• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Moving and Relocating Your Business - Share Your Fresh Ideas!

In summary, tips for anyone who has moved and relocated their business include joining local business organizations and professional referral groups, introducing yourself to fellow small business owners, and utilizing resources such as the American Business Women's Association. Referrals and actively seeking out opportunities, such as setting up booths or participating in community events, can also greatly benefit a relocated business. Additionally, crises can often be used as a way to jumpstart business growth.
MORFIA
Gold Member
**Tips from anyone who has moved and relocated there business--

I am teaching this class and looking for your input--Fresh ideas!!

THANKS---

For those committed to at least 8 shows per week, I recommend looking into local business organizations in your new town. I think they are worth the investment if you can put the time in to attend the meetings/events and you're willing to initate conversation.

Thru my Chamber membership, I have gained a wonderful consultant (and friend) plus several shows (one of which generated a string of great bookings and possibly another great team member). I participate in both our monthly mixers and small business luncheons. Once people get to know you, they're more likely to come up and ask for a show.

I also joined a local professional referral group. It has been a blessing to my business (having just relocated here in February). To date, it's generated 9 shows with another 9 on the books. These groups though, tend to be a significant investment both in time (we meet every week) and money ($300+ membership fee plus meals). Still, I've made that back several times over...and then some. :) [One caution: definitely attend a couple meetings before joining; some groups don't understand the benefit of having home based businesses as members. Also, some don't put much value on having fun...yuck.]

A suggestion I got from someone at Leadership was to simply introduce myself to fellow small business owners. It was a little awkward at first, but then I got used to it. Key is explaining that you have just relocated your business and are looking for referrals to help rebuild it. I got a lot of polite 'no thank you's'...but the 'yes' I got from the local coffee shop owner set me on a string of shows that is still going strong.

Hope these help Morfia. I don't have children or participate in a lot of activities, so the 'business owner' approach is what works for me.

A less expensive professional group to look into is the American Business Women's Association. Again though, attend a couple meetings before joining. The personalities within the group make a big difference on whether you want to be there.

I guess a good suggestion would be to 'google your heart out' regarding your new community and possible groups that would interest you (to include church, recreational, etc)

My sister is teaching the same class at conference.

great tips for her too!! Who is your Sis?

legacypc46 said:
For those committed to at least 8 shows per week, ...

Hee hee - I'm sure you meant 8 shows a MONTH, right? Wow, I'm about to pass out just THINKING about 8 shows per week!! LOL!! :eek:

One of the directors in my ED's downline moved a lot and was very successful. She is no longer with PC (family/medical issues), but her NC workshops were recorded and were very helpful to others. One thing I remember her suggesting to us was to put "Now Hiring" signs up at her shows, as well as just talking to EVERYONE she met (her realtor, her landscaper, etc!) and asking for referrals. Referrals are definitely key!

great tips--keep um coming-

When I moved my business I did a booth and got my jump start from there.

Morfia, one thing that helped me was listening to YOUR workshop the last time you did it! It was awesome.

A couple of additional things I did was three weeks after I moved, I went around the neighborhood introducing myself as the new kid on the block and inviting them to a PC party (I did tell them I was the consultant). The neighbors all want to see what the new neighbor's house looks like, so I got a decent crowd.

I got my kids involved in as many activities as they could stand and wore my logowear everywhere and brought up PC every chance I could.

About 9 months after we moved, my husband lost his job...wanna talk about lighting a fire under my business?? :eek: Time to put my money where my mouth was...I went from none to NINE shows in 2 weeks just by asking everyone I came in contact with to host a show. Seems a crisis is a good way to get business moving.:)

The number one biggest way I increased my business was working our local state fair...I'm still working off shows from that first fair almost 3 years later.

Hope that helps! Good luck with your workshop!

cathyskitchen said:
Hee hee - I'm sure you meant 8 shows a MONTH, right? Wow, I'm about to pass out just THINKING about 8 shows per week!! LOL!! :eek:

OMG...what a typo! I did mean 8 shows a month. (I only had a minute and was typing fast...too fast obviously!):eek:

Morphia, I just moved in March, and the Farmer's Market has been incredible with starting my business here in the area. I am meeting so many people, getting referrals and scheduling shows. I am offering FREE shows this Summer, as a "thank you" for helping me gety started in the area, and I hand out recipe cards with a $15.00 referaal coupon attached. If a friend they refer books a show, they will receive $15 in FREE product at their show. (of course, they can book, and get it themselves)

PLEASE ADD ON TO THIS?!Customer service questioneer??Do a door to door customer Service
questioneer-Do you have any Pampered Chef Product?Are you happy your products-?Is there anything you would like to set up a time for me to show you how to work it?When is the last time you hosted a party?On a scale of 1-10 How interested in extra $ are you?

I advertised in my local paper. They had a monthly coupon clipper, which I did. This got me 2-3 bookings per month. They say when your name is seen more than 3x in stays in someone's head. Many had kept my coupon and called me the following month. I recruited from it too!

"Welcome Wagon"- Many towns have this available to those who are new to the town or just purchased a new home. I send out a mini-catalog with a coupon for a "free cooking show" (I purchase the ingredients). It goes out to 40 people a month.

Talk to everyone about PC. I ALWAYS talk about PC in line everywhere. I talk about the ingredients I'm purchasing and the recipe I'm doing, then I offer my card, a mini-catalog and ask for their information to follow up with them.

I do all the local fairs/events in my area. They are low cost and well worth it. The first one I did last year, 4 months after moving here, kept me going for 6 months with bookings.

I went to florist and bridal shops in my town and ask if I could display my wedding registry information. I use a professional flyer holder and offer the owner a $20 gift certificate for every registry he/she gets from their store.

Spanish stores- ask if you can display materials about the business opportunity, etc. on bulletin boards or on the counter. Give a spanish season's best for their help.

Bulletin boards!!! Can't say enough about that. Merrill ad maker has great ones to choose from. Make a list of all the places and contacts you leave your materials with. I update on the first of each month.

I got involved with volunteering. I volunteered at a local fly-in at the airport selling hot dogs. I wore my PC apron. I booked shows while there.

I work full-time as a teacher, but I make sure all parents and teachers know I do PC.

I moved a year ago to a new town, I started over. I recruited one, earned spring product $3000 level for the first time, and my name is well-known in the town now.

love it thanks-

Julie, how did your ad read? Did you use the Merrill ad generator?

I can't wait-----I will post my workshop after conference

1. How can I efficiently pack and organize my office supplies during a business relocation?

One tip is to use clear plastic bins or boxes to pack your office supplies. This will make it easy to see what is inside each box and also protect your supplies from any potential water damage during the move. Label each box with the contents and the designated location in your new office.

2. What is the best way to handle important documents and files during a business move?

Important documents and files should be packed separately in a secure box or file organizer. It is also a good idea to make digital copies of these documents as a backup. Keep these documents with you during the move to ensure they are easily accessible and not lost.

3. How can I minimize downtime for my business during the relocation process?

Prioritize tasks and delegate responsibilities to your team to minimize downtime. Create a timeline and schedule for the move, and make sure to communicate it with your employees and clients. Consider hiring professional movers to handle the physical aspects of the move so you can focus on your business.

4. What are some strategies for keeping employees organized and informed during a business relocation?

Communication is key when it comes to keeping employees organized and informed during a business relocation. Hold regular meetings to update them on the progress of the move and address any concerns or questions they may have. Provide them with a packing guide and encourage them to declutter and pack their workspaces in an organized manner.

5. What should I consider when choosing a new location for my business?

When choosing a new location for your business, consider factors such as proximity to your target market, accessibility for employees and clients, and the overall cost of the new location. It is also important to research the area and its demographics to ensure it is a good fit for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • missyciccolella
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies