• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Moved and Need to Start Business Again!

In summary, this person is recommending that the newcomer look for local newcomer's clubs and networking groups, and start networking. They are also suggesting that the newcomer check out any booths (fairs etc.) and meet their neighbors. Finally, they are suggesting that the newcomer tell everyone they meet what they do.
sparkles17
I just started TPC in March and I moved three weeks ago to a different part of the Bay Area. I am 1 hr away from where I lived before, but where I live its not that fun to commute and drive around, plus I just started my business. I had my show, my friends show up north (3 hrs away) and 1 with my old landlord.

So...I am seeking the advise of the all mighty and wise Cheffers....

Are you sure you're talking about us?

Having never had to move my PC business, I don't have lots of great advice. Just remember to be a walking billboard, and always make sure you're prepared with catalogs, order forms, host kits, etc.

Good luck!

I am getting ready to move my business for the second time. My advice to you is to make sure you find a hospitality director ASAP, if you haven't already. Second, pick up the newspaper and look for local newcomer's clubs and networking groups, and start networking. Also in the paper, start combing through every week for upcoming fairs and see if you can set up a booth there. Call the local chamber of commerce and see if they have any info on arts and crafts show coming up. But DON't sign up for the Chamber, it's too expensive and you don't need it. But some do have monthly mixers that you can attend for a small fee without having to join the Chamber. You can also go to your local Baby's R Us, YMCA, or health clubs and see if and when they are planning any health fairs. You can also go to David's Bridal and see if they are having any fairs in the store that you could set up a table for, at the very least, leave your cards since PC has a relationship with David's. You can also go door to door and start meeting your neighbors and tell them what you do and leave them with a catalog. Most of all, tell everyone you meet what you do. Say something like "Hi, I'm new in the area and am just building my business here. May I offer you my business card or catalog? Great! By the way if you know anyone who loves to cook or loves PC, would you mind passing my information to them? I offer a great referral gift when you send someone my way!" (you could offer them a discount or something like a small batter bowl)

Hope this helps! Good luck!

I'm getting ready to move as well. Thanks for the good ideas!

Debrachef said:
I am getting ready to move my business for the second time. My advice to you is to make sure you find a hospitality director ASAP, if you haven't already. Second, pick up the newspaper and look for local newcomer's clubs and networking groups, and start networking. Also in the paper, start combing through every week for upcoming fairs and see if you can set up a booth there. Call the local chamber of commerce and see if they have any info on arts and crafts show coming up. But DON't sign up for the Chamber, it's too expensive and you don't need it. But some do have monthly mixers that you can attend for a small fee without having to join the Chamber. You can also go to your local Baby's R Us, YMCA, or health clubs and see if and when they are planning any health fairs. You can also go to David's Bridal and see if they are having any fairs in the store that you could set up a table for, at the very least, leave your cards since PC has a relationship with David's. You can also go door to door and start meeting your neighbors and tell them what you do and leave them with a catalog. Most of all, tell everyone you meet what you do. Say something like "Hi, I'm new in the area and am just building my business here. May I offer you my business card or catalog? Great! By the way if you know anyone who loves to cook or loves PC, would you mind passing my information to them? I offer a great referral gift when you send someone my way!" (you could offer them a discount or something like a small batter bowl)

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Thanks for the great ideas! I'm not moving, but I've kinda hit a booking slump and these are some fresh ideas for me.:D :D

Make sure you check out any booths (fairs etc.) That always helps to open up some doors.

Glad to help! :)

What products do I need to start my business again?

In order to restart your business with Pampered Chef, you will need to purchase the Starter Kit. This kit includes a variety of our top-selling products, business supplies, and training materials to help you get back on your feet.

How do I find new customers in my new area?

One of the best ways to find new customers in your new area is to host a launch party. This is a great opportunity to introduce yourself and your business to your new community. You can also reach out to local organizations and offer to do cooking demonstrations or fundraisers for their events.

Do I need to purchase new business supplies?

If you already have business supplies from your previous time with Pampered Chef, you can continue to use them. However, if you need to replenish or update your supplies, you can purchase them through your back office or through your consultant support team.

How can I rebuild my team in my new location?

The best way to rebuild your team in your new location is to reach out to your previous team members and see if they are interested in joining you again. You can also attend local networking events and connect with other like-minded individuals who may be interested in joining your team.

Is there any support available to help me get started again?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have access to a variety of training and support materials. You can also reach out to your consultant support team for any questions or concerns you may have. Additionally, your sponsor or upline may also be able to provide guidance and support as you restart your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cttdbreeves
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kittychef
  • andi330
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Lani
  • Bill Faber