• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

January Recipes: Power Cooking Ideas Without A Skillet

2 cups of chopped broccoli, carrots, onion, bell pepper and garlic pressed in a saucepan. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.Meanwhile, dice chicken. Snip basil. Set aside. Add chicken and alfredo sauce to broth; simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and parsley. Ladle soup into bowls; top with desired toppings.
pampered2007
Hi! I was wondering what recipes everyone is offering for the month of January. I would love to do the power cooking but I don't have a skillet other than the saute pan. So I was thinking of maybe a ring or a braid. I don't really want to offer desserts because of everyone so tired of eating sweets. Anyone care to share their recipe thoughts and ideas?

I am offering Power Cooking - Chicken or Beef. I purchased the 12 inch Skillet for a gift for myself a few months ago.

Soup & SlippersSoups to be decided upon later, but Smashed Potato Soup and Taco Soup are two that come to mind.

With Soups and slippers show you can give a small prize away for the best looking slippers or the cutest! My team has done this in the past.

Soup and slippers
Margaritas and fajitas
Death by Chocolate (no one gets tired of sweets)

I've gotten a good response from these themes.

Chef Kearns said:
Soup and slippers
Margaritas and fajitas

Can you share your Margarita recipe(s)?

Chef Kearns said:
Soup and slippers
Margaritas and fajitas

What recipes to you do for the Death by Chocolate?

For the Margarita recipe, it is nothing really. We usually just use the pre-mix stuff. That seems to please most people who want a quick cocktail. My crowds aren't usually so high-brow as to need top shelf stuff.

I try to keep it really simple. And I mainly do recipes that I enjoy eating otherwise I inadvertantly turn my nose up (like I'm disgusted) while I'm cooking. I had someone point that out to me once. So now I just stick with stuff that seems palatable to me!:p

Attachments

• Death by Chocolate Choices.doc
    122.5 KB · Views: 471
Soup and Slippers sounds cute! Anyone have the recipes for the smashed potato and taco soup, or know where I can find them. Also I'm curious, has anyone done a soup and slippers show as a hands on interactive show?

pampered2007 said:
Soup and Slippers sounds cute! Anyone have the recipes for the smashed potato and taco soup, or know where I can find them. Also I'm curious, has anyone done a soup and slippers show as a hands on interactive show?
You can search for both in the files section. There is an interactive version of the smashed potato soup listed as well.

stefani2 said:
I am offering Power Cooking - Chicken or Beef. I purchased the 12 inch Skillet for a gift for myself a few months ago.

I'm doing the same. I purchased a small burner that I use at the show. Are you able to borrow a bigger pan from your director or another local consultant? When I first started PC, my director was more than willing to loan me products when needed.

In February I'm doing the soup and slippers: Smashed Potato Soup or Chicken Alfredo AND both Sweet Cornbread and garlic bites. It allows me to feature cookware as versitile (on stovetop and in the stove) and the "starter" piece of cookware.

pampered2007 said:

Smashed Potato Soup
(It's Good For You!...pg 59)

1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrot
1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
1 (1 lb, 4 oz) pkg refrigerated mashed potatoes
1 (14 1/2 oz) can 99% fat-free chicken broth
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 Tbls snipped fresh parsley
Optional toppings: sliced green onions, reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese and crisply cooked, crumbled turkey bacon

1. Coarsely chop carrot and celery using Food Chopper. Place mashed potatoes in Medium (3 qt) Saucepan. Gradually add broth and milk, whisking until mixture is smooth using Nylon Spiral Whisk. Stir in carrot, celery, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.

2. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and parsley. Ladle soup into bowls; top with desired toppings.

Makes 4 servings.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup

2 cups of chopped broccoli
1 cup of chopped carrots
1 cup of chopped onion
1 cup of diced red bell pepper
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 cans (14 – 14 ½ oz) chicken broth
4 cups cooked chicken
2 tablespoons basil
2 jars (16 oz each) Alfredo sauce
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese

1. Chop broccoli, carrots, and onion. Dice bell peppers. Place broccoli, carrots, onion, bell pepper and garlic pressed in a saucepan. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
2. Meanwhile, dice chicken. Snip basil. Set aside. Add chicken and alfredo sauce to broth; simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir basil into soup.
3. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sweet Cornbread recipe

1 (9 ounce) box corn muffin mix
1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1/3 cup milk
4 eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350.
Thoroughly spray muffin pan cups with non-stick spray.
Pour mixes into large batter bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
The batter will be very thick.
Pour into prepared muffin cups.
I made 12 regular sized muffins and 24 mini muffins from one batch of this batter, and had a tiny bit left over for the "bowl lickers".
Bake mini muffins for 15 minutes, or until golden.
Bake regular sized muffins for 20 minutes, or until golden.

Wow! Thanks for the recipes! You're awesome! I think I will have Soup & Slipper shows for January and a Valentine Theme for February. I have a couple of moms who are interested in having a Valentine Cookie Decorating party in February for their kids. Now if I can just get them to set a date! Thanks again:)

stefani2 said:
Can you share your Margarita recipe(s)?

This is the margarita recipe I use. It's from here, but I don't know "who".
Slap Your Mama Margaritas (I double this for the Family-Sized QSP)

2 cans 7 - up
1 12 oz. can frozen limeade
8 oz tequila
1 bottle Corona beer
(no substitutes)

I'm doing these and fajitas in January to focus on the DCB.

I am doing Soup and Slipper shows, with the White Chicken Chili. I still want to use the DCB- I had done the Fajitas show from June to the end of the year, and no one got tired of it, and I sold so many of them full-price.

Appetizer
Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip
Jerk Chicken nachos

Main Dish
Spinach Carbonara Pizza (contains bacon)
Microwave White Chicken Chili

Dessert
Tiramisu Trifle
Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies

Also Power Cooking

1. What is the concept behind "power cooking" and how does it apply to January recipes?

Power cooking is the idea of preparing meals quickly and efficiently using kitchen tools and appliances such as the Instant Pot, slow cooker, or air fryer. During the busy month of January, when many people are trying to stick to New Year's resolutions or get back into a routine, power cooking can save time and help with meal planning.

2. Are there any specific recipes in the January collection that do not require a skillet?

Yes, there are several recipes in the January collection that do not require a skillet. These include slow cooker recipes, Instant Pot recipes, and air fryer recipes. You can also find recipes that use alternative cooking methods, such as sheet pan meals or one-pot meals.

3. Can I still make these recipes if I don't own a slow cooker or Instant Pot?

Yes, many of the recipes in the January collection can still be made without a slow cooker or Instant Pot. However, these appliances do make the cooking process faster and more convenient. If you don't have either of these, you can still make the recipes using a regular stovetop or oven.

4. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in the January power cooking recipes?

Yes, there are vegetarian and vegan options in the January power cooking recipes. Look for recipes that use plant-based proteins, such as beans or tofu, and make sure to check the ingredients for any animal products. You can also modify some of the meat-based recipes by substituting with vegetarian options.

5. How can I adapt these recipes for a larger family or for meal prep?

Many of the January power cooking recipes can easily be adapted for a larger family or for meal prep. You can double or triple the ingredients to make more servings, or divide the prepared meals into individual portions for meal prep. You can also use larger kitchen tools, such as a larger slow cooker or sheet pan, to accommodate more food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
skaugchef
  • sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • cookin to the top