• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moving Your Business ---Best Tips/Suggestions!

In summary, the expert suggests networking with people in your new town, attending craft fairs and festivals, and having a hospitality director at business meetings.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, well, I've been a little missing in action...

Went to Disney w/ Pampered CHef in June, w/ my family (including my 3 week old son)....and moved just 3 weeks ago to a new town (elizabethtown, KY to be exact)...and despite my uncertainty of my desire to keep plugging' along with 3 kids now, I just signed up for a lifetime CS membership ( wahoo!) and want to know..

tell me your hottest/best/amazing ideas on getting ones PC business rockin' in a brand spankin' new town!

Look on craigsist for Mommy Groups. Talk to people at the grocery store while carrying your catalog tote, at the bank, the hairdresser, your kids teachers, and hang catalogs in your new neighborhood! Leave catalogs at your doctors office, etc etc etc. You're a director... YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IT!! Good luck.

We are military, so we move a lot! I just moved last month and was nervous about it too. I had one friend here who volunteered to host a show and only 3 people showed up! However......3 out of those 3 booked shows of their own and 2 are interested in the business! That's getting me started here and hopefully can branch out from there! Also, you could try Pampering a Business to get new contacts. I am going to do that as well. Good luck!!

Thanks for the information I will be moving in one week across country (from CT to IL). I am nervous about this move. We do have some family (my husbands) which I know his mom is going to have a party in November. I am worried about the month that we move out. How do I keep active and keep my team leader status that I just got (my two recruits are here in CT)?

Being military as well, I have moved my business a few times. I started in April of 2007, moved it in Sept. '07 from RI to CA (now thats cross country! ha ha), than here to VA in Nov '08.
It is totally do able. I have car decals, set up catalog shows to stay active while you move (for 2 months), catalog tote, logo wear, and like Tracy, if you know someone in town, ask them to host a show for you to meet new people.
Also- the big thing- get a hospitality director to go to meetings each month. Very useful and allows you to learn about the area as well as current business info. :)

I just moved from NC, back to my hometown in MA. I have one acquaintenance doing a show for me next week, and then a friend is supposed to be scheduling one for mid-October.

On top of all the other suggestions, I will add doing a booth(s) around town. Look for craft fairs and festivals etc. I am doing one this weekend, and another one in October.

I can totally relate also. We moved (drove actually) from Alaska to Virginia. I pampered my apartment office ladies, and met one of the wives of my husbands co-workers. She is hosting a show for me and has invited several others from the base and the neighboring town. I know on military bases there is usually a wives club of some kind, and you could talk to the organizers, and let them know you're a home-business owner and see if they have any opportunities. Also, craigslist is a great resource. I'm participating in 4 craft fairs thanks to craigslist.
Good luck! :)

1. How can I effectively market my Pampered Chef business when I move to a new location?

One of the best ways to market your business when moving to a new location is to use social media. Create posts on Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms to let your current and potential customers know about your move. You can also reach out to local businesses and organizations to collaborate on events or promotions.

2. What are some tips for maintaining my customer base during a move?

One tip is to offer special discounts or promotions to your current customers as a way to thank them for their loyalty and to encourage them to continue supporting your business in your new location. You can also stay in touch with your customers through email newsletters or social media updates to keep them updated on your move and any new products or services you may offer.

3. How can I find new customers in my new location?

Networking is key in finding new customers in a new location. Attend local events and join community groups to meet new people and make connections. You can also reach out to local businesses and offer to collaborate on events or promotions, or even host a Pampered Chef party for their employees or customers.

4. Are there any specific legal or administrative tasks I need to take care of when moving my business?

It is important to check with your local government to see if you need to obtain any new business licenses or permits for your new location. You may also need to update your business address on your business cards, website, and other marketing materials. It is also a good idea to inform your current customers of your move and provide them with your new contact information.

5. How can I make the moving process smoother for my customers?

Communication is key when it comes to making the moving process smoother for your customers. Be sure to inform them of your move well in advance and provide them with your new contact information. You can also offer to ship products to them if they are unable to attend a Pampered Chef party at your new location. Additionally, consider offering special discounts or promotions for customers who refer new customers to you in your new location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • iheartmypanda
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
vangogirl
  • StephsKitchen