• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a Trick to Keeping the Garlic Press Hopper Attached?

In summary, Teresa has had the same problem with her garlic presses for a while and her neighbor has the same problem with theirs. Teresa stores hers like the picture and her neighbor stores hers with the cleaning tool pointing down.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I've had this problem since I've had it:

Ya know the thing that's supposed to remove the skins from the press? Well, mine won't stay on the press when I'm storing it! Only way it comes close to staying on is if I'm not storing it with the hopper in the right place. I've come close to losing it many times. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

yes, you are trying to keep it.
i have about 5 garlic presses none of mine have the cleaning tool anymore :)

Sometimes I think you get one that just won't stay on tight. Maybe order a replacement and see if that helps?

Teresa...your answer is too funny! They are silly little things that disappear quickly!

LOL - I just had this discussion with my neighbor, because neither one of us could get the cleaning tool to stay on. Maybe you're doing the same thing I was trying to do - stick the cleaner part "bristles" into the holes. It doesn't store like that. My 7 year old figured it out :eek: . I'll be back in a minute or two - I'm going to load a picture of what it should look like when you're storing it.

Here it is:

IMG_0583.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, Diane, it goes on like that, but rotated so that the "finger" is on the plate with the holes. But the little fingers do stick up.Mine has been lost and found so many times that I've lost count. It even survived a brief ride in the garbage disposer, so it's a little chewed up now. :)

Do you mean the long, skinny piece? It is on the holes.

Yes - Ann is correct - so the long skinny thing points down -

I store mine like the picture. This is how I was told from my recruiter. It stays in place and I always have it.

dianevill said:
LOL - I just had this discussion with my neighbor, because neither one of us could get the cleaning tool to stay on. Maybe you're doing the same thing I was trying to do - stick the cleaner part "bristles" into the holes. It doesn't store like that. My 7 year old figured it out :eek: . I'll be back in a minute or two - I'm going to load a picture of what it should look like when you're storing it.

Here it is:

IMG_0583.jpg

Here's another shot of mine. My DH thought he had it yesterday but the long finger thingy was sticking up. If this isn't correct, I'd recommend storing it this way - the cleaning tool can't pop off unless you OPEN the press...

IMG_0587.jpg

Thank you all!

Yup - Diane that is it!!

dianevill said:
Here's another shot of mine. My DH thought he had it yesterday but the long finger thingy was sticking up. If this isn't correct, I'd recommend storing it this way - the cleaning tool can't pop off unless you OPEN the press...

IMG_0587.jpg
Yep...this is the way! I always tell people to make sure the "arm" is laying accross the holes of the press. I was soooooooooo confused till my dir. told me that!

he he - Kelly - did you ever see Don Funt do his demo and tell his guests how to put the self cleaning tool back - ANYONE?? OH its so funny!!

PamperedDor said:
he he - Kelly - did you ever see Don Funt do his demo and tell his guests how to put the self cleaning tool back - ANYONE?? OH its so funny!!
No...I can't even IMAGINE what he has to say about that though! I heard he is quite raunchy!

I am probably going to order another replacement or two...for some reason, no matter how hard I try, I find a way to forget this piece at a host's house. Or it winds up in the trash when someone tries to help me "clean up" after the demo's over. I've replaced it twice already, and I've only had it since I started at the end of October 2007! I keep it stored just fine, but it's at shows when I find a way to misplace it. :)

Teresa Lynn said:
yes, you are trying to keep it.
i have about 5 garlic presses none of mine have the cleaning tool anymore :)
I'm like this with anything that has small peices.... forget the protective covers on the core and more and quikut paring knives, zester, serated peeler.... anything like that!! :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for posting pictures! I could never figure how to keep it together either! LOL

Me too with small pieces. I can never find them and then when I do, I's like "What the heck is this for?"

PamperedDor said:

Yes I have and that is just what I was thinking.....
The long thing should "hang" in the middle!!
:D

Related to Is There a Trick to Keeping the Garlic Press Hopper Attached?

1. How do I properly clean my garlic press?

Cleaning your garlic press is easy! Simply rinse it under warm water and use a small brush or toothpick to remove any leftover garlic bits. You can also put it in the dishwasher for a thorough cleaning.

2. Can I use the garlic press for other types of food?

Yes, you can use the garlic press to mince other types of food such as ginger, shallots, or even small herbs like rosemary or thyme. Just make sure to clean it thoroughly between uses.

3. Is it dishwasher safe?

Yes, the garlic press is dishwasher safe. However, hand washing is recommended for best results and to prolong its lifespan.

4. How do I use the garlic press without getting my hands dirty?

To use the garlic press without getting your hands dirty, simply peel the garlic clove and place it inside the press. Use the handles to squeeze the garlic through the holes, collecting the minced garlic in the attached container.

5. Can I adjust the size of the minced garlic?

Yes, you can adjust the size of the minced garlic by pressing the garlic through the holes multiple times for a finer mince or using a larger clove for a larger mince. You can also use the provided cleaning tool to remove any excess garlic from the holes to further adjust the size.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • Sonia_J
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rwesterpchef
  • Intrepid_Chef