• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kellythechef's Updated Rewards Info: Phone Call with Katie

what is it called again? Oh yeah...Levels. I'm not sure if I want to promote to FD and then have to take the recruitment aspect into consideration. Seems like it would be a lot of extra work and hassle.
Kodeysmom
Gold Member
This was posted on another thread by Kellythechef. Didn't want it to get lost.

Just got off the phone with Katie...

Level One is $300 in conf cash, OR a GIFT CERTIFICATE...or MERCHANDISE (one example was a Kitchen Aid Mixer) She was walking to her class so she didn't have time to give more details.

Level Two Miami Beach

Level Three Riveria Mexico or Paris

Level Four extra night at above

TPC earned extra night too.

Like I said, she was rushed so she didn't even have her notes out and was going off the top of her head...sorry if anything is missing!

Lovin' Miami Beach!!!! Went there several years ago and it was great!

Here is what is required to earn them:

Level One is $300 in PC dollars, OR a GIFT CERTIFICATE (to various
places)...or MERCHANDISE (one example was a Kitchen Aid Mixer)
Consultant: 23000 + 1 recruit
FD : 23000 + 1 recruit
Director: 23000 + 2 recruits

Level Two 4 Days 3 nights in Miami Beach (Fontainbleu)
Consultant: 56000 points + 1 recruit
FD: 54000 points + 2 recruits
Director: 52000 + 4 recruits

Level Three 5 Days 4 nights in Mexican Riviera or Paris
Consultant: 78000 + 1 recruit
FD: 76000 + 3 recruits
Director: 74000 + 6 recruits

Level Four extra night at above (don't know requirements)

I don't agree with having to recruit to earn the incentive!!!!!! Recruiting is not something we all want to do (at least for right now!). This really makes me mad to hear about it. I earned Level 1 this year during my first year with PC and I wouldn't have if I had needed a recruit. It's not something that fits into my schedule right now. I really thought PC was about their consultants not just about building their business. This really lets me down :(

Wow - that's disappointing. I'm not sure I want recruits at this point either, but to earn anything I need to have at least 1. Then what's the point of busting your behind and earning incentive points if you don't want a recruit??

I agree! Recruiting is not in everyone's plans for the immediate future...or everyone's cup of tea! :( I can't believe they're putting that stipulation on it! I'm hoping to become a future director by year's end...but what's to say that it's not in God's plan for me to spend this year getting to know the business really well and building myself, before I can help build someone else?

Sigh...not happy about that stipulation.

I know I could earn level one (and hopefully level 2), but not sure about the recruiting factor.

I have to agree - I've been a consultant for the last 2 1/2 years and have yet to recruit anyone - only a couple have shown interest but then decided against. I was just under 3000 shy of level 1 this year and was really hoping to get even that. Granted I'm not giving up the idea that I will recruit people this year - I just wish they offered the incentive at just a consultant level as well. (Even if they upped the points needed) Also, what happens if you recruit and they qualify but let's say decide to quit or go inactive before the year is out? What happens then?

I'm not giving up on the idea of recruiting either, I will take it if it happens. But I'm not out there activily searching for recruits. I talk about it at my shows and ask people when they check out. And I do follow up with everyone who asks but am not activily recruiting. I do want to promote in the future, it's just not something that will happen right now. *Playing Devil's Advocate here* but what's going to stop someone from signing a friend up, helping them qualify just to get a trip?? I know my aunt wanted the kit without doing the shows...

I'm curious to see if it continues to be a requirement in future years...b/c I'm going to guess that this is not going to be "happily received" incentive goal. Not to say that I dont' plan to recruit...look at my siggie...but some people aren't planning on it. Guess I can't wait until I get more comfortable in my business if I want to get to go on a trip.

I've got a question about the incentive level requirements. Let's say that I promote to FD this year...does that count as my FD +2, since I didn't have any recruits to start with? :confused:

That is a HUGE bummer! Some people are happy just as consultants and have no desire to recruit but may do well in their sales so they don't get Any incentive for how well they do in the end without a recruit???

I am not exactly happy about the recruiting being a stipulation for earning a level. That isn't very fair I was 4,000 away from earning level one. Recruiting doesn't come easy for anyone.

ChefJoyJ said:
I've got a question about the incentive level requirements. Let's say that I promote to FD this year...does that count as my FD +2, since I didn't have any recruits to start with? :confused:

Yes, I would think that the two would count. As long as you are future director by the deadline and have had 2 recruits during the year.

Yes, the 2 recruits qualify toward the incentive and you will get points for them qualifying to reduce the trip too.
This is starting my 10th year with PC and I have earned a trip every year at least level 2 and some years I have not recruited any one year I recruited 9 so I agree. Totally off Pampered Chef's normal idea of being able to run your business your way. I had 4 last year but that was all in March and not one since. It isn't something I every make someone do. When I started they said do 2 shows a week and earn the top level trip then they keep upping it so you have to sell 4 days a week and now recruit too! I hope PC sees how unhappy people are and change their decision since that is something they just started doing too. (redeeming pan-o-rama)

Or maybe this is a mis-type since we haven't seen the official pc info yet.

I am dissapointed as well. I feel like it is putting our future in someone elses hands. What if I bust my but to get the sales and points and even sign one or 2 people but they do not work out? I feel like if you bust your tail for the sales you should get the reward. Wether or not you sign someone should not matter.

trps said:
Yes, the 2 recruits qualify toward the incentive and you will get points for them qualifying to reduce the trip too.
This is starting my 10th year with PC and I have earned a trip every year at least level 2 and some years I have not recruited any one year I recruited 9 so I agree. Totally off Pampered Chef's normal idea of being able to run your business your way. I had 4 last year but that was all in March and not one since. It isn't something I every make someone do. When I started they said do 2 shows a week and earn the top level trip then they keep upping it so you have to sell 4 days a week and now recruit too! I hope PC sees how unhappy people are and change their decision since that is something they just started doing too. (redeeming pan-o-rama)

Or maybe this is a mis-type since we haven't seen the official pc info yet.

I agree... I will not get too upset untill I hear "Official" info!

I don't put much effort into recruiting mostly b/c in my area we have SO many consultants. I've learned that the people who are most interested ask me. The problem I have with recruiting is this job is hard work. Period. It's fun, but it does take commitment. Sometimes in those fllyers, etc it makes it sound so easy. But, to get those trips, when those prizes, it takes HARD work. I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking, "oh i'll join PC for an easy way to make money". Don't get me wrong, it's the fun kind of hard work, but it's not a piece of cake. I've earned every penny I've made. Whew!So, as well I am bummed about recruits being a stipulation.

I'm amazed that at the consultant level even you have to have a recruit now. I can somewhat understand at the upper levels; they want you to focus on building your team more.

Yes Joy, if you promote to FD, then those 2 recruits count. Just make sure that they QUALIFY by the deadline. If you read my past thread; that was my mistake--not understanding that. I promoted to FD on Dec 1; recruited 2 last year, but neither qualified. I earned it by my sales requirement for that level though. Just make sure you understand all the rules ahead of time!

lacychef said:
I'm amazed that at the consultant level even you have to have a recruit now. I can somewhat understand at the upper levels; they want you to focus on building your team more.

Yes Joy, if you promote to FD, then those 2 recruits count. Just make sure that they QUALIFY by the deadline. If you read my past thread; that was my mistake--not understanding that. I promoted to FD on Dec 1; recruited 2 last year, but neither qualified. I earned it by my sales requirement for that level though. Just make sure you understand all the rules ahead of time!

If they qualify, then go inactive...any idea if you'll still qualify for the trip? I mean, you did recruit, they did qualify, and then they went inactive...

One they qualify, Im sure it counts. You get 2000 extra points that they do not take away. I have had several :( to go inactive but the points stayed.

buzz26 said:
I don't put much effort into recruiting mostly b/c in my area we have SO many consultants. I've learned that the people who are most interested ask me. The problem I have with recruiting is this job is hard work. Period. It's fun, but it does take commitment. Sometimes in those fllyers, etc it makes it sound so easy. But, to get those trips, when those prizes, it takes HARD work. I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking, "oh i'll join PC for an easy way to make money". Don't get me wrong, it's the fun kind of hard work, but it's not a piece of cake. I've earned every penny I've made. Whew!

So, as well I am bummed about recruits being a stipulation.

I have to agree. I too am bummed, but hoping the official information will explain it better.
One of the reasons I chose PC is because it was so different than Mary Kay and Premier.

I am right there with you girls. I live on the delvarva cost and we have a Million dollar director here. Our area is saturated with consultants. I have never done a show where someone does not mention our director or her top 3 as one of the shows they went too. (in the past 3 months)

I am trying to build a lot of loyal repeat coustomers that is the only way I think I can make a real income from the PC. & I want that... because it let me stays home with my little ones.

Oh and yes It does take work to do it right and to build that customer base.
I had hopes for a trip this year but. I doubt that will happen. Everyone knows there are a lot of consultants. But I will try.

I don't at all like the fact that you HAVE to recruit to get a trip. I am a new consultant, and I was hoping to really push to earn a trip in my first year...or at least level 1...but to HAVE to have a recruit...so much for "Your Life, Your Way" if it was including earning incentives without recruits... :(

I am right there with you girls. I live on the delvarva cost and we have a Million dollar director here. Our area is saturated with consultants. I have never done a show where someone does not mention our director or her top 3 as one of the shows they went too. (in the past 3 months)

I am trying to build a lot of loyal repeat coustomers that is the only way I think I can make a real income from the PC. & I want that... because it let me stays home with my little ones.

Oh and yes It does take work to do it right and to build that customer base.
I had hopes for a trip this year but. I doubt that will happen. Everyone knows there are a lot of consultants. But I will try.

Im right there with you. My town is not saturated, but we do have a consultant that is in the top 20 with PC everyyear. Last year she did $110,000 in sales and like 40 some recruits. Everyshow, every vendor fair, someone mentions her. I have a pretty strong customer base but they aren't interested in joining. I'm happy just selling, I made Level 2 in the sellathon Level One in sales for the gift card for conference, it would just be nice to get a trip!

Miami just doesnt excite me like the cruise did. I'm going to do my best to get the trip but if I dont, oh well. I know that sounds pessimistic and Im not, I just was hoping for something to get me better motivated!

I am doing a Bridal Fair on the 26th - keep you fingers crossed for me that something good comes out of that!

Pardon the silly question from the newbie but how do you get the points? Are they based on your sales? Like 1 pt=$1 in commissionable sales?
See this is the problem with newer consultants recruiting. The recruits have to figure things out and share them with the person who recruited them. I don't really want to recruit anyone while I still have so much to learn myself!!

buckeyefan08 said:
Pardon the silly question from the newbie but how do you get the points? Are they based on your sales? Like 1 pt=$1 in commissionable sales?
See this is the problem with newer consultants recruiting. The recruits have to figure things out and share them with the person who recruited them. I don't really want to recruit anyone while I still have so much to learn myself!!
Yes, you get 1 point for each $1 in commissionable sales, 2000 points for every new recruit that QUALIFIES, and 3000 points for promoting to Director.

buckeyefan08 said:

I know what you mean, but I just recruited someone in Dec (I just joined mid-Oct), and I told her that since obviously I'm new too, we get to learn and figure things out together. This business is even more fun when you have a friend to share it with! Plus, she knows she has my upline as a wonderful resource whenever I don't know the answer to something. Recruiting isn't easy... but I love sharing my business with others!

Thanks Ellen & Laura!
You're right Laura! My recruiter and I are more friends than anything. It doesn't cause a problem that she doesn't have all the answers. Hey who does!?! Thanks for making me feel better. I was starting to think a trip was out of the question for me! When you live in Ohio and it's January a Miami resort sure sounds wonderful!!!

Plus - we have online training now (wish we'd had it when I joined) and really it is up to your Director (if you are lucky to have an awesome one like me) to train your recruit, with you being there for guidance and to work along side her with the recruit - and learning at the same time! You are not expected to totally train your recruit yourself.

IMHO, Pampered Chef does want you to recruit. It's in everything you see. Especially the 3-2-1 (1 recruit). I just started 4 months ago and recruiting has always seemed like "part of the job" as far as everything I've read and learned. Every company wants to grow, and recruiting is how our company grows. I don't understand why it's any different than asking someone to book a show. Excuse me being naive and new, but why don't you all want to recruit? :confused:

I'm all for recruiting. Sometimes it's easier said than done though. A lot of the consultants here are hobbyiest's too. I would hate to have all the points for a trip from sales and then miss out on it because I couldn't recruit.

I am shockedI am so shocked by everyone's response to the recruiting requirements for the new incentive trip. I can hardly believe it when people say "they don't want recruits" or aren't "actively" recruiting. I know this sounds harsh, and I don't want to be harsh, but do you honestly thing that you are the ONLY person in the room each time you have a Cooking Show who needs...a night out...extra money...a sense of accomplishment...cooking skills...friends...free trips...free/discounted product and all of the other benefits our opportunity provides? Stop being so selfish with your business. Maybe if you "actively" offered the opportunity, you would grow your business, help someone else realize a dream AND go to on the trip.

chefjenniffer said:
I am so shocked by everyone's response to the recruiting requirements for the new incentive trip. I can hardly believe it when people say "they don't want recruits" or aren't "actively" recruiting. I know this sounds harsh, and I don't want to be harsh, but do you honestly thing that you are the ONLY person in the room each time you have a Cooking Show who needs...a night out...extra money...a sense of accomplishment...cooking skills...friends...free trips...free/discounted product and all of the other benefits our opportunity provides? Stop being so selfish with your business. Maybe if you "actively" offered the opportunity, you would grow your business, help someone else realize a dream AND go to on the trip.

I never said I don't recruit (I am one that said I don't activley recruit). I talk about it at every show, I have information in my flip top chart that I talk about during EVERY show. I ask everyone during check out and I follow up with everyone. I have a few leads but none of them have panned out so far. I don't believe that you have to recruit in the business to do what YOU want to do. This is my business and I can run it like I want to. I just don't think it's fair that I can reach the level I want to but not acheive anything if I cannot get someone to recruit. Trust me, I've tried and have a few fence sitters but nothing is working on them. I don't think it is fair that I had over $25,000 in sales my first year and acheived Level 1 with no recruiting points but if I do that this year, I don't get anything for my effort. That's all I was saying this morning. And there are some people out there who are just doing this as a hobby and don't want to build a team (I have a good friend in another direct sales company and I don't think she's selfish just because she doesn't want to recruit). I personally don't have the time right now with a full time job, PC, family, etc to try to build a team - why should I be punished by not earning an incentive for that?? Why can they not give an extra incentive for those who recruit??

Plus, don't call me or anyone on here selfish. You do not know me and don't know the situations I am in or anyone else one here. I think that's a little rude.

I think it's perfectly fine not to recruit. It's your choice, but I think it's fine for PC to say you're not going to get a trip if you don't. It's their choice, too. But I think that chefjennifer is right, too. And if you do offer the opportunity, eventually someone will take you up on it. The key is to be there, be available, and believe in them. I believe in my recruits more than I believe in myself. Having seen the testimonies of some of the amazing women of this company, I know that the sky's the limit!

By the way, do you know that if you achieve Level 1 that you are in the top 10% of the company???

I agree with wadesgirl! Reward those that do recruit but don't punish those who don't. If PC isn't the only thing going on in your life it could simply be a timing issue. It takes a lot of work and effort to try to make your recruits as successful as they can be. If they aren't confident in what they are doing how can you be confident in what you are doing. Your team is what you have made it and if your team doesn't do very well how well can you do? They want us to grow but unsuccessful growth isn't really growth at all is it?

chefjennifer - that was a little harsh for a first post! Not all of us said we didnt want to recruit. I have recruited and have 3 active - and I do offer the opportunity enthusiastically at everyshow - Im definitely not selfish. I live in a small town - everyone has heard of the company - most are happy buying or hosting - Im lucky that way. I teach and do this parttime and to achieve Level 1 is an honor for me - a trip would be great but Im not going to stress myself out over it either by feeling like I HAVE to recruit. I'll still offer it like always and if they sign up, wonderful! Im happy to have them on my team!

By the way, do you know that if you achieve Level 1 that you are in the top 10% of the company???

My new goal? To be in the top 10% of the company - and then some (I still want level 2)!! :)

chefjenniffer said:
I am so shocked by everyone's response to the recruiting requirements for the new incentive trip. I can hardly believe it when people say "they don't want recruits" or aren't "actively" recruiting. I know this sounds harsh, and I don't want to be harsh, but do you honestly thing that you are the ONLY person in the room each time you have a Cooking Show who needs...a night out...extra money...a sense of accomplishment...cooking skills...friends...free trips...free/discounted product and all of the other benefits our opportunity provides? Stop being so selfish with your business. Maybe if you "actively" offered the opportunity, you would grow your business, help someone else realize a dream AND go to on the trip.

Wow! That was inspiring, especially coming from a trainer....what a way to show the positive side of things.

I don't think its fair to call those who don't go out of their way to recruit selfish. I would LOVE to have recruits and build a team, and I don't think it's fair that if I work my tail off and have enormous sales, that I don't get a trip simply because I didn't have a recruit. As I said, I would LOVE to have recruits, but I live in a very rural area, and not too many folks here are real quick to take up something like PC. It doesn't take too many consultants in this area to become saturated...and as a newbie, I am having a hard enough time getting as many shows as I want, let alone recruits. I just don't think PC is allowing us to live our life "our way" if they start requiring recruits for incentives...Achieving the sales needed in this area is hard enough...if we are able to do that, it's not fair to deny us simply because we didn't have anyone bite on the business opportunity. IMO that's not selfish on my part as a consultant....but perhaps on PC's part as a company. Not everyone is in it for building a team, and it's not selfish or wrong of them to want to run their business that way. We should be allowed to grow or not to grow at our own pace....

jenne said:
I don't think its fair to call those who don't go out of their way to recruit selfish. I would LOVE to have recruits and build a team, and I don't think it's fair that if I work my tail off and have enormous sales, that I don't get a trip simply because I didn't have a recruit. As I said, I would LOVE to have recruits, but I live in a very rural area, and not too many folks here are real quick to take up something like PC. It doesn't take too many consultants in this area to become saturated...and as a newbie, I am having a hard enough time getting as many shows as I want, let alone recruits. I just don't think PC is allowing us to live our life "our way" if they start requiring recruits for incentives...Achieving the sales needed in this area is hard enough...if we are able to do that, it's not fair to deny us simply because we didn't have anyone bite on the business opportunity. IMO that's not selfish on my part as a consultant....but perhaps on PC's part as a company. Not everyone is in it for building a team, and it's not selfish or wrong of them to want to run their business that way. We should be allowed to grow or not to grow at our own pace....

I agree...I am fairly new as well and was hoping to "work on learning the business" before trying to pull others into it. I don't feel comfortable recruiting when I'm still working on just the basics.

Wow! That was inspiring, especially coming from a trainer....what a way to show the positive side of things.

No doubt.

Jenniffer, if that's the way you became a Director and train your downline, I believe I'll be just as happy staying a lowly consultant, recruits or not. It's bad enough to see these people who have lousy Directors and have to go to others for help because they don't get it from their own upline. To see a Senior Director spew that kind of tripe as a first post, lol, all I can say is thank God my Director is a sweetheart.

chefjenniffer said:

I find that most people know by now that I'm going to do a "recruit" speech. They hear it at every home party they go to and they hear how great the incentives and pay checks are. The also know that I get a percentage of their sales. I mention it and tell them if they are interested we can talk. That's it.

If someone wants to sell...great...I hope they love it as much as I do. But, I will not waste people's time by hounding them. I think it's insulting.

buzz26 said:
I find that most people know by now that I'm going to do a "recruit" speech. They hear it at every home party they go to and they hear how great the incentives and pay checks are. The also know that I get a percentage of their sales. I mention it and tell them if they are interested we can talk. That's it.

If someone wants to sell...great...I hope they love it as much as I do. But, I will not waste people's time by hounding them. I think it's insulting.
I think that is the difference between those of us who have a hard time recruiting and those that don't. They don't look at it as hounding them. They look for clues that people may be interested and then offer information. They have the mindset that they are truly offering an opportunity. This is what I have to work on. PC has bettered my life, so why wouldn't it work for someone else too? Someone may be interested, but not want to ask more questions. If I can catch someone's cues and offer them information on the business that is a good thing. I need to get over the feeling that I'm hounding them and realize that I could be doing them a favor. Also, if you ask permission to follow up then it's not hounding. If they say no, or not right now when I call then that's ok.

I don't have a problem with the new trip requirements since I am actively recruiting to become a director and this will give me more incentive. But I am very surprised that it is a requirement in order to earn anything. Since a trip is a perk I guess HO can set any rules that they want to on them. It does kinda suck and I'm sure that there will be some cheaters and I do hate it that someone with the minimum $$$ of sales and a recruit or two will earn something that someone with super high sales will not. But it is a perk and HO sets the rules.

One of my sister directors said something this weekend that really got me... "Give everyone the opportunity to tell you no. If you don't, you aren't giving them the opportunity to tell you yes".

When I first started my business recruiting was not my number one priority. I wish I would have come in thinking it was what I was "supposed" to do. I came home from NC '06 and decided to start asking everyone and it really does work. I know it's not everyone's dream to be a director, or to even be a future, but why not just ask. I really think the company has been moving towards this since last leadership with 3-2-1. The big push has been recruiting. I completely understand those who are upset about it, but I guarantee you that if you ask everyone at every show you do if they would be interested in the opportunity, you'll find a yes this year, and, if you have the sales, you'll earn your trip. If you are a consultant, it's your directors responsibility to train your newbie, so the work load shouldn't increase for you. Change is always hard, but it is something that helps us grow and become better at what we do.

Just my 2 cents for what it may (or may not) be worth.

It's funny seeing everyone say it's the director's responsibility to train. New consultants aren't always told that and unless they read it here, they don't know. I wasn't trained. My recruiter has given me a little help but I've only spoken with her once in a month. (She's backed off PC a bit because of other things in her life.) Even then, she's a new consultant too so I found myself telling her things she didn't know. I'm one to just jump in and learn everything I can but I know others aren't like that. That's why I love this site, btw!

I think it's important for us, as recruiters, to make sure our new recruits are aware of this and are willing to accept help and training without feeling they're putting anyone out. It's equally important for the directors to be willing to train and if they're not, to give us someone to turn to. There's nothing worse than getting into something and feeling like you're the only one in it. Kind of like being alone on a deserted island.

iteachurkid said:
Change is always hard, but it is something that helps us grow and become better at what we do.
This is definitely something I am guilty of always forgetting. I get caught up in the downer of something without seeing the upside. Thanks for reminding me that I started my business to grow as a person!

1. What is the first level of rewards for Pampered Chef consultants?

The first level of rewards is $300 in conference cash, which can be used towards attending a conference, or a gift certificate or merchandise, such as a Kitchen Aid Mixer.

2. What is the second level of rewards for Pampered Chef consultants?

The second level of rewards is a trip to Miami Beach.

3. What is the third level of rewards for Pampered Chef consultants?

The third level of rewards is a trip to either Riveria Mexico or Paris.

4. Is there an additional reward for reaching the fourth level?

Yes, consultants who reach the fourth level will also receive an extra night at the chosen trip destination.

5. Do consultants at all levels earn an extra night?

Yes, consultants at all levels, including those who earn the TPC reward, will receive an extra night at the trip destination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
rebeccastt
Replies
Views
Admin Greg