• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Building a Business in a New Town

In summary, according to this conversation, it is important to advertise, attend local events, and to have a positive attitude when networking.
A Pampered Kitchen
Silver Member
I just found out we will be moving to San Diego, CA. I don't know anyone there. How do I go about getting my business started there? I am just a year into my business and don't have many repeat customers and will need to rebuild my business. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3-2-1 plan
Logo wear/catalog tote
Advertisement on your vehicle

Strike up conversations with your new banker, hair stylist, leave catalogs everywhere. Like Sheila said, 3-2-1 plan. Make three contacts a day!

I'm in a similar situation. I'm in my first 60 days and we're moving from VA to NY soon. Actually though, we've only been in VA for about 3 months (God love the military), so it definitely can be done. I found that hitting up the local fairs has been really great, and even if you can't do one because there's another consultant there, go and meet her (or him). I met a lady at one and she has been amazing. I got set up with her director (mine is out of state) through hospitality and she has even let me know of vendor opportunities when she has had to pass them up. Good luck to you, and wish me luck too! :)

Do you have kids? If so, try and find a playgroup you can join on meetup or something. Will they go to daycare? Your name will fly like hotcakes there! I just joined a "ladies group" on meetup and I am meeting a bunch of women who love to entertain! LOGOWEAR!advertise on your car!do a I'm new to the neighborhood party! set a firm start time and end time and pass out invites to all of your new neighbors! Great way to meet people AND get your name out there.Put your card on every bulletin board you see! I just started doing this and received one call already and just put them up 3 days ago!

craft fairs and bazaars
Pamper a Business (there are a few threads on this)
Out and about contacts

I know this is a resurrection - but I think it should be popped to the top of the list once in awhile so that new threads aren't started on the same topic :)

Carry that catalog tote - with PRIDE. Be confident! Radiate a successful personality!

What are the benefits of building a business in a new town?

Building a business in a new town can bring a fresh customer base, new opportunities for growth, and potential for increased profit. It also allows you to establish yourself as a leader in the community and expand your network.

What are some challenges of building a business in a new town?

Some challenges of building a business in a new town include unfamiliarity with the local market, competition from established businesses, and the need to establish trust and credibility with potential customers.

How can I research the market of a new town before starting my business?

You can research the market of a new town by conducting surveys, analyzing demographics and consumer behavior, and studying the competition. You can also attend local events and network with other business owners to gain insights into the community.

What are some effective marketing strategies for building a business in a new town?

Some effective marketing strategies for building a business in a new town include using social media to reach a wider audience, collaborating with local businesses and organizations, and offering promotions or discounts to attract new customers.

How important is networking in building a business in a new town?

Networking is crucial in building a business in a new town. It allows you to establish connections with other professionals, potential customers, and community leaders. By networking, you can also gain valuable insights and advice from those who are familiar with the local market.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jordanleigh1743
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cttdbreeves
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kittychef
  • pampered2007