• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surgery Jitters: Prayers Needed for Comfort & Healing

In summary, Crystal had surgery on Monday morning and was feeling nervous about it. She was worried about what would happen, if things would be the same after her hysterectomy, and if she would have someone to watch her kids afterwards. She felt emotional about it and her husband didn't seem to understand. She asked for prayers for comfort, strength, courage, safety, and healing. Others shared their experiences with hysterectomies and reassured her that things would get better. Crystal updated everyone that her surgery went well and she is already feeling better, although she is in pain and missing her kids. She thanks everyone for their thoughts and prayers.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
I'm having surgery on Monday morning & I'm getting very nervous about it. I'm usually not a nervous/scared person at all but this time I am.

What if something happens to me?
Will things be the same (I'm having a hysterectomy)?
What if I can't get someone to watch the kids after this is all done?

I just feel very emotional about all of this & DH doesn't seem to get it.

Could ya'll say a couple of prayers for me? For comfort, strength, courage, safety & healing? OK - so that's more than a couple... Sorry. :)

Thanks everyone!

I'll pray for you now and try to remember Monday! Good news is that those I know that have had that done feel SO much better afterwards in many ways and wish they did it sooner.Fear of that is normal...rest, relax and trust that God's plan is the best.Let us know how it goes when you can next week.

Crystal,

I'll keep you in my prayers. Being emotional before any surgery is natural...been there. Men seem to handle it differently and I know that my dh didn't seem to get it either. I can agree with Janet that I know many friends that have had a hysterectomy are so glad that they did and feel much better now. Focus on what you can work on now, like setting up child care for post op and keep trusting in Him for all things. And know that you have a whole team of cyber prayer buddies praying for you.:angel:

(((((((((((((((((Crystal)))))))))))))))

Crystal, first of all we are all with you and wish you success with your surgery on Monday. I had my hysterectomy 6 years ago and can't tell you how much better my life has been since that. (I have other issues but getting rid of this one really has made a big difference).

I hope and pray that friends/family step up to the plate and help you by keeping an eye on your children during your time of need.

Everything will fall into place.

Crystal...

I pray that God's peace will surround you...and that he brings angels into your life who will help out with all the "details" (childcare, housecleaning, cooking, etc.) I also pray that He is able to give you soothing and deep sleep over the next few nights.

{{{HUGS}}}
Kelly

(((((Hugs)))))

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Crystal~

I was just thinking about you and wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you tomorrow and for a speedy recovery! :)

thinking of you tonight and tomorrow.. ((hugs))

Hysterectomy

Crystal, believe me you will be so glad to be rid of the pain and hassel, month to month. I had mine 9yrs ago, I am only 45, I was having ALOT of pain and cyspt reacurring month after month, Hysterectomy, was the best thing I have ever done. You are going to feel 150% better. And you will have ALOT more engery.

I promise!!!

Prayers to you :)

Crystal,
Let me chime in here also. I had mine in '97 and life has been so much easier without all of the problems that led to the surgery. Recovery will be a bit rough (especially if you've never had any other abdominal surgeries, but in the end life will be much better. I'll be sure to say a prayer for you!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts & prayers!

I had my surgery on Monday & it went perfectly. The doctor had to remove my cervix as well as the uterus (sorry, tmi) but was able to leave my ovaries.

I already feel a ton better aside from the pain of my incisions. Luckily, she was able to do the surgery laporscopically (sp?). I'm taking it easy & missing my kiddos dearly but I know that I need time to recover.

Thank you all again!!

I am so glad things went well. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Crystal~
Thank you for the update! It is so good to hear that all went well and that you are already feeling better! :sing: I'll also be praying for a speedy recovery for you.:angel:

What is "Surgery Jitters: Prayers Needed for Comfort & Healing"?

"Surgery Jitters: Prayers Needed for Comfort & Healing" is a prayer request for someone who is about to undergo surgery. It is a way to ask for comfort and healing during a difficult and uncertain time.

Who can submit a prayer request for "Surgery Jitters: Prayers Needed for Comfort & Healing"?

Anyone who knows someone who is about to have surgery can submit a prayer request for "Surgery Jitters: Prayers Needed for Comfort & Healing". It can be a family member, friend, or even the person who is having surgery themselves.

How can I submit a prayer request for "Surgery Jitters: Prayers Needed for Comfort & Healing"?

You can submit a prayer request by going to the Pampered Chef website and clicking on the "Surgery Jitters: Prayers Needed for Comfort & Healing" page. There you will find a form to fill out with the person's name, surgery date, and any specific prayer requests.

Do I have to be a Pampered Chef customer to submit a prayer request for "Surgery Jitters: Prayers Needed for Comfort & Healing"?

No, you do not have to be a Pampered Chef customer to submit a prayer request. This service is open to anyone who needs support and prayers during a time of surgery.

Will my prayer request be shared publicly?

No, your prayer request will not be shared publicly without your permission. It will only be shared with our team of prayer warriors who will pray for the person undergoing surgery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies