• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Moving Your Business Cross Country - Don't Miss Out!

You should also contact your friends and family in your new town and let them know that you are moving and offer to do a cooking show for them. You don't want to "dump" your business on just your friends and family.
AlowayFamily
Gold Member
Hello everyone!

I am in the process of moving my business cross country and I would love to hear all the tips you have. I know many of you have moved, so any advice you can provide is very much appreciated.

I have been listening to the "Move It or Lose It" CD from PC. It is very helpful, but I am sure you all have more advice.

I am lucky that I am moving back to my home town, so I have lots of contacts, but when do I start scheduling shows? I won't be settled until the first of June, and I really want to get the Sell-A-Thon products!!

I also need a hospitatlity director in Tulsa, OK, so any recomendations are appreciated. My director is looking, but we haven't had any luck yet.

NOW!! Start scheduling shows now!! Have a couple of catalog shows going from where you are moving FROM then have as many cooking shows as you can handle at your new place. If you want to earn the sell a thon and don't want a down time in your business then keep on working. If you let yourself stop it will be a little harder to get it going when you are ready.

I've moved my business 3 times. It is tough!! But definitely ask for referrals from people where you are now. People know people all over the place! I suggest doing a few fairs and booth events as soon as you get there too. That way you won't "dump" your business on just your friends and family.

Good luck!! With a little planning you can pull it off!

Definitely look into fairs and expos, that has helped me get started here and also got me out of relying on my old friends (whom I love dearly but honestly if I had relied on them for my business I would have been in trouble). Catalog shows have really helped me a ton, so try and connect with any social networks you can that will get you in touch with people. The nice thing about that too is supporting a catalog show can work around your schedule. I would suggest that you DON"T schedule any thing at your house until you are pretty comfortable--I did an open house within a month of moving and I was a basket case.

Tulsa, OKWe'd love to have you join us in Tulsa!!! I live outside of Tulsa in Skiatook & my director is in Jenks & I'm sure she wouldn't mind to take you in. She wouldn't be where she is if it wasn't for her hospitality director! You can e-mail me [email protected].

I'd pull out your calendar, decide what days you want to have shows in June and July and call all your contacts and schedule the shows now.

Make sure that you label your pampered chef stuff really well so it is easy to find. You might even want to use plastic boxes for the pampered chef stuff so that it stands out from the other boxes.

Thanks for all the tips! Those are very helpful. I contacted several of my friends in Tulsa and I have 3 shows and a fundraiser booked in June! Yeah!

Another question - I have a show today and next Sunday in the town I am currently living. Since I won't be here to do any shows after Memorial Day, what do I do with the people who want to book a show? Do I just give the shows to my director? Unfortunately I do not have a recruit where I live now, although I have a lead who I have offered my contact list if she signs up.

I would try and get those who want to book shows to do catalog shows. That would be a great way to keep some income coming in while you are moving and getting settled.

I second the catalog shows... and if you do a newsletter, keep your existing contacts on your mailing list. Then I'd refer anyone who asks for direct customer support to your director.

I third catalog shows.

1. How can I ensure a smooth transition when moving my Pampered Chef business to a different state?

Moving your business cross country may seem daunting, but with proper planning and organization, it can be a seamless process. Start by notifying your customers and team members about the move and provide them with your new contact information. Take advantage of social media and online platforms to continue promoting your business in the new location. Also, make sure to update your business address on all marketing materials and websites.

2. Will I need to change my business license and permits when moving to a new state?

Yes, you will need to obtain a new business license and permits in your new state. Each state has different requirements, so make sure to research and obtain all necessary documents before officially moving your business. This will prevent any legal issues and ensure that your business is operating legally in the new state.

3. How can I maintain my customer base when moving to a new location?

Communication is key when it comes to maintaining your customer base. Make sure to keep your customers informed about the move and any changes to your business operations. Consider offering special promotions or discounts to make up for any inconvenience caused by the move. Also, try to build relationships with new customers in the new location through events or collaborations with other local businesses.

4. What are some important factors to consider when choosing a new location for my Pampered Chef business?

When choosing a new location, consider the demographics, competition, and accessibility. You want to make sure that the new location has a similar target market and that there is enough demand for your products. Research the competition in the area to ensure that your business can thrive. Additionally, choose a location that is easily accessible for both customers and team members.

5. How can I stay organized during the moving process to avoid any disruptions in my business?

Create a detailed moving plan and timeline to help you stay organized throughout the process. Make sure to pack your inventory and business materials carefully to prevent any damage during the move. It may also be helpful to delegate tasks to team members or hire professional movers to assist with the physical aspect of the move. Stay in communication with your team and customers to keep them updated on any changes or potential delays.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andi330
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Lani
  • cookinthehouse
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • pampered_momma