• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

July Mystery Host for Me: Was It Worth the Hassle?

In summary, the author of the content learned that she did not do a good job of marketing her show and that she should have made it clear that orders out of state or an hour from her would have to be done through direct shipping.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
OK. I hate to whine...but here I go!

I sent out Linda's amazing email back at the beginning of the month. Ended up with only 6 takers. Out of those 6...I have had to HUNT DOWN 5. Only my one friend (graduated HS with her, she lives out of state) actually DID WHAT SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO!!

Out of the others...one lives about 3 hours away, so now I have to have each of them direct shipped...one got ONE order which is out of state, so I have to pay the extra to direct ship...one really tried but just couldn't get any takers so her and her mom ordered $50 worth of product...one didn't hit the $100 but thinks she's getting the cookbook, rub, and 30% off more stuff (she is supposed to call me back later today to give me the orders she got and I am telling her that she can get the "free rub" for contacting me on time in the beginning, but since she didn't "participate fully by collecting $100" she isn't getting the rest).....and one other lady collected enough, but I had to hunt her down too.

Now...I "get it" that I didn't go and do a party somewhere, but heck, I think my time would have been better spent DOING A SHOW!

Next time around (if I ever do this again) I will notate that out of state orders, and any partipants that live more than 45 minutes away from me will need to do DIRECT SHIPPING so I am not eating that cost. Live and learn, right?? lol

Awww sorry Kelly, at least you got SOME orders. :(I did a mystery host show when I started but did it only at work and didn't advertise the benefits except that someone would get host special and others would get "free gifts".I only drew one Mystery Host...

ug..I know the pain, I just had an on-line show and had no takers...

janetupnorth said:
Awww sorry Kelly, at least you got SOME orders. :(

I did a mystery host show when I started but did it only at work and didn't advertise the benefits except that someone would get host special and others would get "free gifts".

I only drew one Mystery Host...

I AM looking at the positives...That as long as my Friday host closes that night and as long as I get this put in this week, I will earn my pumpkin bowl! Plus it's more sales than if I didn't do it at all....but I sure did learn the hard way on this stuff!

NO MORE OFFERS OF A BUNCH OF FREE STUFF, EITHER!!

Offers of free are o.k., just with CLEAR guidelines and only when you need the orders. ;)

I've learned to only offer free for SPECIFIC things.I offered a free item at my last show for anyone who spent over $100 in products. (On top of the prep bowl set HO gives them). The free items were a pile of 4-5 discontinued items from the outlet...corer, kitchen shears, grapefruit knife.It was ONLY to help my host reach $500 for sure and ONLY the items I specified. :) ...oh, and stated that I don't normally do this but I want to see Regina get extra free product.
...you just have to stay in control of your business. :)

I know...I should have just kept it to a free SB for participating unless they "won" some of the host benefits!

Plus...now I know to make it clear that orders out of state or an hour from me will HAVE to be "direct shipping" on their dime...

We learn something new everyday!! lol

Hey, you LEARNED! That is what counts - next time you'll be great!

It doesn't help that we leave for vaca on Saturday morning, I have a show Friday night, I have a drs appt Thursday and our house sitter is coming for dinner Thursday so the dog is OK with him, have a car appt tomorrow morning, hair cut tomorrow night, grocery shopping to do, cleaning, laundry, packing.....

HOLY COW! This is why I am ready to bite the heads off of these ladies!!

Kelly, I know how you feel.
I too participated in that Mystery host things Linda posted. At first, I got responses fast and then it fizzled. Came down to only 6 takers, but I figured most would be able to get more than $100 so it could still work. Well 1 person dropped out... Then I sent out 2 emails in the past week asking for updates and not one person got back to me. I just got an email today that one of the people got $100 exactly and is done. But where are my other 4 people? This is impossible. The MH is ending tomorrow and I don't know where we stand. Not to mention my people are all scattered as well. lots of shipping charges.
so frustrating right?

Related to July Mystery Host for Me: Was It Worth the Hassle?

What is the "July Mystery Host for Me" promotion?

The "July Mystery Host for Me" promotion is a special offer from Pampered Chef where customers have the chance to win free products and exclusive discounts by participating in a virtual cooking event.

How does the "July Mystery Host for Me" promotion work?

To participate, customers must attend a virtual cooking event or party hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant during the month of July. At the event, the consultant will reveal the mystery host and the customers who make a purchase will be entered into a drawing to win the host rewards.

What are the benefits of participating in the "July Mystery Host for Me" promotion?

By participating in the promotion, customers have the chance to win free products and exclusive discounts based on the total sales from the event. It's a fun way to try new recipes, learn cooking tips, and potentially earn some great rewards!

How will I know if I am the mystery host?

If your name is chosen as the mystery host, the consultant will contact you directly to let you know and discuss your rewards. The winner will also be announced on the consultant's social media pages.

What are the host rewards for the "July Mystery Host for Me" promotion?

The host rewards include free products, exclusive discounts, and potentially even free shipping. The exact rewards will vary depending on the total sales from the event, but the more people who participate, the bigger the rewards will be!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • amgreen66
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies