• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen Shears- the Little Grey Circle Is Falling off

In summary, the participants in the conversation discussed their dislike for the new grey circle parts on the scissors. They found them to be flimsy and preferred the older versions which were more durable and effective. Some even stocked up on the older ones or contacted HO for replacements. Others suggested gluing the circles in place or buying the older versions on the outlet for only $5. However, one participant preferred the current scissors for their ability to be taken apart and washed in the dishwasher. Overall, the group agreed that the old version was superior and hoped that HO would make improvements based on their feedback.
Michelle817
Silver Member
You know the 2 grey circle parts, where they cover the screw? One of mine is always falling off. I'm amazed it hasn't gotten lost yet. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm debating gluing it in place, but wasn't sure if that would be good for them. Thanks.

I dont like these as much as the old ones. In fact, I keep them in my demo kit and that's it! You can still get the old ones on the outlet for 5 bucks! So much better if you ask me!

I love mine. Contact the HO for a replacement. They shouldn't do that.

I am with Vanessa - I HATE the new ones - they only work at the tips - whereas the older ones could literally cut thru anything! I stocked up on my older ones! That said - my kids also only like the older ones - even though I have my new ones in my TTA - they always complain we have none when the new ones aren't put back - I just wish they would have made them in Black -

I like the old ones. I have two. I don't like the new ones, either. I sent an e-mail to HO about what I don't like. I actually got a call back, but I wasn't home. Send an e-mail and tell HO exactly what you don't like. Maybe if enough of us complain they will fix them. The gray "lock" moves as I'm cutting and gets in the way so I can't close the handles together for cutting. Chincy. I have a hard time keeping my hands in the right spot on the handle, too. They tend to work their way towards the blade for some reason. The grip is not good.

I don't know the old ones, just know that I don't like the ones we have now. Not big enough - also, because I like to cut chicken, I like to be able to take the scissors apart and put them in the dishwasher. Gets all the nooks cleaned. Paranoid that way.

doughmama said:
I don't know the old ones, just know that I don't like the ones we have now. Not big enough - also, because I like to cut chicken, I like to be able to take the scissors apart and put them in the dishwasher. Gets all the nooks cleaned. Paranoid that way.

You can get the old ones on the outlet now! Just $5. And so worth it. Talk about cutting thru chicken, makes it cut like butter! ;)

Thanks for the outlet suggestion, but I don't think I'll do that. I like the ones I have (besides the circle part), and it would be more expensive for me to buy a new pair (from the outlet) than replace the ones I already have.

Related to Kitchen Shears- the Little Grey Circle Is Falling off

1. Why is the little grey circle falling off my kitchen shears?

The little grey circle on your kitchen shears is a plastic insert that helps keep the blades aligned and prevents them from rubbing against each other. Over time and with frequent use, this insert may become loose and fall off. This does not affect the functionality of your shears and can easily be replaced.

2. Can I still use my kitchen shears without the little grey circle?

Yes, the little grey circle is not essential for the functionality of your kitchen shears. It is simply a helpful feature for maintaining the alignment of the blades. If the circle falls off, you can still use your shears as usual.

3. How do I replace the little grey circle on my kitchen shears?

To replace the little grey circle on your kitchen shears, simply insert it back into the designated slot located on the inside of the handles. If the circle is lost or damaged, you can contact our customer service for a replacement.

4. Will the little grey circle falling off affect the warranty of my kitchen shears?

No, the little grey circle falling off does not affect the warranty of your kitchen shears. Our warranty covers any defects in material or workmanship, but does not cover normal wear and tear of the product.

5. How can I prevent the little grey circle from falling off in the future?

To prevent the little grey circle from falling off your kitchen shears, it is important to properly care for and maintain your shears. This includes avoiding cutting hard or frozen foods, hand washing and drying after each use, and storing them in a safe place. If the circle does fall off, it can easily be replaced or you can contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Laura4
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Laura4
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Pampered Laura
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies