• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

KG: You Were Missed! Don't Stay Away So Long!

That sure beats the cafeteria at the HFM&GV!:DAnd, of course, we've completely hijacked the thread. Yay for us!Yes!!!!!

Did you Miss KG?

• YES, this place just isn't the same without him!

Votes: 49 62.0%
  • NO. (Quite frankly, I don't know anyone who would pick this, but felt compelled to include it.)

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • KG Who?? (Just kidding!!)

Votes: 11 13.9%

• Total voters
You'll really like it, Becky. The Cream Soda and Ginger Ale are really good, too. Of course, so is the Orange Dream, which tastes like a melted creamsicle. mmmm.....
If you want to be totally decadent, use the root beer to make a float with some rich vanilla ice cream.

Better, make it with frozen custard. ;)

The Root Beer was very good - I think the Goose Island is still our favorite, but since it seems that Costco has changed brands.....it will be Sprechters for us now! Costco is very close to Coldstone Creamery, so we will have to make a Coldstone Run next time we go and try the Root Beer Floats.....I love a good Float!:D

...and this is a surprise to you?

Nope. Just funny how my thread always get Hijacked. LOL Plus, I just thought the smiley was cute and I'm obsessed with them now.

Really? We hadn't noticed. :rolleyes:

I recall mentioning a page or two back that this thread had been thoroughly hijacked. And it's only meandered to more topics since then!

But, hey-- it's the Lounge. If you can't have "stream of consciousness" threads in here, where can you have them?

As long as our "stream of consciousness" doesn't turn into a river of sh...well, you get the idea.

chefann said:
I recall mentioning a page or two back that this thread had been thoroughly hijacked. And it's only meandered to more topics since then!

But, hey-- it's the Lounge. If you can't have "stream of consciousness" threads in here, where can you have them?
Who's still conscious?

I am improving my aim though KG, LMAO! We took the boys to grandpa's (aka, DH's step-dad's) and they got to shoot a couple guns, they were so excited, of course, they got to pull the trigger while the adults held the guns, lol. And my DH is now thuroughly scared of me with a weapon, LMAO!

jdavis said:
Who's still conscious?

I am improving my aim though KG, LMAO! We took the boys to grandpa's (aka, DH's step-dad's) and they got to shoot a couple guns, they were so excited, of course, they got to pull the trigger while the adults held the guns, lol. And my DH is now thuroughly scared of me with a weapon, LMAO!

Ummm, Jennifer, I believe your presence was requested over on the Hijack Thread....which is really where you should be anyway!:p

Now we're hijacking posters instead of just threads.

I have no posters, just pictures, framed no less.

I'm not framed although I know somebody who was.

I'm framed on my mantle. does that count?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm not framed although I know somebody who was.

Not framed, just famed right KG?!

lisacb77 said:
I'm framed on my mantle. does that count?
It depends - was there planted evidence?

Planted evidence in your depends? Really, now, I think everyone here is getting just a WEE bit too comfortable with one another!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It depends - was there planted evidence?

No, I moved the bamboo plant off the mantle and then it just died anyway. So much for luck.

I think you're just trying to bamboozle me.

I tried to type in the Lavergne & Shirley song there but I just couldn't spell it.

I have a jacket and necklace with the big L on it.

Oh, thanks. Remind us of that memorial of life in Milwaukee in the '50s. :rolleyes: Thanks to Lavoine and Shoiley, people think the whole city is comprised of brownstones and people with New Joisey accents.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Oh, thanks. Remind us of that memorial of life in Milwaukee in the '50s. :rolleyes: Thanks to Lavoine and Shoiley, people think the whole city is comprised of brownstones and people with New Joisey accents.
...and beer!

Well, the beer is half true.In the 1950's, Milwaukee was The Beer City. The roaring brewing industry included Schlitz, Pabst, Miller (there was only one Miller brewery in those days) Gettleman and Blatz. Except for Miller today, they're all gone.The old Schlitz brewery has been developed into a business park, Blatz is part of the Milwaukee School of Engineering (some buildings have been reused and others razed) the Pabst buildings are all standing empty and the only thing left of Gettleman is Miller Lite - the formula was aquired by Miller in the '60s when they bought Gettleman and the rest of the Lite story is brewing history.Besides Miller, there is now the Sprecher Brewery (discussed in several other threads here) and Lakefront Brewery. There are also a couple of brewpubs in town, but Miller is all that is left of the Beer City days of Lavoine & Shoiley.

And technically, Sprecher is in Glendale, not Milwaukee.

They have a great tour!

[shrug] Which is in Milwaukee County [/shrug] although Sprecher's first plant was in Milwaukee.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
[shrug] Which is in Milwaukee County [/shrug] although Sprecher's first plant was in Milwaukee.
True. But some people are picky about those distinctions. Plymouth and Detroit are both in Wayne county, but don't DARE tell someone from Plymouth that they're from Detroit. :)

chefann said:
True. But some people are picky about those distinctions. Plymouth and Detroit are both in Wayne county, but don't DARE tell someone from Plymouth that they're from Detroit. :)

Ouch! So True...and I know this from experience! Now on this side of the state, it's quite common to just say "Oh I'm from Grand Rapids"....when you are from any number of surrounding towns...like me - I'm actually from Jenison...:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Ouch! So True...and I know this from experience! Now on this side of the state, it's quite common to just say "Oh I'm from Grand Rapids"....when you are from any number of surrounding towns...like me - I'm actually from Jenison...:rolleyes:
I used it the other way around when I was in college. Nobody would know where Clawson is (heck, even some people in the Detroit area don't know where it is!), so I would say that I was from Detroit. That made me a tough cookie in other people's eyes, so they'd leave me alone.

chefann said:
Shouldn't Plymouth be renamed Dodge or Chrysler?

Prob'ly. But it might be named after Plymouth, Mass., rather than the car.

How about DeSoto, then?It's De-lightful
It's De-lovely
It's DeSoto!

See the USA in your Chevrolet.

Have you driven a Ford, lately?

I saw a little GM pickup yesterday with "If I grow up, I want to be a Tahoe" written on the back.

They'll know you've arrived...

IM000528.jpg

I think Edsels are cool. They were just the wrong car at the wrong time.

I classify a PT Cruiser as a hearse for midgets

jasonmva said:
I classify a PT Cruiser as a hearse for midgets
HEY! I drive a PT. I like it! Plenty of room for my show stuff. And at least it has some style instead of just being an oval with wheels.

chefann said:
HEY! I drive a PT. I like it! Plenty of room for my show stuff. And at least it has some style instead of just being an oval with wheels.

I was all ready to buy a PT Cruiser...but we passed the Saturn Dealership on the way, and saw an ORANGE Vue in the lot.......swung in there, test drove that puppy, and a love affair was born! :D I still like PT's tho' (remember - I'm the one married to the Mopar guy.....)

chefann said:
See the USA in your Chevrolet.

Now that jingle keeps running through my head......get out, get out!!!

How 'bout: "This is not your father's Oldsmobile..."

And...if you make it to the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, MI...there is a beautiful Edsel on display! (along with just about any other car you can think of....)

ChefBeckyD said:
Now that jingle keeps running through my head......get out, get out!!!

How 'bout: "This is not your father's Oldsmobile..."
That was real effective, wasn't it? Now it's nobody's oldsmobile.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That was real effective, wasn't it? Now it's nobody's oldsmobile.

So so sad....sigh....I grew up in the Lansing area, and my father, and lots of my friends fathers all worked for Oldsmobile.....part of my childhood - gone!

At least, you still have baseball at Oldsmoboat Park.
06banner1.jpg

<H2>1. Who is KG and why were they missed?</H2><p>KG, also known as The_Kitchen_Guy, is a popular member of the Pampered Chef community known for their sarcastic remarks and insightful comments. They were missed because they had been absent from the community for some time, causing concern among their followers.</p><H2>2. Is KG back for good?</H2><p>While we cannot speak for KG, we are happy to see them back in the community and hope they will continue to engage with us. Only time will tell if they will stay for good.</p><H2>3. Why is KG's sarcasm refreshing and enlightening?</H2><p>KG's sarcastic remarks are often clever and thought-provoking, providing a unique perspective on topics being discussed. This can be refreshing and enlightening for those who appreciate their humor and insight.</p><H2>4. Will KG's absence affect the community?</H2><p>We believe that every member of the community plays an important role, including KG. While their absence may have been felt by some, we are confident that the community will continue to thrive with their return.</p><H2>5. How can we encourage KG to not stay away for so long?</H2><p>As much as we would love to have KG around all the time, we understand that everyone needs a break now and then. The best way to encourage them is to continue to engage with them and show appreciation for their contributions to the community.</p>

Related to KG: You Were Missed! Don't Stay Away So Long!

1. Who is KG and why were they missed?

KG, also known as The_Kitchen_Guy, is a popular member of the Pampered Chef community known for their sarcastic remarks and insightful comments. They were missed because they had been absent from the community for some time, causing concern among their followers.

2. Is KG back for good?

While we cannot speak for KG, we are happy to see them back in the community and hope they will continue to engage with us. Only time will tell if they will stay for good.

3. Why is KG's sarcasm refreshing and enlightening?

KG's sarcastic remarks are often clever and thought-provoking, providing a unique perspective on topics being discussed. This can be refreshing and enlightening for those who appreciate their humor and insight.

4. Will KG's absence affect the community?

We believe that every member of the community plays an important role, including KG. While their absence may have been felt by some, we are confident that the community will continue to thrive with their return.

5. How can we encourage KG to not stay away for so long?

As much as we would love to have KG around all the time, we understand that everyone needs a break now and then. The best way to encourage them is to continue to engage with them and show appreciation for their contributions to the community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Stephanie Fisher
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Becky0216
  • pcchris
  • General Chat
Replies