• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kind of Wish They'd Explained That . . .

In summary, the speaker will be featured in two local newspapers for an article about her doctor, who is being highlighted by the hospital. She agreed to have her picture taken during a consultation, but was surprised to find out she would be wearing a paper gown and discussing the female reproductive system. The picture will be published in both newspapers, leading to some humorous reactions from her friends and family. The speaker is not too concerned about the attention, as she has been in the paper before.
raebates said:
I was sharing my little story with an old friend/upcoming host last night. She asked me if she'd ever told me about what had happened when she was pregnant with the twins. That's when she told be about the time she visited the third-floor office of her OB/GYN while 9 months pregnant with twins. It seems a group of window-washers surprised her while she was, um, not particularly well clothed.

See, it isn't just me.

Yeah, but you had the choice. Why, oh why, would you get undressed in a room that had NO window coverings?

There was a room at the hospital where I used to work that was set aside for nursing moms to use the breast pump while at work and it had NO window coverings!! It was on the 4th floor and overlooked the woods, but there was an access door to the roof right beside the room. When maintenance had to get on the roof for something, they had to walk past this window. When I needed to use the room after my 2nd baby, I was the assistant to the director for Women's Services. She didn't want to buy shades until I asked her if she wanted to stand naked in that room and HOPE that maintenance didn't need to get on the roof. The next day I was allowed to order blinds for the window!

raebates said:
Unfortunately, she wasn't in labor, so she managed to get really embarrassed. She also got a bit of the paper from the exam table stuck between her cheeks when she tried to scurry off the table and into the changing area. The nurse had to help her remove it.

Oh that poor, poor lady. Nothing like adding insult to injury!!! She should get her delivery costs for free!!

baychef said:
Oh that poor, poor lady. Nothing like adding insult to injury!!! She should get her delivery costs for free!!
And at the prices UPS and FedEx are charging these days, that would be substantial.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
And at the prices UPS and FedEx are charging these days, that would be substantial.

Most moms prefer to use Spee-Dee Delivery in those cases. ;)

janetupnorth said:

Or just the plain ole...GET THIS CHILD OUT OF ME NOW BEFORE I RIP SOMEONE'S HEAD OFF!! service

So when is the big delivery... um... unveiling... oh crap, when is your picture going to be printed?

janetupnorth said:

Now I have an image of Mr. McFeeley from Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood in scrubs delivering a baby...

eeewwww....

Boys and girls, let's go to the Land of Make Believe and start boiling water.

katie0128 said:
Yeah, but you had the choice. Why, oh why, would you get undressed in a room that had NO window coverings?

Oh, it had window coverings, but the drapes were open. Since they were on the third floor without any nearby buildings, she never thought to close them. Thankfully, the nurse closed them before removing the torn paper from her tushie. :p

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Boys and girls, let's go to the Land of Make Believe and start boiling water.

And watch Lady Elaine become Florence Nightengale.

Here it is!The infamous photo was in a special insert in today's paper.

One more thing they neglected to tell me: the article focusing on Dr. Murray is about perimenopause and menopause. :grumpy: I choose to believe that they chose me for the picture because they wanted to show that these are issues even for young, attractive women.

Hey, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :p

Attachments

• No Clothes.jpg
    No Clothes.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 428
DH says that it looks like the caption should be, "Hey, my eyes are up here, buddy!"

You wear paper so well!

"...discuss some health issues with the aid of a model."I thought YOU were the model?

The shoulder pads are cute...I am so glad that they did not show the "model" he has in his hands! And Rae....I think the caption should read..."you SOB, this visit better be free, heck I should get free visits for the rest of my cranky menopausal life!!"

Way to go Rae! I still think it's a great way to help other women out there realize they need to have a yearly check up!

At least the picture wasn't of you with your legs up in the air!

chefann said:
DH says that it looks like the caption should be, "Hey, my eyes are up here, buddy!"

ROFLOL! I agree with your DH.

I clicked on this thread, looked at the photo, then was about to comment on the fact that he should be looking at your eyes...I looked down and saw this comment from Ann and started laughing even more!

I'm just glad that the picture doesn't make it patently obvious that I'm not wearing a bra.

Too bad you weren't wearing your official "post slut" t-shirt.

I saw a corsage on another post that would go great with your paper dress :p

For those who just can't bring themselves to click the link, here's the picture.
NoClothes.jpg
What can I say? Details are very important. :)

You are adorable! :) And a very snappy dresser at that!

That's hot!

Is it just me, or does Dr. Bruce look like an Oompa-Loompa?

Now that you mention it...

it's just you.

I don't think it's just me.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/k/r/krm227/Charlie/oompa3.jpg

Looks like a StarTrek reject.

That's Deep Roy - he's 4'4" tall and has played a myriad of interesting roles in the movies. Never Star Trek, that I know of. He was the chief Oompa Loompa in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (he was all the Oompa Loompas, actually) and a delightfully weird character in Big Fish.And I still say Dr. Bruce looks like an Oompa Loompa.

What sceen from Charlie is that pic from? I just remember the Oompa's from the sceen where we first meet them... by the river.

O.k. - fine, if it will make you happy, Dr. Bruce looks like an Oompa.

Heck, I don't remember which scene - the guy was in almost all of them. Did you notice the WW logo on his chest? There must of been 200 of him rowing the boat on the chocolate river.

Dr. Bruce is actually Dr. William Bruce Murray. That makes him Bill Murray in my book. He does a dead-on Carl from Caddy Shack. He even appreciated my humor when I took a groundhog to the hospital when he performed my hysterectomy.

H2: What is the article about and why will you be in the picture?<p>The article is about several doctors, including my own gynecologist, and will feature a picture of me during a consultation with my doctor. </p>H2: Will you be fully naked in the picture?<p>No, I will not be fully naked in the picture. I will be wearing a paper gown with a lap cover, similar to what one would wear during a medical exam.</p>H2: Why did you agree to be in the picture?<p>I agreed to be in the picture because I thought it would simply be a promotional photo for the hospital. I did not realize it would be published in two local newspapers.</p>H2: Is the photo inappropriate or revealing?<p>No, the photo is not inappropriate or revealing. I am fully covered and no more exposed than if I were wearing a short-sleeved shirt.</p>H2: How did your exam go?<p>My exam went well and my doctor assured me that I am in good health. The photo was just a fun addition to the experience. </p>
H2: What is the article about and why will you be in the picture?

The article is about several doctors, including my own gynecologist, and will feature a picture of me during a consultation with my doctor.

H2: Will you be fully naked in the picture?

No, I will not be fully naked in the picture. I will be wearing a paper gown with a lap cover, similar to what one would wear during a medical exam.

H2: Why did you agree to be in the picture?

I agreed to be in the picture because I thought it would simply be a promotional photo for the hospital. I did not realize it would be published in two local newspapers.

H2: Is the photo inappropriate or revealing?

No, the photo is not inappropriate or revealing. I am fully covered and no more exposed than if I were wearing a short-sleeved shirt.

H2: How did your exam go?

My exam went well and my doctor assured me that I am in good health. The photo was just a fun addition to the experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies