when cooking with a group. Secondly, the color coating helps prevent food from sticking to the blade, making it easier to clean and maintain.

3. Is a color coated Santoku knife dishwasher safe?

While some color coated Santoku knives may be labeled as dishwasher safe, it is generally recommended to hand wash them to maintain the color coating and sharpness of the blade. The high heat and harsh detergents in dishwashers can damage the color coating and dull the blade over time.

4. How do I sharpen a color coated Santoku knife?

To sharpen a color coated Santoku knife, use a sharpening stone or a handheld knife sharpener designed for coated blades. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and not apply too much pressure, as this can damage the color coating. Regular sharpening will help maintain the sharpness and longevity of the knife.

5. Can I use a color coated Santoku knife for cutting meat?

Yes, a color coated Santoku knife can be used for cutting meat. However, it is important to note that the coating may wear off over time with frequent use on hard surfaces such as bones. It is recommended to use a separate knife for cutting through tough meats to prolong the life of the color coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back