• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Joining Pampered Chef: My Story of Pushy and Not-So-Pushy Consultants

In summary, the conversation discusses a situation where a person was interested in joining a company but was put off by the pushiness of one potential recruiter. They ended up joining with someone else and the original recruiter reacted angrily. The group agrees that it is the person's right to choose who they want to work with and they should inform their director about the situation. They also discuss the importance of feeling comfortable with the people you work with and not being obligated to join under someone just because you talked to them.
kdawn1124
This may be long so I'll warn you now.

About a year and a-half ago I was thinking of joining with PC and went through the HO and found a director. We chatted several times and I told her I was still undecided if I wanted to join. Well she called everyday checking to see if I had decided and went as far as to offer to pay for my kit. At the time I started feeling I'm not sure if I want to work with someone who is so pushy and we also found out we were going to have another baby so I decided not to join. Six months into my pregnancy my SIL hosted a party for her neighbor who was a brand new consultant. I ended up booking a party from her and had mine in Sept. I mentioned at my party I was really curious about the company but explained how pushy the last person was I talked with. She did refer me back to her if I decided to join since she was the original contact. So a couple months later I had our second DS and decided I needed to do something to quit my FT job and stay home. I ended up calling the lady who did my party because she was very nice and never once pressured me into joining. Now today I get an out of the blue phone call from the original person I was in contact with and told her I joined with my friend. I thought she would be happy that I joined but instead got really angry and said I should of contacted her to join and not my recruit. I understand she was my original contact but wasn't it my decision who to sign with. I have a coaching call with my director in 30 min and I don't know if I should explain this to her incase the other lady contacts her. I never thought about what if my director is friends with this lady.

Please give me any advice or comments about this.

I would tell your director about it - just in case, so she doesn't get blindsided.

You didn't do anything wrong - it is definitely your choice.

Thanks Becky!

You have a right to sign up with the person you feel comfortable with. I would let you recruiter and upline know. It was very ethical of your recruiter to have you check with the original person but you do not want to sign up with someone you don't feel comfortable with.

That is inappropriate the way the original contact acted. I would definately tell your director what is going on and why you signed iwth someone else.

I agree with Becky. It's YOUR business, and you need to feel comfortable with the people you work with. That includes your upline (recruiter, director, etc.). Consultant #1 obviously made you uncomfortable, while your recruiter was more your style.

As an aside, if Consultant #1 was that pushy, can you even imagine the pressure she probably puts on her team month-to-month?

I agree with Becky... you need to sign with the person you are comfortable with. I would definitely tell your director incase this other director calls her.

If you were really interested when you talked with the first director, but backed off partly to having baby #2, she should have kept in touch every 2 months or so by email/postcard/whatever... just to keep her name in front of you. Not saying you would have signed with her, but what if you had wanted to sign with her, but couldn't find her info???? We do the same thing with our customers, why should we think it is any different for recruits?

I think it's crazy to think you are obligated to join under someone b/c you talked to them! If my host doesn't like my style and has shows with someone else, it hurts but it's fine (not that it's happened...to my knowledge). I've also had guests say they've never considered joining until my show b/c it was laid back and more their style.I also do decide who I want to work with. I don't offer the opportunity to the host that is very difficult to work with or doesn't return phone calls, etc. I figure that this is a sign of what it would be like to work with them. Why, then, can't they feel the same way?You did nothing wrong, but definitely let your director know. She shouldn't be able to find out who you are under unless they know each other.

I agree...you have the right to join with whomever you want! Maybe that pushy one will realize her approach is scaring people away! I was in a similar situation (but not with a pushy person). I was thinking of joining about a year before I did & went to a team meeting & all, but then found out I was pregnant with my first. So I decided not to try then & when my baby was a few months old realized I wanted to join. In that time I had bumped into an old friend who did PC & decided to join with her b/c it would be fun having a friend in my group. The other gal's director (the girl had actually already quit) was very friendly & asked how my biz was going when I ran into her again.

I did the same exact thing. I was assured that who I signed under was MY choice and nobody had "rights" to anyone. That being said, I did let person #1 know that I really wanted to sign with someone closer (in proximity) to me. She understood even though I'm sure it bugged her some. Also, I didn't get recruited by person #1. I was an HO lead, just like you.

Person #1 called after I started and I was honest and told her I did in fact sign with someone else. She totally understood and wished me the best! Sometimes we have to go with our gut. I did and I think I'm more successful in my business. Not because any one Director was any better than another, but because I'm where I'm supposed to be. Sorry to ramble, just wanted to encourage you!

chefann said:
As an aside, if Consultant #1 was that pushy, can you even imagine the pressure she probably puts on her team month-to-month?

No doubt, Ann! Can you imagine the stress of someone calling you every day when you haven't asked them to?

Are you obligated to buy a car from the first salesman you talk to?'Nuff said.

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items. Our products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable for our customers.

How can I join Pampered Chef?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up through our website or through a current consultant. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes all the tools and resources you need to get started.

What are the benefits of joining Pampered Chef?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn extra income, build your own business, and be part of a supportive and fun community. You also have access to discounted products and training resources to help you succeed.

Do I have to be pushy to be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not have to be pushy to be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant. We believe in building relationships with our customers and providing excellent customer service. Our consultants are encouraged to be genuine and helpful, rather than pushy or aggressive.

How can I avoid feeling pressured by other consultants to join Pampered Chef?

If you are feeling pressured by other consultants to join Pampered Chef, you can politely decline and let them know that you are not interested at this time. You can also reach out to a different consultant or our customer service team to learn more about the company and the opportunity without feeling pressured.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies