• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uncovering the Changes: Exploring the Evolution of This Community

but I like to think that they also make people laugh. After all, it's the jokes that keep us coming back, right? ;)I agree, if you can't laugh once in awhile you need to get offline and away from people!
pcchris
Silver Member
Greetings to all of you!

I've been away for a while, and have missed you. So I popped in tonight to see what's been going on...

#1 - Wow - are there a whole bunch of new names here! That's great! :D

#2 - Maybe it's just me, but this site doesn't seem to be the fun, casual, goofy place to be anymore.....what happened?? :( Everyone seems so on edge! This is a great place for new consultants to come and get ideas and help from others...is it really good for new consultants to come on and see all of the negativity?? I just don't know what happened!! I guess that's what I get for staying away so long. :eek:

Anyway just wanted to say hi to everyone....and hopefully Deb and/or Greg won't shut this down...I'm not asking for trouble....I'm just stating my opinion...whether it's right or wrong.

Have a great night....."talk" to all of you soon!! ;)

I guess it depends on what you're reading. You just need to stay away from irrelevant threads. I'm sure we all have better things to do than hang out here too often anyway. Just read the things that are your "forte".

JAE said:
I guess it depends on what you're reading. You just need to stay away from irrelevant threads. I'm sure we all have better things to do than hang out here too often anyway. Just read the things that are your "forte".

Yeah, that's true. I'm just so nosy that I like to read everything....sometimes I guess that can make trouble...huh??? LOL!!!

JAE said:
Well, she'll never read any of my stuff again.

BTW, what's gray and doesn't matter?

An irrelephant.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

An irrelephant.

LMAO!!!

You should know, KG...I ALWAYS read your threads!!! I've never "picked up" any hostility in any of your threads........just good giggles, and some groans once in a while.

Oh yeah.....and lots of information/pictures....keep up the good work! ;)

Don't let the old crusties get to you. Most of us are having a good time. ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Don't let the old crusties get to you. Most of us are having a good time. ;)

Well...good to hear that. There are just some here that seem quick to jump all over people................that ain't right. Of course that's my opinion...I could be wrong!

Hi Chris...good to see you!

Hi Chirs! Nice to see you on this side of the fence too!

pcchris said:
Well...good to hear that. There are just some here that seem quick to jump all over people................that ain't right. Of course that's my opinion...I could be wrong!
Nah, no one from around here would do that, would they?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

An irrelephant.
I wasn't talking about your threads when I wrote that. I don't always have time to read your threads, KG, but it would be because of time, not irritation. :) Sometimes I give up because I don't always get the humor in some of the threads! I'm quite a literal person. When I feel the need to lighten up or learn some new jokes, I do take the time to read a little of the humor on here.:)
I was talking about negative and/or preachy threads in response to the original post on this thread.

I knew that, because I've seen you in my threads. I just can't pass on a good straight line - remember in Roger Rabbit, a 'toon just can't resist the old Shave and a Haircut bit? That's me - sometimes, people around here make setups that I just can't resist. (Like you did, so I could use the irrelephant line again, too!) Some of my hit-and-run posts probably irritate some of those negative types we're talking about and all I can say to that is, "GOOD!"

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Some of my hit-and-run posts probably irritate some of those negative types we're talking about and all I can say to that is, "GOOD!"

I agree, if you can't laugh once in awhile you need to get offline and away from people! ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I knew that, because I've seen you in my threads. I just can't pass on a good straight line - remember in Roger Rabbit, a 'toon just can't resist the old Shave and a Haircut bit? That's me - sometimes, people around here make setups that I just can't resist. (Like you did, so I could use the irrelephant line again, too!)

Some of my hit-and-run posts probably irritate some of those negative types we're talking about and all I can say to that is, "GOOD!"

Your "hit and run" posts always brighten my day!:D

Hit and run!
SMACK!!

run run run run run.... footsteps disappearing in the distance

You can run, but you can't hide. I know where you live.

chefann said:
Hit and run!
SMACK!!

run run run run run.... footsteps disappearing in the distance

Kind of reminds me of ding-dong-ditch...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You can run, but you can't hide. I know where you live.
Yeah- same here!

Where you live, that is. Although I obviously know where I live, too. :)

It's a good thing you know where you live - Chuckie would miss you.BTW - have you seen ABC's Pushing Daisies? Chi McBride's character drives a Lincoln convertible - looks like a '64 but the grill flashed by so quickly in last night's episode that I didn't get a good look at it.I wasn't sure what kind of car it was at first, then I saw the suicide doors.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It's a good thing you know where you live - Chuckie would miss you.

BTW - have you seen ABC's Pushing Daisies? Chi McBride's character drives a Lincoln convertible - looks like a '64 but the grill flashed by so quickly in last night's episode that I didn't get a good look at it.

I wasn't sure what kind of car it was at first, then I saw the suicide doors.

LOL! That sounded just like DH! He can tell you the make, model, and year of
just about any car by looking at the grille, or the tail lights! :D

Hi Chris... I'm probably one of the 'new' faces you're seeing... I'd have to say that some posts might seem on edge but all in all I find this a lovely, happy place to be... otherwise, frankly, I wouldn't have stayed... I have enough drama in my life, without needing more online... LOL... if I sense a 'disturbance in the force' I just tend to skip over those posts... this Mama don't need more drama. LOL..

Lisa, you fit right in around here.

There are some good times - not so good times - and some GREAT GREAT times (Thanks Kitchen Guy)

But all in all, this is a place where if you need help or a listening ear, you will find it here. This is a GREAT place to be - good and bad things happens - but there is always someone here to lend a ear or shoulder

Thanks Greg and Deb

~

I haven't seen that show, but it's been mentioned on the Lincoln Forum. I believe it is a 64. There's another one that's used (at least in the credits) for Entourage. And the sedan in The Matrix was a 60's Lincoln (don't remember the year, but it was late 60s).

I'm tellin' ya son,
You're gonna drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop drivin'
That Hot Rod Lincoln!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Lisa, you fit right in around here.

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at that remark... :p

j/k... I'm glad I fit in here... :cool:

We're all here because we're not all there.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Oh KG you can say that again:)

pcchris said:
#2 - Maybe it's just me, but this site doesn't seem to be the fun, casual, goofy place to be anymore.....what happened?? :( Everyone seems so on edge! This is a great place for new consultants to come and get ideas and help from others...is it really good for new consultants to come on and see all of the negativity?? I just don't know what happened!! I guess that's what I get for staying away so long. :eek:

Hi Chris, guess I'm lucky and have missed what your talking about!!! Anyways welcome back:)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Well, that's good cuz I was never there to begin with but I've heard it's nice. ;)

Yeah, I'm not sure what you're talking about either, but if you wait a few days most storms will blow right over on here. And we all have the luxury of not reading pestersome (like that new word :D) threads!

And there's always the ignore list function, too. :)

Pestersome is already on my ignore list.

chefann said:
And there's always the ignore list function, too. :)

what ignore list?? how do we find it???

nevermind-found it!

Last edited:
OK, Chris, has your thread gotten silly enough yet, lol!
Glad you're back!

The hormone that makes people annoying is Pestosterone.:D

And the hormone "Pestrogen" causes nagging.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Sorry Ann, I think KG trumped you on that one!

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chefmeg said:
what ignore list?? how do we find it???

nevermind-found it!
After this reply, I'm going to just ignore this post.

JAE said:
I wasn't talking about your threads when I wrote that. I don't always have time to read your threads, KG, but it would be because of time, not irritation. :) Sometimes I give up because I don't always get the humor in some of the threads! I'm quite a literal person. When I feel the need to lighten up or learn some new jokes, I do take the time to read a little of the humor on here.:)
I was talking about negative and/or preachy threads in response to the original post on this thread.
oh this post is so true!!!! Especially what I bolded! I'm like you Jae, sometimes, I'm too literal also, or serious, whichever you want to call it... sometimes my hubby will call it B****y! LOL! But I love to make people laugh, and I love to laugh! I guess sometimes I just don't get the "out of the box" stuff!
But then there are posts like this:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
And I caught every bit of KG's meaning and I'm ROTFLMBO!! LOL!:D :D

Back to the original post! Welcome back Chris, we've missed you! And do I need to come over there and "smack or what was it "hit" you"! (inside conference joke!;) )you know that the fun is still here, just look for the fun threads not the ones that are making everyone edgy:yuck: ! Again welcome back!;) :) :balloon:

WELCOME BACK, although I'm not here that much these days...

Hey AJ! How have you been??? Coffee shop coming along???

lacychef said:
OK, Chris, has your thread gotten silly enough yet, lol!
Glad you're back!
thanks, Lacy...........happy to be back, but if things start heating up again, I'm outta here for a while again. I have missed all of you, though!

MissChef said:
oh this post is so true!!!! Especially what I bolded! I'm like you Jae, sometimes, I'm too literal also, or serious, whichever you want to call it... sometimes my hubby will call it B****y! LOL! But I love to make people laugh, and I love to laugh! I guess sometimes I just don't get the "out of the box" stuff!
But then there are posts like this:

And I caught every bit of KG's meaning and I'm ROTFLMBO!! LOL!:D :D

Back to the original post! Welcome back Chris, we've missed you! And do I need to come over there and "smack or what was it "hit" you"! (inside conference joke!;) )you know that the fun is still here, just look for the fun threads not the ones that are making everyone edgy:yuck: ! Again welcome back!;) :) :balloon:

I do believe it was a "smack"....and of course I remember it. You didn't show up, so that does NOT carry over to this year....you blew it...LOL!!!

AJPratt said:
WELCOME BACK, although I'm not here that much these days...

So, then Ann...I could welcome you back too??!?!?!?

Hope all's going well for you!!!

Anne's got pics of her coffee shop on the blog. It's coming along, slowly.
PHOB's Blog - Bravenet Blog
The pics are reachable through the "view photo album" link on the left.

chefann said:
Anne's got pics of her coffee shop on the blog. It's coming along, slowly.
PHOB's Blog - Bravenet Blog
The pics are reachable through the "view photo album" link on the left.

Thanks for the info, Ann! I'll go check it out right now!

Welcome back, Chris! Usually when you stick with KG, you don't get on *itchy threads. I have learned the hard way that when I feel the need to "state my opinion" or "two cents" that it just isn't worth it. I stick to sharing ideas, stealing ideas, supporting and silliness. Check out KG's thread...this really stinks (short).

Don't give me the credit for that one, that was just another silly parody thread that has since taken on a life of it's own. (Blame the participants!) I'm a little more pleased with the HO on Saturday entry. :)

Question #1: Wow - are there a whole bunch of new names here! That's great! :D

Yes, we are always excited to welcome new members to our Pampered Chef community! It's wonderful to see our community grow and to have fresh perspectives and ideas to share.

Question #2: Maybe it's just me, but this site doesn't seem to be the fun, casual, goofy place to be anymore.....what happened?? :(

We understand that there has been a shift in the overall tone and atmosphere of our community. As our community has grown, there may be a wider range of opinions and experiences being shared. We encourage all members to continue to be respectful and supportive of one another, even if there are differing viewpoints.

Question #3: Is it really good for new consultants to come on and see all of the negativity??

We understand your concern and want to assure you that our community is still a supportive and helpful place for new consultants. We encourage all members to focus on the positive aspects of being a part of the Pampered Chef family and to offer support and guidance to new consultants.

Question #4: I just don't know what happened!! I guess that's what I get for staying away so long. :eek:

We can't speak for individual experiences, but as mentioned before, with a larger community, there may be a wider range of opinions and experiences being shared. We hope that you will continue to be a positive and supportive member of our community.

Question #5: Anyway just wanted to say hi to everyone....and hopefully Deb and/or Greg won't shut this down...I'm not asking for trouble....I'm just stating my opinion...whether it's right or wrong.

We appreciate you voicing your concerns and opinions in a respectful manner. Our community values open and honest communication and we encourage all members to continue to share their thoughts and experiences. Thank you for being a part of our Pampered Chef community! :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
ShellBeach