• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moving - How to Get Business up Running Quickly?

In summary, Debbie is moving to a new town and is trying to get shows booked in order to make her move less stressful. She recommends wearing your gear everywhere, taking old catalogs with you, and looking into upcoming fairs and expos.
catson
Hi I am fairly new here. Here is my situation and maybe I can get some good ideas and advice from you guys.

I promoted to Director in January. April is my first month past the 3 month "freebie" period. My team's sales are slow and so are mine, so May will be the month the team has to do $4000 or else I lose Directorship.

I am moving May 1st to Lacey, WA (outside of Seattle). This is a 3,000 mile move for my family. We most likely will not have our stuff until the second week in May but I did put aside enough products to do the Torte recipie. I am planning on having an Open House show as soon as I get there and I know a few people but not many in the area.

So the question is: how do I get up and running FAST??? Since my team's sales aren't high it's going to be up to me to do as much of the $4000 as possible!

Sorry I'm one of the "slow" people on your team so I guess my opinion probably wont help :p LOL ... love ya Cat!

Word of mouthThe people you do know in the area can help you getting the word out about your business. Start advertising at local grocery stores, kid's resale shops, offices, etc... to get the word out about your business.
Be sure to do some door to door in your new neighborhood (not necessarily the whole subdivision but a few streets close by) and maybe listing on a local craigslist or put a small ad in the paper.

Be sure to wear your PC shirt and take your PC tote bag along with you wherever you go. At your open house really try to push that they spread the word about your business to their friends and family who might be PC fanatics and to have shows of their own.

Hope it works out!

Debbie :D

Is the move a job transfer for your husband? If so, definitely ask him to help you get shows.

Try your very best to schedule catalog shows in Georgia for May and June.

I will posts more ideas as I think of them.

Lisa

It's a military move, so I suppose it's a job transfer of sorts. He will help I am sure, but I can't rely on that.

Cat maybe you can take some of the leads you gave me and do catalog shows for them in may/june, like lisa said. If you can stock up on Catalog shows, you would be fine until you can get cooking shows in WA.

Maybe do a moving sale - catalog/mystery host show with all your past hostesses in the area you are moving from. Tell them that you have a goal of $4,000 in sales so that your move is less stressful.

Have them all take orders and the one with the most in orders gets the host benefits.

There's an audio available on supply order called "Move it, don't lose it" - I highly recommend this!

Yes, the moving CD is excellent, even if you're not moving! At all of your shows, ask for referrals to your new town. Be sure to set up at least ONE show before you move. This could be your real estate agent, your insurance agent, any contacts you're making before you actually move. Be sure to host your own show. Pamper a business regularly. Have a business budget for getting hair/nails done and see someone new everytime so you can talk about your biz. Have a McD's budget so you can talk to the other moms while the kids play. Good Luck!

When I started my PC business, I was new to the area and didn't know anyone. I held my own 1st show and put these flyers in ALL my neighbors doors. I went up my whole block and down another. I had 10 people I never met before RSVP and show up. I got my 1st 2 bookings (which sprung many more) and my 1st recruit.
Wear your gear everywhere. I don't have any shirts, but I keep a button on my purse. From that alone I've gotten orders and bookings from my DR's office, dentist, starbucks and more that I can't think of.
Take a bunch of old catalogs with your info stickered across the FRONT of it to salons, dr's offices, real estate agencys, starbucks, and anywhere you can think of. In thick black marker write TAKE ME HOME, CALL ME FOR A CURRENT CATALOG.
Look into upcoming fairs and expos, get a booth.
These are all things that I do continuously to keep my business going. I had to start with out an inner circle, so this is how I work my business.
I wish you the best of luck.

Attachments

• MEET_YOUR_NEIGHBORS invite.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 412
take any of your old catalogues and drop them off at all the dr's, dentist, nails, etc. places. make sure u hand the cat. to someone not just put it on the table with the rest of them. place a free cooking show coupon in them with 30 day expiry. trade off advertising with other businesses. trade off shows with other ds consultants. most grocery stores will let u sit out front to sell charity items. step out of your comfort zone at least once a day and instead of talking to 3 people double it and make it 6 per day. hit farmers markets, school spring flings, daycares everywhere.
these are the things i did when i moved while in another ds company and knew no one. i even took myself to lunch and asked my waitress for her opinion on what i shud oder of the new products. booked her show before i left.
good luck

Hi Cat---here is an early welcome to the Pacific Northwest... I live on the Oregon Coast in Astoria.... my biggest suggestion would be to put an ad in the news paper up in Lacy! I dont' know if you can do this but put an ad up on the bullitin boards in the Commacery and PX or the shopet... how do I knwo these terms?? hehe I am an Army bratt through and through!

I moved 6 months ago. Here's what helped:

1. Getting hooked up with a director who set me up with a shift at a Home & Landscape show. Got 3 bookings and lots of leads.

2. Listening to that moving cd and taking the recommendations.

3. Using all the other "booking" recommendations I've heard from other tapes (like Bellinda Ellsworth), like wearing pins, starting up conversations with anyone around, etc.

4. Setting up a few catalog shows for the week I moved, and several more for the next month or two.

5. Getting out of my comfort zone and asking friends that I knew in my new town - even though I hadn't talked to them in 5 years!

6. Getting the PC car decals and ordering decals that have my contact info and putting them on my car.

7. Getting involved in as many groups as possible.

Here's what didn't help:
1. Passing out flyers without personal contact in the neighborhood (I like someone else's idea of going door-to-door.)

2. Hosting an open house show before I knew enough people.

Good luck!

One CD I listened too suggested making mini-loaf bread and delivering it with an invite to an open house to every house in their neighborhood. I think a load of bread would get my attention to at least consider it....

Thats a pretty good idea actually, something to bring to them besides an invitiaton! Cat while your busy trying to sell your house, why dont you make me some bread i can take around the neighborhood! LOL

haha laurie, YOU can do that too!!!

by the way, thank you ladies for the good ideas. i am in the middle of an awful situation (buyers for my house in GA bailed out so house is still for sale) so i am not entirely sure when i am moving now.

i have a show this sunday which i am holding over until may 1st and i am going to ask a few friends from out of state to do catalog shows for me as a favor (not counting on it for regular business, just to get me through may). when i get to WA i was fully planning on doing a neighborhood show to get bookings and pretty much inviting the entire sub (it's brand new) by going door to door - LOVE the idea of bringing food! i am going to put in a supply order as soon as i have an address to send it to and include the mini catalog in with the goodies!

i am so worried about the move and getting up and running. if it wasn't for the $4000 minimum i know it wouldn't be as stressful. so thanks everyone for the help!

catson said:
by the way, thank you ladies for the good ideas. i am in the middle of an awful situation (buyers for my house in GA bailed out so house is still for sale) so i am not entirely sure when i am moving now.

Ugh, may you soon sell the house and moving plans be back on.

yeah i hear ya - thing is my husband is leaving on Monday. So it's just me that isn't moving! It stinks!

catson said:
yeah i hear ya - thing is my husband is leaving on Monday. So it's just me that isn't moving! It stinks!

Oh man, I did that a few years ago. My husband moved 3-4 months before I did. I had to sell the current house, visit where we were hoping to move to and find a new place to live, and take care of everything else. Ouch.

1. How do I find new customers when I move to a new area?

One of the best ways to find new customers when you move to a new area is to tap into your existing network. Reach out to friends and family who live in the area and let them know about your business. You can also join local Facebook groups or attend community events to meet potential customers.

2. How can I quickly establish a presence in my new community?

One way to establish a presence in your new community is to partner with local businesses or organizations. Offer to host a cooking demonstration or workshop for their employees or members. This will not only help you get your name out there, but also allow you to showcase your products and services.

3. How should I market my business in a new location?

When marketing your business in a new location, it's important to use a combination of traditional and online methods. This can include creating flyers or brochures to distribute in the community, advertising on local websites or social media platforms, and participating in local events or festivals.

4. How can I keep my existing customers when I move to a new area?

It's important to keep in touch with your existing customers when you move to a new area. You can do this by sending out an email or newsletter announcing your move and offering a special promotion for their loyalty. You can also offer virtual cooking classes or demonstrations to continue providing value to your existing customers.

5. What are some tips for organizing and setting up my new workspace?

When setting up your new workspace, it's important to prioritize functionality and organization. Invest in storage solutions such as shelves or bins to keep your products and supplies easily accessible. Also, consider your lighting and workspace layout to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andi330
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Lani
  • pampered_momma
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Bill Faber