• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Business: Expert Tips for Booking Success After a Move

In summary, the author is an expert summarizer of content and advises others to look for booths, meet people, and advertise.
cookinthehouse
Silver Member
ok i know there is a cd out there... but i was wondering if anyone had any tips and advice for getting bookings... i have moved out of town and don't know a single person... i know the PC consultant in your neighbor hood... but any other ideas please.... :)

Think outside the box. I understand what you are going through, because I started my business after moving to a new state and not knowing anyone. Talk to people everywhere. Join groups to meet people. Meetup.com has every kind of group you can imagine in allmost any city. Wether it be a moms group or a poker group, they have it. Your kids school is another place to start. Check with pta about craft shows and fairs. Ask if you can leave something for the teachers in their lounge, maybe a snack with some catalogs or something. What worked great for me is I had a party at my house. I made up a flyer that said 'MEET YOUR NEIGHBORS AT A PAMPERED CHEF PARTY' and put it in the doors of my entire block. I had about 10 people I had never met before attend. I mad some great friends, 2 bookings, 1 recruit and about $460 in sales. Now, I just keep trying to come up with some new and inventive ways of getting my name out there.

try looking for booths, I moved one month after starting and it took me awhile, then I got a booth at the taste of home cooking school and it was a go from there. Good luck with everything
Also were pc clothing everywhere

I've moved my business twice. It is just a matter of getting out of your house. What the other ladies said is true get involved. I have a Taste of Home event coming up tomorrow and I cannot wait! I'm nervous and anxious. I need it to be a success. I have another event coming up in November. So...keep your eyes and ears open for events and TALK TO EVERYONE!! Also advertise like crazy! I wear my PC shirts and I bought the car magnets and I have the window decals. My kids have PC logo wear so you've got to market yourself how you can.

Don't be discouraged! It can be done!

I'd look into what non-profit organizations are in your area and offer to do fudnraisers for a few of them which gets your name out there and helps you meet people. Play up the $3 that the non-profit gets for each booking as a way to help you get shows.

I live in a town where I am the only pc consultant, I steped out side the box... I did two major things.... I went to a google search fro other companies Home interiors, Tastefully simple, close to my heart scrapbooking, tuppaware, etc, and asked if any of those consultants that sold in my town were interested in doing a party exchange. Also put a small add in the paper about your business..... to help get your name out their.

It will be tough but what worked for me was to talk to everyone and to do as many inexpensive booths at craft fairs that I could.

. I have a Taste of Home event coming up tomorrow and I cannot wait! I'm nervous and anxious. I need it to be a success.

Good Luck with the taste of home I am doing it again and I cant wait, just make sure to call all the yes and maybes

Try going around to like beauty salons or if their are bridal stores near you see if you can set up a booth and adverstise your bridal regerstery.

When you did your home party.... did you ask for people to rsvp?
I was thinking about doing that...
i took my 3 month LOA for the move and need to submit in october. i have one girl who wants a show early november.

I have a friend at home.... who does At Home America who is offering her house to do a shared open house... AHA, Cookie Jewlery and PC. I have never done a combined open house... and thought it may be good to at least submit for October so i do not become inactive and lose my consultants...

thanks i have been missing this site.... i still do not have internet access at home so i come to the Library and what a stress relief to come to this site and get new refreshing ideas!!!

One thing that I have found is that if you talk to other consulants from other companies they might be willing to do a party exchange, it's a great way to network, not alot of consultants like to do that.. I have found it extremly helpful to me in my business.

thanks.... i am so nervous... it is like i am starting over again, but 3 years later...

I have only been selling PC for five months now, and its not an easy thing to do... sometimes you have to step out of yoru comfort zone a little or a lot depending on what the case maybe.

1. What are some effective ways to book parties after moving to a new area?

One effective way is to reach out to your existing network and let them know about your move. This can include friends, family, and past party hosts. You can also use social media to connect with new people in your area and promote your business. Additionally, consider partnering with local businesses or attending community events to network and gain exposure.

2. How can I make my new customers feel welcome and excited about hosting a party?

Make sure to personalize your interactions with new customers and show genuine interest in them. Offer them a special discount or free gift for hosting a party. Share success stories and testimonials from past hosts to showcase the benefits of hosting a party. You can also create a welcoming atmosphere at the party itself by providing refreshments and playing fun games.

3. How do I handle the challenge of building a new customer base in a new area?

One approach is to focus on building relationships and providing excellent customer service. Reach out to potential customers through social media, local events, and community groups. Offer incentives for referrals and encourage past hosts to spread the word about your business. You can also consider hosting a launch party or open house to introduce yourself to the community.

4. What strategies can I use to overcome the hesitation of potential hosts in a new area?

One strategy is to offer a low-pressure, no-obligation option for potential hosts. This could include a virtual party or a smaller, more casual gathering with friends. You can also address any concerns they may have by highlighting the benefits of hosting a party, such as free and discounted products, and the opportunity to earn rewards.

5. How can I stand out from other consultants and businesses in the area?

One way to stand out is by offering unique party themes or experiences, such as a cooking class or a themed party. You can also differentiate yourself by providing exceptional customer service and going above and beyond for your hosts and guests. Utilize social media and other marketing strategies to showcase your personality and the value you bring as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • cttdbreeves
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kittychef
  • smilesarepriceless