• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Moving and Relocating Your Business - Share Your Fresh Ideas!

In summary, there are several cost-effective ways to pack and transport office supplies during a business relocation. These include using recycled or free packing materials and packing items oneself instead of hiring a professional service. To ensure the safety and security of important documents and equipment, it is important to properly label and organize them, use secure packaging materials, and consider hiring a professional moving company. Excess office furniture and equipment can be donated, sold, or offered to employees or colleagues. To make the transition to a new office space smooth for employees, communication and involving them in the planning process is key. There may also be important legal and tax considerations when moving a business, so it is advised to consult with professionals and keep track of expenses for tax purposes.
MORFIA
Gold Member
**Tips from anyone who has moved and relocated there business--

I am teaching this class and looking for your input--Fresh ideas!!

THANKS---
______

Gak!!:yuck: I have not been throught this, but one of my movers and shakers has.

Not sure if any of this is new but she really had to not be pushy, but be persistant. She did a fair at a HS and was polite to ask if the people that stopped at her booth if they had a PC consultant already. She was able to get many leads this way.

I can't stress enough to call back to your Director and/or cluster mates for support and shoring up when you get down in the dumps. She has called many of us many times and it has helped us keep in touch with her and support her.

Just keep getting out there in ways that maybe you didn't have to do when you were in your former residence. Go to fairs, etc. You can hang a flyer, but until people can talk to you and see you, they will not just call a number on a flyer. They will respond face to face.

Hope it helps!:chef:

You could listen to that CD about moving your business for some ideas.

Oh wait! That's YOU on the tape!:angel:

Seriously though, one idea I heard (on a different tape) was to make some breads and wrap them in that colored saran wrap with a ribbon and take one to each neighbor along with an invitation to your open house. Also give each person 5 extra invitations for her friends who do not live in the neighborhood. Maybe offer a gift to everyone who orders like a season's best.

lol---Cute Beth!!

Related to Expert Tips for Moving and Relocating Your Business - Share Your Fresh Ideas!

1. What are some cost-effective ways to pack and transport office supplies during a business relocation?

One cost-effective way is to use recycled or free packing materials, such as boxes and packing paper, from local businesses. You can also save money by packing items yourself instead of hiring a professional packing service.

2. How can I ensure the safety and security of important documents and equipment during a business move?

It is important to properly label and organize all documents and equipment before the move. Use secure packaging materials, such as locking file boxes, to protect sensitive information. It may also be helpful to hire a professional moving company that specializes in commercial moves.

3. What should I do with excess office furniture and equipment that I don't want to bring to the new location?

You can donate unwanted items to local charities or non-profit organizations. You can also sell items online or host a moving sale to recoup some of the cost. If the items are in good condition, you may also consider offering them to employees or colleagues.

4. How can I make the transition to a new office space as smooth as possible for my employees?

Communication is key in making the transition smooth for employees. Keep them updated on all relocation plans and involve them in the planning process. Consider hosting a team building activity or office tour before the move to help employees feel more comfortable in the new space.

5. Are there any important legal or tax considerations I should be aware of when moving my business to a new location?

It is important to consult with a legal or tax professional to ensure you are following all necessary laws and regulations. You may also need to update your business licenses and permits for the new location. Keep track of all expenses related to the move for tax purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 1995tucker
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies