• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did My First Three Shows and Now I'm Out of Contacts...

In summary, my Grand Opening was successful with four people showing. My two best friends each booked a show, but I'm still looking for an outside order. My third show was successful with three people, but I'm still looking for an outside order. I'm wearing logo wear out, using the catalog tote and I've papered my town with flyers, catalogs, etc. I'm going to a baby shower for one of my hosts on the 15th (helping throw it actually) and I'm going to see some people there that I might be able to talk to about hosting but I don't want to take the focus off my friend and her special day.
mylilchunkymonkey
Hi Ladies,

My Grand Opening was Oct. 4. Four people showed - my mom, my director and my two best friends. My two best friends each booked a show. Got five outside orders - one from my aunt in another state, one from a former co-worker (who was emphatic about loving our products but NOT wanting to EVER book a show), and three teachers from my best friend's daughter's school. Did follow-up letters to all outside orders but couldn't do calls to the teachers (my best leads, most likely) because they had the orders delivered to the school and didn't give me phone numbers, although I did get home addresses.

Oct. 24th - Second Show. Four people showed - my two best friends again (one was the host), my host's mother-in-law (who placed a $300 order :love:) and my mom. No outside orders yet but she may have one by tomorrow before I close her show. One booking from host's mother-in-law for Nov. 6th.

Oct. 25th - Third Show. Three people showed - my two best friends (the other was that night's host) and my mom (I love my mom :p). One outside order from host's mother-in-law who is on medical leave and not able to do a show because of medical issues. She may possibly get another order from her aunt in another state.

So ladies, I'm stuck. I KNOW that my hosts passed out invites and put in the time calling and everything because we made a party of it on Thursday and we DID think we'd get more people. I've been doing my daily contacts but no luck. I am hoping that someone shows up to the party on the 6th (someone outside my circle) that will host a show for me. Otherwise, I'm going downhill FAST.

I'm wearing logo wear out, using the catalog tote and I've papered my town with flyers, catalogs, etc. I'm going to a baby shower for one of my hosts on the 15th (helping throw it actually) and I'm going to see some people there that i might be able to talk to about hosting but I don't want to take the focus off my friend and her special day, know what I mean?

Any ideas on where to go from here?

Thanks!

Deep calming breaths......
You are doing GOOD things!!
Sometimes we do not see results as fast as we would like them. But you are taking the right steps.
Talk to your Director and ask her if she knows of any Booths in your area. A $15-$20 investment at a church bazaar can get you out of your circle fast. Also, go shopping in a neighboring town. Wnder the aisle and give out recipe cards. You may get lucky :)
Keep up the great work, you will see results :)

I agree with Cheryl, you are doing a great job! Encourage your next host to have each of their guests bring a friend with them. That will hopefully give you some great contacts. Look for a file on here, I think it's call 118 ways to get bookings. I remember going over that file ALOT when I first started my business.

Thanks ladies. My director gave me that flyer (118 ways) to use and I have been highlighting things to try this week. I am going to take it slow this week since I've picked up a nasty case of laryngitis and I have a lot of family stuff this week (it is our son's first Halloween!). I am going to get a newsletter ready to send by e-mail and one to send regular mail and try to get them out advertising our awesome November stoneware specials by the end of the week and hopefully, that will help!

Try to see if there are fairs, harvest festivals, etc. where you can rent a space. Fairs/Booths are a great way to get leads.

Ask for referrals from neighbors, friends, family...call them...no emailing!

I agree you are doing well!!! Chin up!

mylilchunkymonkey said:
Thanks ladies. My director gave me that flyer (118 ways) to use and I have been highlighting things to try this week. I am going to take it slow this week since I've picked up a nasty case of laryngitis and I have a lot of family stuff this week (it is our son's first Halloween!). I am going to get a newsletter ready to send by e-mail and one to send regular mail and try to get them out advertising our awesome November stoneware specials by the end of the week and hopefully, that will help!

Try something new everyday! You just never know where you'll find business. Did you ask your aunt from out of state if she would hold a catalog show for you? It might not bring in many bookings but may help with some sales for you.

mylilchunkymonkey said:
Any ideas on where to go from here?

Thanks!

What about asking your friends that hosted your 2nd and 3rd parties for their guest list. Then call all the people that didn't make it on the day. You can say something like:

"Sorry you couldn't make it to xxx's show, although we had a great time you were missed! As you were unable to come to xxx's show, I was wondering if you wanted to place an order?" wait for a yes, or no response.

if yes, obviously take the order but ask "would you like to get that item free?" then list the host benefits, and ask for a booking.

if no, say something like "no problem. say, one of the best ways to thank a hostess for inviting you to a show is to book your own, as your booking will add extra points to her hostess bonuses. With Christmas fast approaching, I'm finding November and December dates are flying out of my diary! What do you think?"

You might get someone take you up on the offer. I've been able to get a couple of bookings in close by pushing the "christmas is coming dates are really popular" angle.

Also, I know you said you didn't have home numbers for the teachers, but do you collect your daughter from school? Could you arrive a little early and try to see them, do it as a customer care. "Have your purchases arrived, how are you finding them etc.?" Then mention how busy Nov and Dec are, everyone wanting to do Christmas shopping etc. Then you can suggest a show. Or could you ask the school about doing a table top in the staff room at lunch? Or in the yard at the end of the school day, get a chance to talk to the other mums?

HTH

Jane
x

To add to everyone else's response, have you gone over your list of 100 yet? That might be a great place to start.

ETA: Another idea would be to Pamper a Business (there are a few thread's on this topic here on CS).

I'm new to the PC business as well and don't know many people in the area that I live because of having lived in another state for a few years. My director told me that she got started by calling local businesses and offering to bring them free brownies if they would let her leave catalogs, etc. in their waiting rooms. I tried this the other day with my insurance agent's office, and of course, they didn't turn down the brownies. One of the women from the office is planning on hosting a show and she also took a catalog to her second job to pass around which sparked interest. I thought this was kind of a neat way to make more contacts, especially with people I already do business with.

What should I do if I've done my first three shows and now I'm out of contacts?

If you've run out of contacts after your first three shows, don't worry! Here are some steps you can take:

• Reach out to your friends and family: Start by contacting your closest connections and let them know you've started a new business with Pampered Chef. They might be interested in hosting a show or making a purchase.
  • Utilize social media: Share your Pampered Chef business on your social media accounts. You never know who might be interested in hosting a show or buying products.
  • Attend vendor events: Look for local fairs, festivals, and other events where you can set up a booth and showcase Pampered Chef products. This is a great way to reach a larger audience and potentially make new contacts.
  • Join online communities: There are many online communities and groups dedicated to cooking, food, and home products. Join these groups and share your Pampered Chef business with them.
  • Ask for referrals: Don't be afraid to ask your current customers or show hosts for referrals. They may know someone who would be interested in hosting a show or making a purchase.

How can I prevent running out of contacts after my first three shows?

If you want to avoid running out of contacts after your first three shows, here are some tips to keep in mind:

• Always be networking: Make it a habit to talk about your Pampered Chef business everywhere you go. You never know who might be interested in hosting a show or buying products.
  • Utilize social media regularly: Consistently post about your Pampered Chef business on your social media accounts and engage with your followers. This will help you reach a larger audience and potentially make new contacts.
  • Continuously book shows: Make sure to always have shows booked in advance so you have a steady stream of contacts to work with.
  • Attend team meetings and training: Your team leaders and fellow consultants can provide valuable tips and advice on how to grow your business and maintain a strong customer base.
  • Attend Pampered Chef events: Attend local, regional, and national Pampered Chef events to connect with other consultants and learn new strategies for growing your business.

Can I still be successful with my Pampered Chef business if I've run out of contacts after my first three shows?

Yes, you can still be successful with your Pampered Chef business even if you've run out of contacts after your first three shows. Here are some things to keep in mind:

• Don't give up: Building a successful business takes time and effort. Keep pushing forward and trying new strategies to grow your customer base.
  • Focus on customer retention: Make sure to provide excellent customer service and follow up with your customers after their purchases. This can lead to repeat business and potential referrals.
  • Diversify your customer base: Don't rely solely on your personal contacts. Attend events, join online communities, and utilize social media to reach a wider audience.
  • Stay positive: It's natural to feel discouraged when you run out of contacts, but try to stay positive and keep a can-do attitude. Your determination and hard work will pay off in the long run.

What are some effective ways to find new contacts for my Pampered Chef business?

If you're looking for new contacts for your Pampered Chef business, here are some ways to find them:

• Attend vendor events: Set up a booth at local fairs, festivals, and other events to reach a larger audience and potentially make new contacts.
  • Join online communities: Look for online groups and communities dedicated to cooking, food, and home products. Join these groups and share your Pampered Chef business with them.
  • Ask for referrals: Don't be afraid to ask your current customers or show hosts for referrals. They may know someone who would be interested in hosting a show or making a purchase.
  • Utilize social media: Regularly post about your Pampered Chef business on your social media accounts and engage with your followers. This can help you reach a wider audience and potentially make new contacts.
  • Network in person: Attend local networking events and talk to people about your business. You may find new contacts who are interested in hosting a show or making

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • ckarasevic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies