• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

February Show Inspiration: Delicious Ideas for Your Next Party!

In summary, the conversation is about ideas for February shows. For January, the host offered a Soup & Bread show and a Superbowl Snacks show, but is fresh out of ideas for February. They are considering doing a chocolate-themed Valentine's show, with suggestions for show stopper ideas and a chocolate quiz. They also mention doing a hot chocolate bar and suggest the host serve chocolate martinis. Others in the conversation mention doing a dessert-focused show and share ideas such as making chocolate bowls and using silicone cupcake pans. The conversation also includes a discussion about using edible rose petals and chocolate melts for candy making.
pamperedgirl3
I can't decide what kinds of shows to offer for my February shows. For January, I offered Soup & Bread (making Lazy Lasagna Chili & garlic pull aparts), Superbowl Snacks (taco ring & touchdown taco dip) & Let Them Eat Cake (turtle fudge skillet cake & garlic pull aparts-while the cake is baking). But I'm fresh out of ideas for February. I was thinking of doing the 13-minute cakes in the microwave, but I tried the Romantic Red Raspberry with chocolate & with white & didn't like either enough for a show.

Any ideas?? What are the rest of you doing??

I am doing 1 Valentines show which would be great for any date before the
14th! It will be a chocolate theme, will have some show stopper ideas I found on another site, (edible rose petals with a candle on SA plate), maybe a chocolate bowl filled with conversation hearts. Valentine gift ideas for your loved ones. HAVE A Choc. quiz. And it's national choc. month so I have heard so that will tie into the whole theme. ANd I will suggest the host serve choc. martinis OR hot chocolate bar.

Anyways those are my ideas so far. HTH!

heat123 said:
I am doing 1 Valentines show which would be great for any date before the
14th! It will be a chocolate theme, will have some show stopper ideas I found on another site, (edible rose petals with a candle on SA plate), maybe a chocolate bowl filled with conversation hearts. Valentine gift ideas for your loved ones. HAVE A Choc. quiz. And it's national choc. month so I have heard so that will tie into the whole theme. ANd I will suggest the host serve choc. martinis OR hot chocolate bar.

Anyways those are my ideas so far. HTH!

How are you making your chocolate bowl? Maybe the silicone cupcake pan?
can you share that edible rose pedal website link?

Im going with desserts for the month of Feb. Sweets! Im letting them choose between Taffy Apple Pizza, LOVE IT especially w/ the A/P/C/S its a wow dessert for me so far, or the Pecan Lattice...definitly a wower or the choc.chip sensation, everyone has been LOVING that! And then a little something w/ the minimuffin pan..not sure yet?

Make the chocolate bowls ahead of time- sometimes the balloons pop and you don't want a giant mess at the host's kitchen! Just melt some chocolate bark in the microwave or the double boiler. Blow up a small balloon and dip it into the chocolate, let harden, dip again, repeat until the bowl is thick enough. Set on waxed paper to harden. Pop the balloon and discard.

Great for ice cream bowls, too!

Paige Dixon said:
Make the chocolate bowls ahead of time- sometimes the balloons pop and you don't want a giant mess at the host's kitchen! Just melt some chocolate bark in the microwave or the double boiler. Blow up a small balloon and dip it into the chocolate, let harden, dip again, repeat until the bowl is thick enough. Set on waxed paper to harden. Pop the balloon and discard.

Great for ice cream bowls, too!

mmmm! This is dangerous.....I love chocolate ;)

Is chocolate bark the same as chocolate chips?

oh! oh! you can also put the dark chocolate Hershey's Kissables in the chocolate bowls....the candy coatings are the colors of the tiles & dots!

No- chocolate bark has a slighly higher concentration of shortening. For every 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips, add 2 teaspoons of shortening.

Great to know! Thanks so much. Have you ever thought of going on who wants to be a millionaire with your DH as a lifeline? It seems like if you don't know it, he does. :)

jenniferknapp said:
Great to know! Thanks so much. Have you ever thought of going on who wants to be a millionaire with your DH as a lifeline? It seems like if you don't know it, he does. :)
Aw, you're sweet! I just seem to know all sorts of useless facts.

Just like there isn't a such thing as a stupid question, there is no such thing as a useless fact!

chefann said:
Aw, you're sweet! I just seem to know all sorts of useless facts.
Umm Anne, do you know if the chocolate melts (to make candy) need shortening as well? I want to try 1 bowl and maybe put the conversation hearts in them.

lilscrapmama said:
How are you making your chocolate bowl? Maybe the silicone cupcake pan?
can you share that edible rose pedal website link?

The edible flowers is a pdf doc so I will just type how to:

wash flowers in cold water. Place on paper towel and air dry or gently blot dry.

Brush egg white lightly onto flower with pastry brush or soft paint brush.

Sprikle evenly with sugar, shake gently to remove excess sugar.

Place on cooling rack to dry for at least 30 min.

Common edible flowers: roses, carnations, lavender, nasturtiums, johnny jump ups.

heat123 said:
Umm Anne, do you know if the chocolate melts (to make candy) need shortening as well? I want to try 1 bowl and maybe put the conversation hearts in them.

I'm not Ann- but I do know that you don't need shortening for chocolate melts - those are the same as bark, only smaller!;) ;)

I'm making the Roasted Chicken in the Deep Covered Baker. Hubby has an issue with making it in the microwave because there are people (like me when I was first starting to cook and was burning water) who will think "30 minutes in the microwave and it's done" and won't check it. They could possibly have a half-thawed one and other reasons that it could end up being a problem showing it in the microwave. Anyhoo, I'm helping with a Spring Kick-off on Tuesday and that's what the sister consultant is going to make. I can't try it in my microwave because bro-in-law somehow created flames in the microwave and there is a black spot and a place where the top of it is melted, so it might not be safe to COOK RAW meat in it. That being said, cooking it in the oven doesn't take much longer. So, I might use the same outline but use the oven and let the guests know it is available to do in the microwave, but give them SPECIFIC instructions on what to and what not to do.If I do it in the oven, I will probably do some kind of dessert in the microwave. I have been doing the microwave fluted cake this month and people have LOVED it!

Thanks Becky!

Is the Lazy Lasagna Chili a PC recipe? Sounds like a good one.

pkd09 said:
Is the Lazy Lasagna Chili a PC recipe? Sounds like a good one.

Yes, it's in the Soups, Stews & Chilis recipe card collection. My guests at last night's show LOVED it! Sold the cards to all of them.

cmdtrgd said:
I'm making the Roasted Chicken in the Deep Covered Baker. Hubby has an issue with making it in the microwave because there are people (like me when I was first starting to cook and was burning water) who will think "30 minutes in the microwave and it's done" and won't check it. They could possibly have a half-thawed one and other reasons that it could end up being a problem showing it in the microwave. Anyhoo, I'm helping with a Spring Kick-off on Tuesday and that's what the sister consultant is going to make. I can't try it in my microwave because bro-in-law somehow created flames in the microwave and there is a black spot and a place where the top of it is melted, so it might not be safe to COOK RAW meat in it. That being said, cooking it in the oven doesn't take much longer. So, I might use the same outline but use the oven and let the guests know it is available to do in the microwave, but give them SPECIFIC instructions on what to and what not to do.

If I do it in the oven, I will probably do some kind of dessert in the microwave. I have been doing the microwave fluted cake this month and people have LOVED it!

I am actually doing a show on Fri night with the 30 min chicken. Hoping to showcase the baker and get a ton of bookings for Feb. I will continue doing the chicken for the first half of the month of Feb, then I shift to chocolate.

Was trying to figure out something that would showcase the mandolin, but Feb in Michigan can be pretty dreary, so chocolate it is.

Did see somewhere, I think on the Feb CN that there is a 30 min microwave turkey chili for the baker. That might be a recipe to take a look at.

cmdtrgd said:
If I do it in the oven, I will probably do some kind of dessert in the microwave. I have been doing the microwave fluted cake this month and people have LOVED it!

What recipe of the cake have you been making? I tried the one with cake mix (tried chocolate & white) & raspberry filling & wasn't very impressed with it. I had originally planned on that.

I may offer a dessert show. I was also thinking of doing a main dish & then baking cookies on the stone before the show & passing them around at the beginning while I talk about stoneware. I got that idea from the Feb CN.

Featuring....;=
pamperedgirl3 said:
I can't decide what kinds of shows to offer for my February shows. For January, I offered Soup & Bread (making Lazy Lasagna Chili & garlic pull aparts), Superbowl Snacks (taco ring & touchdown taco dip) & Let Them Eat Cake (turtle fudge skillet cake & garlic pull aparts-while the cake is baking). But I'm fresh out of ideas for February. I was thinking of doing the 13-minute cakes in the microwave, but I tried the Romantic Red Raspberry with chocolate & with white & didn't like either enough for a show.

Any ideas?? What are the rest of you doing??

I'm doing the Chocolate Mocha Trifle to promote the April Hostess special! I did it in January too not knowing about the trifile bowl coming in the Spring and I'm glad I did because now I have 7 shows booked for the spring already!!!

Hope this helps!

I am doing "Chillin with Chocolate", "Soup & Slippers" and the new one is "Mardi Gras" - February is just full of theme shows for me this month. I also have a show on Feb. 2nd and we are going to do a Groundhog Day Trivia game at the show.
Joanne

What are you making for the Mardi Gras theme?

I am now thinking of a chocolate show with the Peanutty Brownie Pizza & the Soup & Slippers again. I'm planning on making a batch of break & bake cookies before the show to pass around & talk about stoneware.

I found a Quick King Cake recipe off another recipe website (www.recipezaar.com) that uses crescent rolls, cream cheese and fruit pie filling. Then I was going to top it off with the green, gold, purple sugar. I will probably do it in a ring on a round stone. Remember to hide the "baby" in it (after cooking of course)! Another consultant said you can say "whoever finds the baby, Hosts the next show!" to get a little laugh. I was going to give a door prize. Then I planned to pass out beads to guests for asking questions, either about my job or our products. I need to work on invites though - this will be the third show with this family (they are sooo nice) so we want to do something a bit different. Her show is actually on Fat Tuesday, that's why we thought of it!

Can someone please let me know where the microwave fluted cake recipe can be located? Thanks!

Go to the files section & type in fluted pan recipes.

I am doing Desserts in February for Valentine's Day, for the whole month.
I am using the fluted bundt pan recipes for a cake. And I am also making cheesecake filled strawberries, you can also use the cheesecake filling to top off brownie bites.

The recipes are on my website.

www.pamperedchef.biz/vanessawilliams

I had the turkey chili at a show Thursday night - very good!
My favorite thing to make in the baker is the Touchdown Taco Dip - an old classic and if you have shows this week, great to teach people before Superbowl Sunday. You can also use the chopper for onions, etc. and the cheese grater on that one.

I am doing "Death by Chocolate". I sent the host 4 recipes (Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, Peanutty Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Mocha Trifle and Chocolate Chip Sensation). I am having my host each pick 2 recipes and will do one ahead and one at the show. It's all about the Chocolate!!!

Does anyone have a recipe for a non-alcoholic chocolate drink for shows? I know there is a recipe for chocolate martinis, but is there one not using alcohol that maybe can be made in the QSP? I'm going to offer chocolate desserts next month, but I'm scaling back to only one recipe again. So I thought offering to make a chocolate drink might take the place of the second recipe. Otherwise I'll probably just make coffee, but I don't have the new carafe & if they are discontinuing the coffee, I'm certainly not buying it now for one month of shows! Maybe I'll just use the old one--they'd probably think it was the host's anyway!

I would highly recommend the 30 minute chicken in the micro..made it again for my 5 kids and hubby...it fed all of us plus enough for my 14 year olds chicken wrap the next day in his packed lunch...I have made this recipe 3 times and each time it comes out perfect...
We did a big regional kickoff on Sat...and then one of my consultants went home and did a show...she did the chicken...had 7 guests and got 5 bookings for Feb. because of the baker...guess it works

pamperedgirl3 said:
Does anyone have a recipe for a non-alcoholic chocolate drink for shows? I know there is a recipe for chocolate martinis, but is there one not using alcohol that maybe can be made in the QSP? I'm going to offer chocolate desserts next month, but I'm scaling back to only one recipe again. So I thought offering to make a chocolate drink might take the place of the second recipe. Otherwise I'll probably just make coffee, but I don't have the new carafe & if they are discontinuing the coffee, I'm certainly not buying it now for one month of shows! Maybe I'll just use the old one--they'd probably think it was the host's anyway!
I would also love it if someone could share a recipe for a "Chocolate Martini" type drink or fun drink that is liquor free that revolves around chocolate. I have a chocoholics show Saturday afternoon that I think that would be perfect for! Please help!

What about making this...

Good Company(R) Frosty Latte

4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
2 cups cold milk
2 cups brewed Good Company(R) Coffee, regular or decaffeinated, cooled completely
1 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
Pantry Korintje Cinnamon(optional)

Scoop ice cream into Quick-Stir(R) Pitcher using Ice Cream Dipper. Add milk and coffee. Plunge until thoroughly mixed. Pour latte into ice-filled glasses. Garnish with whipped topping using Easy Accent(R) Decorator; sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.

And substituting CHOCOLATE ice cream to make it a MOCHA Latte? Or you could put Hot Chocolate in there instead of the coffee?

I'm looking for an invite for a Valentine's themed red, pink, and white theme show. I am not the most creative when it comes to this stuff so I was hoping someone on here had already created one. I've looked in the files section and haven't quite found what I'm looking for... Can anyone think of anything? Thanks for your help!

Bumping this up for others!! Thanks!:D

You can also do the "I have and love it" game and pass out hershey kisses and whoever has the most at the end of the demo....gets a little prize. I play that at February and October (for Sweetest day). It's easy and is a hit!

Non-Alcoholic drinks...

what about making iced hot chocolates ... hershey's has a recipe from their site http://www.hersheys.com/foodservice/recipes/recipe.asp?id=6972&page=1&keyword=HERSHEY'S%20Cocoa

ANy ideas to go along with the Molten Choc. Skillet Brownie?
If that is baking when guest arrive... what do you all demo? I want the demo recipe to be ready when I'm done with the demo!

I love doing the Chicken Tortilla Soup every January, and this year I'm still offering it through Feb. You can start by talking about cooking the 30 min chicken and eating it one night, picking the leftovers off for the soup. It shows plenty of tools if you garnish with grated cheese, a dallop (from the EAD) of sour cream, and a lime wedge on the top of each. I'm offering beer bread with it, showing off the mini loaf pan. I'm also throwing in the fluted micro cake just to show off the stoneware more.

I always love going back to old movies for themes or TV shows
Love Story, An affair to remember, When I think of some more- I will post them

Great idea Kirsten. Here are some others if I may add. Somewhere in Time, Casablanca, Dr. Zhivago, Sabrina, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman Holiday, The Shop Around the Corner (later remade as "You've Got Mail), and It Happened One Night. One that I recommend (and is not as classic as these) is Untamed Heart. LOVE IT!

Valky

I've always been nervous to try a theme show. I only did one and that was easy because it was a Death by Chocolate party - how easy was that!!!!

What would you do for those movie themes? ...trying to understand...

What would you do for those movie themes? ...trying to understand...

You have movie trivia questions like naming the stars and setting of a particular movie, famous lines in a movie, etc. Oh and if you want to you can have guests either dress as a character or bring something to the show that would be related to one (or all) of the movies. Let your imagination go wild.

Gotcha! Sorry I'm slow...
I guess I like playing games, etc, that have something to do with PC products, etc... Like Queen of Shoppers, Got it Love it ...etc...

I'm sure it's fun!! Maybe Grease? Dirty Dancing?

I am doing a sweethearts themed party on the 24th of this month.... anyone got some fun ideas taht I could use... she wants apatizer.......or main dish.... I am thiking about doing a 30 min chicken becasue it is a Saturday Show at 2 in the afternoon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
C. Schapker
  • pamperedgirl3
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
karlene
Replies
Views
sherylscooking