• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Will Never Feel Pushy Again...!

good business sense on our part to make it feel more like a social event. Sounds like the consultant just didn't have the right personality for your show!
Kristina21
I know it has been said on here many times that other direct selling companies are really pushy. I had taken the advice of my director and hosted another companies party. I went with the one my mother wanted to sell so she could turn it into a kick off show of some sort. We got our host kit a week before our show, there were only 15 invitations! :eek: A few phone calls and emails later...it's party day (last night). She walked into my home (a 3 bedroom house) and said "this is it? I've never set up in such a small home" I bit my tongue and kept quiet. She was loud and obnoxious and when only 3 people showed she was VERY visibly irritated that was it. (well when you only sent 15 invites...) She then asked each of the guests 6 times if they wanted to do a show! And then in front of everyone continued to push my mom to buy the whole $325 kit right there!

It makes me VERY glad I chose a company that has business sense and common decency. Oh and instead of joining the other DSA company I signed my mom last night!

Congratulations on signing your mom!!:balloon:

I have run into that kind of consultant in so many companies that it's no wonder that people are skittish about us being pushy.

I know, it kinda makes me mad. I feel like we get such a bad rap because of some bad consultants! Geez! It amazes me what people say/do.

Sounds like that consultant needs to get a different job! I have had shows where only 1/2 of the people that said they'd be there did in fact show up, and some of those were my highest sales! :)

Wow! What nerve. Apparently it's what you had to do to get your mom to sign up with you.

Perhaps it had nothing to do with the company she works for.

Where are her manners???? Sometimes I wonder what in the world people are thinking.... does she expect everyone to live in a mansion???? Not everyone is like her.

Sorry, my two cents....

twinkie10 said:
Perhaps it had nothing to do with the company she works for.

Where are her manners???? Sometimes I wonder what in the world people are thinking.... does she expect everyone to live in a mansion???? Not everyone is like her.

Sorry, my two cents....
ITA, it's not the co. it's the person selling! Unless some DS companies Train their consultants this way?:eek:

I've heard some people on here that talk alot about a certain DS company that seems to have pushy consultants. I would have been appalled to even have her at my house.

How rude! What DS company?

Congrats on signing your mom!

I really don't think it was the company but just mainly her. Whoever said she didn't have manners...I think you got it. None of us would ever EVER walk into a host's home and criticize it! I would never dream of pushing bookings that much. My guests told me later and yesterday that she was "wierd" and they were glad that I don't do my shows like that! :)

I went to a party not long ago where the consultant talked about the product for maybe 5-7 minutes and talked about her business and their stats for about 30-35 minutes. She had pay graphs and charts, and really everyone got bored with it. I don't mind getting some of the products, but it definitely wasn't a fun show. I love how our shows are just so fun and interactive.

Sorry you had such a rude woman come into your home, but at least you got your mom to sign! Always the silver lining.

It's definitely the person! I had a show the other night. I spilled sugar, forgot a couple of ingredients. The crowd laughed and had fun. The host said, "I'm glad you're just like us normal people. I've had shows where the consultant looks so much better and doesn't make it look like I could do it."

Glad I could help! We had fun.

I had a host tell me something similar at my show on Sunday...that a previous consultant she worked with YEARS ago made everything look too "perfect" and just went ON and ON about all the wonderful things she does for her family. Apparently that consultant basically made everyone feel like she was Donna Reed and living in Pleasantville and that they were all substandard in comparison. She liked the fact that I asked the guests about their families, asked what they might like to order and what they would use the products to make, etc. I think it's definitely more about the consultant, less about the company, but I always tell people that the reason I signed with PC is that they are very family-oriented (and tell us to work our schedule around our family first, not work our family around our schedule!) and that they make it fun to put meals together for our family so we can spend more quality time enjoying the meals WITH our family. :)

What is "I Will Never Feel Pushy Again...!"?

"I Will Never Feel Pushy Again...!" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that helps consultants feel more confident and comfortable in their sales approach.

How can this program benefit me as a Pampered Chef consultant?

This program can benefit you by providing you with the tools and strategies to sell effectively without feeling pushy or uncomfortable. It can also help you build stronger relationships with your customers and increase your sales.

Is this program only for new consultants?

No, this program is beneficial for both new and experienced consultants. It can help new consultants get a better understanding of the sales process, and it can provide experienced consultants with new techniques and strategies to improve their sales approach.

What does the program cover?

The program covers topics such as building rapport with customers, effective communication, overcoming objections, and creating a personalized sales approach. It also includes tips and techniques for booking parties and increasing sales.

How can I access "I Will Never Feel Pushy Again...!"?

You can access the program through the Pampered Chef website or by contacting your team leader. It is available in both online and in-person formats for your convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl